Friends reunited!!!!!

Hugh Grant won a libel suit against The Daily Mail for writing "almost entirely fictional articles about [his] private life". So there.

Last edited:
Hugh Grant won a libel suit against The Daily Mail for writing "almost entirely fictional articles about [his] private life". So there.

Not saying they are always 100% correct just they are reliable. There's a difference.

No the sun like and the star are crap.

The Mail is the one like the Guardian and The Daily Telegraph. They are actually good papers.

are you sure your (YOU ARE or YOU'RE) not getting the mail mixed up with the daily mirror? It sounds like it to me, that or you don't news papers (missing something there maybe?) with out the page 3 girl and pages of ****.

No, I was just mentioning the fact that in most UK papers, 'exclusive movie scoops' they post are either

a) So exclusive they were on the Internet 2 years ago, or
b) Bull.

In many different papers, from the The Daily Mail to The Star, I have read these 'exclusives', like "The Spider Man 3 villain, The Vulture, will be played by Ben Kingsley" (that one popped up all over the shop) That one was a cracking scoop there.. 9 times out of 10 they pick up tidbits of info from a website and make that into an exclusive.

Last edited:
Wow still doing the correcting grammar and stuff? That stopped been funny or smart like a year ago and just makes me ignore the post that follows.

There is more than one place saying it though. Like the last link I posted plus

http://perezhilton.com/2008-0-02-awful-awful-awful/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FRIENDS#Film (though Wikipedia is very unreliable)

I think there is a chance. I think WB are denying it ect... now as the reports seemed leaked. So It's very possible they want to keep it quiet till they announce it.

Personally I think it's happening the Daily Mail does seem more reliable than that blog it is a big paper here. But who knows.
Both the links you provided also refer back to the same source (i.e., The Daily Mail) so neither of them act as corroborating evidence for the story.

I'm not saying it's not going to happen.

I'm saying that story is premature reportage, like say people in the 90s saying Charlie Sheen was gonna be Spider-Man opposite Schwarzenegger as Venom, and it would be based on Maximum Carnage. Or how there was going to be a Cyberforce movie.

My guess is that the Mail needed a column to fill, and it's a piece that isn't really going to catch them any flack since its truthiness isn't exactly pertinent. The point I'M trying to make is that --- like the Daily Globe story revealing Matt Murdock is Daredevil --- there are no sources, no corroborating stories, and no one is being quoted and it is therefore shoddy journalism.

At least other stories saying, "XYZ movie could happen, says out of work TV star" actually quote the star on a red carpet premiere and while it turns out the piece is just the star talking out of his or her ***, about things he or she is talking about with the producers and about how she's told maybe it's a gonna happen, it's an article that is actually just tagged with a misleading headline merely used to fill up an entertainment news.

This piece? There's nothing.

It's baseless speculation.

An idea.

Hellsbuttmonkey made fun of SSJ Mole:
are you sure your (YOU ARE or YOU'RE) not getting the mail mixed up with the daily mirror?

Wow still doing the correcting grammar and stuff? That stopped been funny or smart like a year ago and just makes me ignore the post that follows.

Do you know what is funny, though?

Ross corrected this exact same mistake by Rachel in an episode of Friends where they got back together, briefly. :lol:

I knew what you getting at Ourchair. I was just saying I think it will. But like I also said who knows. I hope it does. and it's all cool dude.

Do you know what is funny, though?

Ross corrected this exact same mistake by Rachel in an episode of Friends where they got back together, briefly. :lol:

:lol: Yeah I just meant on this site.

But just thought of something. How weird will the film be if it is made as there will be no laugh track, Unless they give it one wich would be weird for a film.

Last edited:
Boy, I sure hope the Friends get back together!! It'll make my life complete finally, LOLS! It'll be as fun as seeing my favorite sassy girls in the super-fabulous Sex and the City movie!! I sure hope _____ and _____ finally get together on the big screen, OMG! It's like Hollywood is fulfilling all of my greatest wishes!!11

Boy, I sure hope the Friends get back together!! It'll make my life complete finally, LOLS! It'll be as fun as seeing my favorite sassy girls in the super-fabulous Sex and the City movie!! I sure hope _____ and _____ finally get together on the big screen, OMG! It's like Hollywood is fulfilling all of my greatest wishes!!11

I'm holding out for the Mad About You revival.

Oh, Helen Hunt, Paul Reiser, and that fat stupid guy!

Last edited:
Pathetic is when the only way for TV actors to continue their lackluster big screen careers is to star in a movie adaptation of the TV series they came from.

(Though for the record, I thought David Schwimmer in Big Nothing was excellent and so was Matthew Perry in Numb.)

Now that shocks me. It really looked like it was going to happen, what with the Daily Mail saying so.

No, seriously....

Except it wasn't just them if you look at the other links yahoo and a lot of places were reporting so stop trying to be an arse just for the sake of been an arse.

Except it wasn't just them if you look at the other links yahoo and a lot of places were reporting so stop trying to be an arse just for the sake of been an arse.

I think the point is, Mole, is that all those other links were basing themselves and sourcing/linking themselves to the Daily Mirror link. Basically, some jackass misreported or made up this rumor, ran with it, then a few other sites posted the same news based on that false report. Like people were saying, the Daily Mirror piece didn't even feature any quotes or further proof of their own sources for the piece.

I think the point is, Mole

I know the point. But it's the way he worded it was for no reason other than to be a prick about it. But there were sites reporting it that were not just copying the Mail's story and had quotes from actresses ect... but it's false now unless Warner Bros are trying to keep it secret but that's a long shot.

Latest posts

Back