Funny things you've heard yelled out at the movies.

Sadly, audiences to the movies I see are remarkable well-behaved (except for the occassional idiot who brings a baby or a laser pointer). However, when we saw Star Wars III, someone yelled out, "We are here.... to see Star Wars." And when it started, that same person yelled out, "It begins." It was pretty funny.

When I saw Zoolander some guy came in and yelled "If anybody has an empty seat next to them will they move over?"

then some guy yelled back

"Everybody point and laugh"

so everybody did.

"You'll all going to hell for this" he yelled back.

It was hilarous.

Then when I was watching Domino the other guy some guy yelled "YES" during Keira Knightley's topless scene.

I think this is hilarious.

I can vaguely remember a particularly funny incident a few months back. I was at the premiere of Spider-Man 3, so the theater was crowded. There was a group of about three loud black guys in the row behind me. Before the movie even started, one of the guys was yelling. This guy was the loudest, and was talking throughout the entire movie. When the Harry Potter preview came on, the guy was like "Harry Potter is the ****. Man, when's Harry gonna get some," or something like that. It had something to do with Harry getting some. The guy liked most of the trailers that followed, until Pirates 3 came up. The pirate ship came on the screen, and everyone in the audience knew what movie it was, and all the girls were cheering, and the guy was like "Boooo!!" and then all the girls started laughing. The preview for Surf's Up came on, and the guy was like "Man, I love penguins!" It was so funny how he said it. He was talking throughout the entire movie, but he was funny as hell, and it made my movie-going experience that much funner. And that's my story.

Last night at The Simpsons Movie, right when Green Day's boat sank, some guy applauded and yelled "It's about time!". That was funnier than about 80% of the film.

Heh. I'll probably use that if I see it again this weekend.

Also, when I saw Harry Potter a second time, I borrowed something else from UC: After the Bratz preview, I loudly booed.

Did anybody else see the Alvin and the Chipmunks teaser before their showing of The Simpsons Movie?

When Djf sees it again, he should come up with a snappily-worded way to shout "Nothing makes a kid's cartoon better than characters eating each other's feces!".

Did anybody else see the Alvin and the Chipmunks teaser before their showing of The Simpsons Movie?

When Djf sees it again, he should come up with a snappily-worded way to shout "Nothing makes a kid's cartoon better than characters eating each other's feces!".

If I (or someone else here) have/has a great way to make that shorter, I'll do it. :D

At The Dark Knight, before the trailers started but after the pre-show bits ended, a projecter cue came on screen that said "powering off" and then the screen went black and some guy near the front yelled out "NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAUUUUUUUGHHHHH!!!!!!" and everybody laughed.

After the end of the credits, that logo that's a picture of a maze came on screen and I shouted "A Maze.... THE RIDDLER!". About a quarter of the audience stayed to see if there was a scene after the credits and they loved that.

After the end of the credits, that logo that's a picture of a maze came on screen and I shouted "A Maze.... THE RIDDLER!". About a quarter of the audience stayed to see if there was a scene after the credits and they loved that.

The Legendary Pictures one? Nice.

When I saw The Dark Knight in theaters, and they showed the preview for the new Mummy movie, it said "A Rob Cohen Film," and some guy in the audience was like, "One of the Cohen brothers?"

This thread is one of the most hilarious we've ever had. I'm reading the whole thing just now and I'm cracking up

The funniest one was when I saw Episode I in theatres, back when I was a wee lad six years ago. It was the scene when Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are in the hangar and then the doors opened to reveal Darth Maul, and when Darth Maul pulled back his cloak to reveal his head, a guy in the back shouted "HOOOOOOOOLY ****!" I started busting out laughing.

For some reason, this just struck me as being one of the funniest things I've heard in the last few weeks. Every time I think over this post I burst out in laughter. You're the man, Doc Comic.

When I went to see "The 40-Year Old Virgin" the entire theater (and it was one of those huuuuge theaters) was filled with old people. I, my sister, her friend and my cousin were probably the only people in the theater under 50. And the scary part? The old people only laughed at the dirtiest parts. And they laughed a lot. It was horrifying.

Two friends and I went to see Rocky Balboa, and a trailer about werewolves came on. It was mediocre, but when the title came up and it said "BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE", my friends and I yelled "WHAT THE ****!?" and everyone in the theater started laughing hysterically.

Last night at Live Free Or Die Hard, during the scene where
John is beating up the Asian chick
, my friend says, just loud enough for the people one or two rows around us to hear, "Graphic rape scene!!!".

I was literally in tears over that. I was still silently chuckling about 5 minutes later.:lol:

I go to the movies a lot, almost always AMC. Before the movie, they always have these quotes from celebrities.

Well, one came up from Lindsay Lohan and said "I am the hardest working person I know", so I laughed and yelled "Yeah, maybe on top" and everybody in the theater laughed.

Sadly, audiences to the movies I see are remarkable well-behaved (except for the occassional idiot who brings a baby or a laser pointer). However, when we saw Star Wars III, someone yelled out, "We are here.... to see Star Wars." And when it started, that same person yelled out, "It begins." It was pretty funny.

At The Dark Knight on opening night, before the trailers started but after the pre-show bits ended, a projecter cue came on screen that said "powering off" and then the screen went black and some guy near the front yelled out "NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAUUUUUUUGHHHHH!!!!!!" and everybody laughed.

I can't believe I didn't post this earlier, but the second time I saw Dark Knight, this time with my friend who hadn't seen it yet, when
Jim Gordon comes back and Barbara Gordon slaps him
, my friend yells "Awwww, c***!". It was hysterical because the way he said it was not trying to be funny but completely reflexively as if he'd just been slapped.

During one of the mayor's earlier scenes he leans over and goes "Do you know who should've played the Mayor? Steve Carrel." We were laughing uncontrolably during every single one of the mayor's appearances throughout the movie.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is a great thread.

When the Watchmen trailer came up, someone whispered "Aquaman!"

And when Ultxon went with his friends to a movie and the Dark Knight trailer appeared, he said "Daredevil 2!"

Latest posts

Back