Future Ultimates Enemies

I think now that its known that Thor is a god, that we sould see some of his bigger enmies. I also think the Imperfects (if re-tooled) would make for a great story. Some of those characters look like they could do some real damage.

I think now that its known that Thor is a god, that we sould see some of his bigger enmies. I also think the Imperfects (if re-tooled) would make for a great story. Some of those characters look like they could do some real damage.

I think they should have Loki change himself into a more god-like state if/when he comes back. I think it would be a fight to remember.

Kang.

We already have time travel in the FF and X-men, and I think Kang, if they got rid of all the baggage, would be a very intresting character.

As for Absorbing Man, I thought the use of his character in the Earth X trilogy was brilliant and it shows that he could be an extremely potent threat to the Ultimates. Hopefully, Loeb does him well.

Hell, I could see more enemies of individuals being quite good too. Mandarin and even Fing Fang Foom have great potential for ultimitization.

After seeing Magneto in New Avengers, I think he's got the potential to be in the Ultimates.

I think the best shot for a great enemy would be Hydra. I don't know what it would be about, but there lots of potential with a foriegn group with super-soldiers and political connections.

I think Hydra should definitely make an appearance. Instead of making them a jihadic terrorist organization, have them be the network of powerful men who funded and manufactured the Liberators and their attack on America. Now that the Ultimates have eliminated the idealistic members of the faction, opportunists come together and use this network of dissidents to form Hydra. Think of it as similar to DC's Intergang. I'd give them Black Widow, and introduce A.I.M. as their science research division. A good portion of the characters could come from failed experiments there.

I naturally want to see an appearance of Red Skull. Other than that, the High Evolutionary and Count Nefaria.

I'd like to see Ultimate Hydra if it was something like Hawkeye hunting down the remaining Liberators and discovering an organization which rivals SHIELD. It could be revealed they go way back, and the Cold War was actually a Secret War between the two or something.

I think Hydra should definitely make an appearance. Instead of making them a jihadic terrorist organization, have them be the network of powerful men who funded and manufactured the Liberators and their attack on America. Now that the Ultimates have eliminated the idealistic members of the faction, opportunists come together and use this network of dissidents to form Hydra. Think of it as similar to DC's Intergang. I'd give them Black Widow, and introduce A.I.M. as their science research division. A good portion of the characters could come from failed experiments there.

I naturally want to see an appearance of Red Skull. Other than that, the High Evolutionary and Count Nefaria.

I like your idea for HYDRA as well as ProjectX2's. No jihadists or what have you, just some really powerful, clandestine organization created to be the anti-SHIELD. This could work well if they were the type of group to groom and/or plant their people in high-profile positions of power. Political candidates, captains of industry and that sort of thing. A shadow society hell-bent on controlling the world from behind the scenes, infiltrating every aspect of modern life, society and culture across the globe.

Build them up until they're so powerful that they've even infiltrated the SHIELD infrastructure without anyone even noticing, and then they can go public and threaten to pull the plug on everything... that's what I call a mission of complete world domination, which is what HYDRA was always about in 616.

I also share your desire to see a real, genuine Ultimate Red Skull but my only concern is that the character is pulled off right. If and when, it should be handled with care. As yet, Cap hasn't had any flashbacks of Skull in WWII, but there's always that possibility. High Evolutionary would also be an interesting read, for sure. As long as he's not wearing pink armor and a loin cloth like his 616 counterpart... and what was with the hand-grip on his head?

What about the group who funded the liberators? Do we know who they are? I'm not sure, I don't know where it explained it if it had been mentioned.

I like your idea for HYDRA as well as ProjectX2's. No jihadists or what have you, just some really powerful, clandestine organization created to be the anti-SHIELD. This could work well if they were the type of group to groom and/or plant their people in high-profile positions of power. Political candidates, captains of industry and that sort of thing. A shadow society hell-bent on controlling the world from behind the scenes, infiltrating every aspect of modern life, society and culture across the globe.

Build them up until they're so powerful that they've even infiltrated the SHIELD infrastructure without anyone even noticing, and then they can go public and threaten to pull the plug on everything... that's what I call a mission of complete world domination, which is what HYDRA was always about in 616.
Another infiltration of SHIELD? The chitauri, Black Widow, and HYDRA seems a bit excessive to me.

Kang.

We already have time travel in the FF and X-men, and I think Kang, if they got rid of all the baggage, would be a very intresting character.
I think Kang could be really good.

Last edited:
The problem with that is most villains have a personal connection to their hero, that doesn't exist with other heroes. For example Ock, Venom and Gobby have a personal connection that makes their battles more than mere fist fights, these personal connections don't exist with the utlimates, besides with power houses like Thor and Iron man, no Spidey villain has a chance against the ultimates (look how the ultimates wrecked the Ultimate Six) Likewise Doom has a connection with the FF, Magneto has a connection with the X-Men, etc if the Ultimates were fighting Doom or magneto there would no personal connection. Personal connections and power levels are why certain heroes and villains always fight eachother.

Personal connection or not, most of them are a thread to the nation, they should be dealt with the Ultimates, especially Doom and Magneto.

other x-men and ff villans untill magneto and doom return

But your having the ultimates take out their biggest enemies and again battles betyween Magneto and the X-Men are far more interesting than battles between Ultimates and magneto, because magneto has a personal connection with the X-Men, it would just be another slug fest between the Ultimates and magneto, with no personal connection to make it interesting.

Marvel is trying to take a more "realistical" view at the Ultimates, so why ignore such treats? Magneto almost killed the president! Doom could be making weapons of mass destruction to use it against the USA.
USM, UXM, UFF and Ultimates are in the same universe, heck, they are in the same country, why can't they share some bad guys? Villains are Villains, if a guy is doing mayhem and have super powers, the Ultimates should be there.

Marvel is trying to take a more "realistical" view at the Ultimates, so why ignore such treats? Magneto almost killed the president! Doom could be making weapons of mass destruction to use it against the USA.
USM, UXM, UFF and Ultimates are in the same universe, heck, they are in the same country, why can't they share some bad guys? Villains are Villains, if a guy is doing mayhem and have super powers, the Ultimates should be there.

Perhaps, but why can't the Ultimates develop their own villains as well, that they can have personal connections with?

Last edited:
Thank you that was all I wanted to know. Maybe there will be a liberators II. Or Ultimate Thunderbolts.

Or Masters of Evil.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back