Gamesmaster Round 1 - Superman!

Man, you know what would be even better than this? A huge free-roam totally customizable etc. etc. etc. game like we always talk about here.... only instead of just being Superman, you create your own superhero character.

You'd be the city's only superhero. You design your own costume, pick your powers, and have at it. They could do a huge, branching, Mass-Effect-like storyline and set of characters to interact with however your character wants, and best of all, DC, Marvel and whoever else could capitalize on this by getting online and selling gamers downloadable character models to play as, Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, whoever you want.

Oh man oh man oh man....

Man, you know what would be even better than this? A huge free-roam totally customizable etc. etc. etc. game like we always talk about here.... only instead of just being Superman, you create your own superhero character.

You'd be the city's only superhero. You design your own costume, pick your powers, and have at it. They could do a huge, branching, Mass-Effect-like storyline and set of characters to interact with however your character wants, and best of all, DC, Marvel and whoever else could capitalize on this by getting online and selling gamers downloadable character models to play as, Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, whoever you want.

Oh man oh man oh man....

Eh... It sounds like what they were trying to do with the Champions game, and I've never found that to be a particularly thrilling idea. I mean, it's cool in its own right. But when I play a Superman game, I want it to feel like I'm playing Superman. or Batman. or the X-Men. or Spider-Man. or any license, really. not just superheroes I want the mechanics and the art direction and the tempo to be uniquely molded to capitalize on what makes that particular character unique.

The game you've laid out could be loads of fun in its own right, but I feel like adding content from the different companies would really just amount to pasting on new skins.

Last edited:
Eh... It sounds like what they were trying to do with the Champions game, and I've never found that to be a particularly thrilling idea. I mean, it's cool in its own right. But when I play a Superman game, I want it to feel like I'm playing Superman. or Batman. or the X-Men. or Spider-Man. or any license, really. not just superheroes I want the mechanics and the art direction and the tempo to be uniquely molded to capitalize on what makes that particular character unique.

The game you've laid out could be loads of fun in its own right, but I feel like adding content from the different companies would really just amount to pasting on new skins.

Yeah, I suppose the two concepts ought to be seperate.

Exactly.

The game is automatically flawed because it has the potential to be an excellent gaming experience with one character and a terrible, unplayable experience with others. It would require decades of programming and memory before something like this could be any good.

For now, I think they should stick with molding games around ONE particular character before they start branching out into GOD-games like this.

Gothamite said:
The game is automatically flawed because it has the potential to be an excellent gaming experience with one character and a terrible, unplayable experience with others. It would require decades of programming and memory before something like this could be any good.

I gotta disagree. I think the potential for a good DC Universe or Marvel Universe MMO is there, but it needs to find a unique way of incorporating user-created content. :D I could make it happen.

We should start a new round of this. I nominate Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

We should start a new round of this. I nominate Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Nah, I think a good TMNT is too much of a no-brainer to warrant a thread. Basically a standard ninja beat em' up with gratuitous violence (that's the only thing that most TMNT games lack).

In other news, I watched the original Turtles movie today with my brother. Classic flick.

Nah, I think a good TMNT is too much of a no-brainer to warrant a thread. Basically a standard ninja beat em' up with gratuitous violence (that's the only thing that most TMNT games lack).

In other news, I watched the original Turtles movie today with my brother. Classic flick.

I don't know. My favorite Ninja Turtles game was the original NES game that was a mix of top-down driving and side scrolling action. Does anyone remember that? It was awesome.

I don't know. My favorite Ninja Turtles game was the original NES game that was a mix of top-down driving and side scrolling action. Does anyone remember that? It was awesome.

THIS
one?!

Can't say I'm too interested in checking that one out. My favourite Turtles game is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist for Genesis. I also like the recent movie game. We had it, until my brother traded it in. :evil:

THIS
one?!

Can't say I'm too interested in checking that one out. My favourite Turtles game is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist for Genesis. I also like the recent movie game. We had it, until my brother traded it in. :evil:

Yeah. That's the one. It was great when I was a kid, but you might not enjoy it if you didn't grow up with it.

I have a *****in' idea for a Wonder Woman game (of all things) too.

I only caught about 15 seconds of that video, but that dude's the nerdiest nerd in the history of nerdland. Drinking a Rolling Rock doesn't make you look less nerdy dude.... It just makes me feel sad for Rolling Rock.

Last edited:
I only caught about 15 seconds of that video, but that dude's the nerdiest nerd in the history of nerdland. Drinking a Rolling Rock doesn't make you look less nerdy dude.... It just makes me feel sad for Rolling Rock.

Um...that's the point. It's an act. Tell me you didn't miss the Angry Nerd craze.

I love the earlier videos he did (like the review for that Turtles game) because you can tell that although it's largely just an act, a lot of it draws from actual feelings he has for the game. You can really see the anger seething out of him when he says "Cowa-****in' piece of dog-****!"

Last edited:
Um...that's the point. It's an act. Tell me you didn't miss the Angry Nerd craze.

There was a craze? I must have missed it.

Gothamite said:
I love the earlier videos he did (like the review for that Turtles game) because you can tell that although it's largely just an act, a lot of it draws from actual feelings he has for the game. You can really see the anger seething out of him when he says "Cowa-****in' piece of dog-****!"

I'll pass on watching the whole thing.

I'll pass on watching the whole thing.

If you're a Turtles fan, please watch this and this. It's actually really entertaining as a sort of retrospective review on the Turtles craze overall.

Anyway...back to Superman. In the ultimate Superman game, there should be different costumes. Discuss.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back