Genosha

The Overlord

Now that Genosha has been introduced in the Ultimate X-Men Universe, what kind of role should it play in future stories?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I like the good Doctor's idea. Longshot takes Magneto there and he starts a big uprising for the mutants and makes it a dominate mutant nation.
I second that. It's a great idea and it can be worked as a great story arc. Props to the good doctor.

Hehe, it seems now DSF nickname is "The Good Doctor". That should totally be his subnic. :D

Ultimate Magneto Rex?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I like the good Doctor's idea. Longshot takes Magneto there and he starts a big uprising for the mutants and makes it a dominate mutant nation.
Definitely an interesting potential story idea: consistent with established X-Men history, but also with a unique twist. And one that would surely have MASSIVE ramifications for the entire Ultimate Universe. (I certainly think that a mutant-run Genosha would immediately be targeted by SHIELD as a 'rogue state', far more than Van Damme's little zombie hippie commune.)

But part of me also thinks 'too much, too soon'... :?

compound said:
Definitely an interesting potential story idea: consistent with established X-Men history, but also with a unique twist. And one that would surely have MASSIVE ramifications for the entire Ultimate Universe. (I certainly think that a mutant-run Genosha would immediately be targeted by SHIELD as a 'rogue state', far more than Van Damme's little zombie hippie commune.)

But part of me also thinks 'too much, too soon'... :?

But that's the beauty of it...

A revolution doesn't happen overnight, first you need to build underground support and then slowly work yourself up to a point where you can overcome a government and have enough support to stay in charge.

If they took over Genosha tomorrow, it would be hell, because Genosha is still a human-dominated society, where it's legal to hunt mutants on television shows... The humans inside would call for backup and the US would be perfectly welcomed into the country.

This needs to take time... So how about Arthur Centino goes back to Genosha with Dazzler to hook up with his brother, Shatterstar (who was another Mojoverse artificial human in 616, with Identical DNA to Longshot), to start the mutant uprising, while Magneto begins to rebuild the Brotherhood in preparation for the take-over.

It would be well over a years worth of comics for this to happen, but if done correctly, It would be great.

Dr.Strangefate said:
But that's the beauty of it...

A revolution doesn't happen overnight, first you need to build underground support and then slowly work yourself up to a point where you can overcome a government and have enough support to stay in charge.

If they took over Genosha tomorrow, it would be hell, because Genosha is still a human-dominated society, where it's legal to hunt mutants on television shows... The humans inside would call for backup and the US would be perfectly welcomed into the country.

This needs to take time... So how about Arthur Centino goes back to Genosha with Dazzler to hook up with his brother, Shatterstar (who was another Mojoverse artificial human in 616, with Identical DNA to Longshot), to start the mutant uprising, while Magneto begins to rebuild the Brotherhood in preparation for the take-over.

It would be well over a years worth of comics for this to happen, but if done correctly, It would be great.

Doc, are you Vaughan's love-child or something? Your ideas are awesome! You should write some Ultimate comics, I don't think I've read an Ultimate related idea yet from you that didn't work incredibly well.

DIrishB said:
Doc, are you Vaughan's love-child or something? Your ideas are awesome! You should write some Ultimate comics, I don't think I've read an Ultimate related idea yet from you that didn't work incredibly well.

:oops: hehe

I guess I must just be magical!

DIrishB said:
Hawkeye101 can tell you all about magic.

HEY! Is that A crack, bub? (Just Kidding!)

No I like this idea too. And Once Genosha is the Mutant-based country, and Doom sets up Latveria. I was thinking somekind of showdown. Latveria and Genosha have some kind of despute, and this is where the Ultimate Magneto and Doom story could come in that won the poll I set up. Latveria and Genosha threaten to go to war with each other, and Magneto requests help from the X-Men and Doom asks for the Fantastic Four, the Ultimates are all tied up in the middle, it be a great story.

Hawkeye101 said:
HEY! Is that A crack, bub? (Just Kidding!)

Hey, you were the one trying to explain it in scientific terms.

No I like this idea too. And Once Genosha is the Mutant-based country, and Doom sets up Latveria. I was thinking somekind of showdown. Latveria and Genosha have some kind of despute, and this is where the Ultimate Magneto and Doom story could come in that won the poll I set up. Latveria and Genosha threaten to go to war with each other, and Magneto requests help from the X-Men and Doom asks for the Fantastic Four, the Ultimates are all tied up in the middle, it be a great story.

You really think the Ultimate versions of the X-Men and FF would help their arch-enemies? Especially the X-Men, I don't see that happening.

If Latveria gets taken over by Doom, it'll be a long long while before he's on par with Magneto.

As is, couldn't Mr. Lensher just rip Doom in half?

Dr.Strangefate said:
If Latveria gets taken over by Doom, it'll be a long long while before he's on par with Magneto.

As is, couldn't Mr. Lensher just rip Doom in half?

That is what is assumed. But others have countered Doom would foresee this and plan for it, using some type of device to jam Magneto's powers somehow.

DIrishB said:
Hey, you were the one trying to explain it in scientific terms.

You really think the Ultimate versions of the X-Men and FF would help their arch-enemies? Especially the X-Men, I don't see that happening.

Okay, okay how aboput this? The X-Men Help Doom, and the Fantastic Four help Magneto? That would be even better. Since Reed would already think Magneto was cool since he met him in 616 (617) and ould assume that Ultimate Magneto would be the same.

Hawkeye101 said:
Okay, okay how aboput this? The X-Men Help Doom, and the Fantastic Four help Magneto? That would be even better. Since Reed would already think Magneto was cool since he met him in 616 (617) and ould assume that Ultimate Magneto would be the same.

Thats not a bad bit of reasoning. I could see Reed being more sympathetic to Mags due to the zombie experience, but then again Reed knows all about his reality's Magneto through the news, etc, and knows he's not a nice guy by any means.

Except for that one little eensy weensy teensy detail that both the X-Men and the Fantastic Four are aspects of SHIELD, in other words, the United States of America. In no situation would America team up on both sides against itself, and there's no way that Xavier would decide to work with Doom...

I mean... Okay, it could happen, but the US government woudl be pretty f-ing pissed off...

And as for Magneto and the F4? Magneto got pissed off at Animal Evolutionaries, he's not going to snuggle up with just any super-powered human beings he walks into...

DIrishB said:
Thats not a bad bit of reasoning. I could see Reed being more sympathetic to Mags due to the zombie experience, but then again Reed knows all about his reality's Magneto through the news, etc, and knows he's not a nice guy by any means.

Yeah well he probably figures that there was some continuity between him and 616 Reed, so he must think that deep down inside Ult. Mags got the same heart. As to why the UXM help Doom, i dunno, maybe because Doom hasn't caused a terrorist act yet and The X-Men figure he's okay since he's up against Magneto.

And the cool twist will be the Ultimates, especially SW and QS.

No it wouldnt be, because the US Army wouldn't interfere with a foreign war that simply weakens one enemy or the other...

Keep in mind that Reed Richards is the smartest man in the Ultimate Universe at this point... He's not going to fall through.

And the X-Men aren't going to work with Doom because the US would say no.

The plausible idea would be having the X-Men attack Magneto while his army fight's Doom's... There wouldn't be coordination between the two.

Dr.Strangefate said:
No it wouldnt be, because the US Army wouldn't interfere with a foreign war that simply weakens one enemy or the other...

Keep in mind that Reed Richards is the smartest man in the Ultimate Universe at this point... He's not going to fall through.

The plausible idea would be having the X-Men attack Magneto while his army fight's Doom's... There wouldn't be coordination between the two.

Awww, man, why do you have to go and knock out my feelin'? I was just an idea, anyway. I mean I'd still like to see Magneto with Genosha and Doom with Latveria go head to head.

Hawkeye101 said:
Yeah well he probably figures that there was some continuity between him and 616 Reed, so he must think that deep down inside Ult. Mags got the same heart. As to why the UXM help Doom, i dunno, maybe because Doom hasn't caused a terrorist act yet and The X-Men figure he's okay since he's up against Magneto.

And the cool twist will be the Ultimates, especially SW and QS.

Don't forget the only experience Reed has had with an alternate reality version of himself turned out to be a zombie who was trying to kill him and had tricked him into building the teleporter. Thats not going to translate into a whole lot of trust in terms of alternate versions of his reality's people...or for that matter his reality's version of alternate reality's versions of people...wow my head hurts just thinking about it.

Dr.Strangefate said:

You know Doc, your being right all the time is starting to wear thin. Couldn't you just once **** up and get something wrong? You know, so the rest of us can still think of you as human too?

DIrishB said:
Don't forget the only experience Reed has had with an alternate reality version of himself turned out to be a zombie who was trying to kill him and had tricked him into building the teleporter. Thats not going to translate into a whole lot of trust in terms of alternate versions of his reality's people...or for that matter his reality's version of alternate reality's versions of people...wow my head hurts just thinking about it.

You know Doc, your being right all the time is starting to wear thin. Couldn't you just once **** up and get something wrong? You know, so the rest of us can still think of you as human too?

Just once? So Doom and the X-Men can go head to head and toe to toe with Magneto and the Fantastic 4?

Latest posts

Back