Geoff Johns at Marvel?

What do you want Geoff Johns to do?

• I want him to write for Image/Dark Horse/whatever

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
No, he's not writing for Marvel... yet. From the latest LiTG: I understand that Marvel have been playing wargames on how to persuade Geoff Johns to jump ship at the end of his contract (over a year away) and what to do with him when they get him, so expect to see DC Comics fight back pre-emptively…

DC would be fools to let him go. He is their best writer. He brings an enthusiasm to these characters that hardly anyone does and I think he's the master of mixing the silver age with the modern. But... if Marvel do manage to get him, what comics would you like to see him on?

I know he's done The Avengers before and I don't think many people liked it. I wouldn't mind seeing him do a Spider-Man comic, but with this current Brand New Day team situation thing, I don't see that happening, unless he became one of the rotating writers. Maybe Fantastic Four when Millar leaves? I know he's mentioned he'd like to write them and the Hulk too.

I would rather he stay at DC though. He is pretty much the main reason why I read DC Comics. Marvel have some great creative teams... I'm pretty sure Johns will stay at DC, especially since he can do what he wants.

What do you think?

There should be an option that says he should write for both companies.

But if it's one over the other, I'd go with DC.

There should be an option that says he should write for both companies.

But if it's one over the other, I'd go with DC.

I was going to add that, but it seems as he's a big writer, he'd be signed as an exclusive and wouldn't be able to write characters at both companies.

Stupid exclusivity. We would have so many better comics if writers were allowed to write at both Marvel and DC at the same time.

I think the nature of the DC characters fits Johns' style better than Marvel's stuff. But it would be wicked to see him on Hulk or Doctor Strange or Runaways. Black Panther, even.

Last edited:
I think the nature of the DC characters fits Johns' style better than Marvel's stuff.

I agree, him like Alex Ross, just seems to fit like a glove at D.C, while they don't seem to mesh with marvel.

IIRC Johns run on Avengers, was pretty mediocrily accepted by fans

Earth X and Marvels were both great.

I thought his avengers run was good, and he had some nice sacrlet witch/ vision romance stuff going on. I never saw them as order and chaos before. I'd love to read his vision.

Plus we all remember that antman scene....

I'd like him to stay at DC but I wouldn't mind him at marvel if he became the new bendis and started up a new 'era' after all this secret invasion malarky.

I want him write for Marvel again. Although it would be cool if he could write for both Marvel and DC.

Last edited:
I'd like to see him work with Marvel's cosmic characters. Nor-vhar in particular, would be an awesome storyline and maybe something with Nova, although I'm still enjoying Nova right now.

Geoff Johns must never leave Green Lantern and JSA! And he should be back on the Flash and JLA right now.

I do like the way Johns revamps a lot of B-list villains in DCU (like most of Flash's rogues) so I'm wondering if he could do the same at Marvel?

However his avengers run seemed pretty sub par (Red Skull managing to become Defense Sec was pretty goofy).

I do like the way Johns revamps a lot of B-list villains in DCU (like most of Flash's rogues) so I'm wondering if he could do the same at Marvel?

However his avengers run seemed pretty sub par (Red Skull managing to become Defense Sec was pretty goofy).

I think I heard Busiek was pretty hard to follow, tho I haven't read that run. was it good? What's par for avengers? I preferred johns' coupla arcs to most of new/mighty avengers.

Also yeah I bet he could do something with a lot of spiderman's villains, or even captain americas or daredevils....also he could probably do some good spacey stuff (like with green lantern) but with silver surfer, and that'd be a good move to do to promote the film, I'm sure lots of poeple who read that.

I think he would be good on deadpool as well, like he is with booster gold.

Latest posts

Back