Get your first look at New Doctor Strange Cartoon.

the watcher

Doctor Strange, the fourth direct-to-video animated movie from Lionsgate and Marvel Studios, will be previewed in Ultimate Avengers 2, in stores on August 8.

The two-minute, 42-second preview includes designs and animation clips, along with comments from writer Greg Johnson, producer/supervising director Frank Paur and executive producers Eric S. Rollman and Craig Kyle.

Like its predecessor Iron Man, Doctor Strange will be an origin story.

"It's about the journey," Johnson said. "He had to actually go from the pit of despair up a mountain to the feet of the Ancient One in order to really find out what his destiny was. It's that journey that changes the man."

doctorstrange0.jpg

doctorstrange1.jpg

doctorstrange2.jpg

doctorstrange3.jpg

doctorstrange5.jpg

doctorstrange7th.jpg

doctorstrange4.jpg

doctorstrange6.jpg

doctorstrange8.jpg

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0608/01/index.htm

I'm loving the animation on this one the best. The last shot is a sweet one.

Any word when this one comes out? Before, they said they were targeting February 2007, but it wasn't final.

Ice said:
I'm loving the animation on this one the best. The last shot is a sweet one.

Any word when this one comes out? Before, they said they were targeting February 2007, but it wasn't final.

The only thing I'm hearing is a brief look on the Ultimate Avengers 2 dvd.

You know I usually hate direct to video movies, but these animated comic ones are very interesting.

Looks better then UA2 and IM put together....

The animation looks great. And his costume looks way better than it ever has in the comics.

Planet-man said:
I'm getting very tired of all these animators making our American superheroes so blantantly Asian-looking.

Dude, whats your problem with the Asians? :sure:

Last edited:
Planet-man said:
The fact that Caucasian, American characters are being drawn to look like them.

It'd be the same if Luke Cage got a new cartoon and he looked like a white guy.
Sounds like you're comparing how someone is drawn to how someone would look like (when colored). I know what you mean, just the way you have it phrased sounds different.

Last edited:
Ice said:
Sounds like you're comparing how someone is drawn to how someone would look like (when colored). I know what you mean, just the way you have it phrased sounds different.

It can be hard to phrase without sounding confusing, or worse, racist, but all I'm talking about is race, whether it be distinguished by skin colour or facial features. I used the bluntest example I could to prove my point.

To anyone who is confused about what I mean, all I'm saying is that giving a white character blatantly oriental-looking eyes is just as wrong as giving a black character white skin.

Planet-man said:
It can be hard to phrase without sounding confusing, or worse, racist, but all I'm talking about is race, whether it be distinguished by skin colour or facial features. I used the bluntest example I could to prove my point.

To anyone who is confused about what I mean, all I'm saying is that giving a white character blatantly oriental-looking eyes is just as wrong as giving a black character white skin.

Unless he's albino

I find it funny that the new Dr.Strange thread was created by the same person who made the original thread.

In other on-topic news...I still don't care about this. It's widely known that Marvel animation projects suck and should be banished to the 7th level of Blockbuster hell.

This looks awful. I saw the trailer and now have decided to absolutely NEVER see this movie.

How come when previous thread was deleted the posts were not moved to here?

It was like three posts which was mostly DSF saying this looks terrible.

yes but two important ones with watcher posting trailer and me posting videos and preview.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back