Ghost Rider movie discussion (spoilers!)

People wanted Crank 3D and they got a Ghost Rider sequel instead.

I'm more upset The Losers wasn't any good.

Idris Elba as Roque should have been badass.

Well sufficed to say it would nice if Idris Elba had better movie roles in general, considering his impressive TV career.

People wanted Crank 3D and they got a Ghost Rider sequel instead.

Well here's an interesting question, could they make a good movie about Ghost Rider? Is there something about the premise that is getting in the way of making a good movie or are the film makers being lazy with this property for some reason? Is there anything that could learned from the first two movies, mistakes to avoid if they ever make a third Ghost Rider movie?

Last edited:
Do people who post on RT do anything BUT rip on films? Seriously, I'll be going to see this. I don't expect it to be awesome, but I expect it to be mindless fun. I love GR character and while I admit some of his comics have been...less than brilliant, he has had some really good stuff in there too. A Good Ghost Rider film IS possible. This may not be it, but I'll be seeing it anyway.

Every critic site has a bias. Once you get what it is, the ratings make sense. Rotten Tomatoes is usually pretty accurate due to its consensus, but because it's a consensus films that only appeal to small audiences suffer if they're given a bigger, mainstream release.

The Overlord said:
Well sufficed to say it would nice if Idris Elba had better movie roles in general, considering his impressive TV career.

?

Then you haven't seen all his films, he has had several excellent ones.

Well here's an interesting question, could they make a good movie about Ghost Rider? Is there something about the premise that is getting in the way of making a good movie or are the film makers being lazy with this property for some reason? Is there anything that could learned from the first two movies, mistakes to avoid if they ever make a third Ghost Rider movie?

I haven't seen this one, but I feel like the problem is Marvel/Colombia pictures know GR is never going to make as much money as Spider-Man, the X-Men, or the Avengers, so they're not putting too much money or effort into it. They're okay with it being a mediocre mindless action movie, so they let the guys who directed Crank take the helm and let Nicolas Cage play their lead man.

Just my take on it.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance is on Netflix now and I tried to watch it. I didn't get even half way through. It was bad. The animated explanitory narratives and the scenes where Nick Cage is trying to fight back Ghost Rider from taking over were just terrible.

I watched the first movie years ago, and it wasn't good, but it was at least watchable. Spirit of Vengeance took the franchise to a whole new level of dumb.

Last edited:
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance is on Netflix now and I tried to watch it. I didn't get even half way through. It was bad. The animated explanitory narratives and the scenes where Nick Cage is trying to fight back Ghost Rider from taking over were just terrible.

I watched the first movie years ago, and it wasn't good, but it was at least watchable. Spirit of Vengeance took the franchise to a whole new level of dumb.

I lover that movie so much. THEEEEE RRRRIIIIDDDDEEEERRRR IS SCRATCHINNNGGGG AT THE DDOOOOOOORRRR!!!! Giving it to the Crank guys was genius and when he hellifies the giant saw

QONVIyz.gif

Latest posts

Back