Ghost Rider Ongoing (Discussion w/ Spoilers)

the watcher

GhostRidr1.jpg
Ghost Rider #1

Marvel will shortly launch a Ghost Rider ongoing series, by Daniel Way, Javier Salteres, and Mark Texeira, which will pick up after the Garth Ennis mini-series.
Alonso said that one of the first mysteries the series will address is what Johnny Blaze is doing in hell - "Someone killed him," Alonso said, adding that finding out who will be one of Ghost Rider's first stories.

Re: Ghost Rider Ongoing

Meh. I'll probably check out the first issue. The mini that just wrapped up was incredibly underwhelming and disappointing, so I can't get too excited about this.

That's awsome now that means I'll get the mini that just came out (Road to damnation):D . They also announced a new Doctor Strange mini (Hell Yeah) :D and then there is the moon knight ongoing. Now all marvel needs to do is bring back Adam Warlock and i'll be a set

100th post YEAH!!!!

Last edited:

IGN Comics has posted a preview to the upcoming Ghost Rider#1.........and with pics!!!! :D

Ghost Rider #1

IGN Comics said:
June 20, 2006 -
Ghost Rider #1
32 full color pages
Written by: Daniel Way
Art by: Mark Texeira & Javier Saltares
Release Date: July 12, 2006
Price: $2.99

The Spirit of Vengeance returns in Ghost Rider #1 as ol' Flamehead finds himself the star of his own ongoing series once again. The original Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze, is back and he's dispensing fiery vengeance in his wake.

Johnny Blaze made a deal with the devil, and to no surprise, he got shafted. Now finding himself trapped in Hell, Johnny just may have found a way out. But what more will he have to sacrifice in order to escape eternal hellfire?

By Wolverine: Origins writer Daniel Way and the team behind the launch of Ghost Rider's last ongoing series, Mark Texeira and Javier Saltares, Ghost Rider is sure to be the unholy hit of the summer.

Way, Texeira, and Saltares are also behind the recent and successful "Origins and Endings" in the pages of Wolverine and now this creative team is looking to bring Johnny Blaze back to his former glory as the demonic deliverer of vengeance.

The supernatural superhero rides again in Ghost Rider #1 so be sure to get your copy quick because this issue is guaranteed to be hotter than H-E-Double Hockey Sticks!

I don't know......I wanna like Ghost Rider....but I can just never get into the character. I had hopes with Ennis's mini....but you guys put the kabosh on that.

I'll probably check it out when its released. At least the art looks good.

Victor Von Doom said:
IGN Comics has posted a preview to the upcoming Ghost Rider#1.........and with pics!!!! :D

Ghost Rider #1

I don't know......I wanna like Ghost Rider....but I can just never get into the character. I had hopes with Ennis's mini....but you guys put the kabosh on that.

I'll probably check it out when its released. At least the art looks good.

You should still get the mini. I think you will enjoy it.

thee great one said:
You should still get the mini. I think you will enjoy it.

I probably will. I love Ennis's work.....so I'm sure I'll probably enjoy this as well. I'll tradewait it and check it out at the bookstore.

Victor Von Doom said:
I probably will. I love Ennis's work.....so I'm sure I'll probably enjoy this as well. I'll tradewait it and check it out at the bookstore.

The trade is out or is almost out. I think.

Yeah...so #1 was completely underwhelming. I don't think that I'll be following this.

I wanted to like it........I wanted to like the character..........but I just can't.

Well, if any of you had heard there was a big revelation coming in #18, and if you care, it was revealed that...

Ghost Rider is actually an angel.

Well, if any of you had heard there was a big revelation coming in #18, and if you care, it was revealed that...

Ghost Rider is actually an angel.

and i'm still flaburgasted, it makes no sense it flies in the face of all that Zarathos non-sense

and i'm still flaburgasted, it makes no sense it flies in the face of all that Zarathos non-sense

Yeah, I'm not up on all my previous GR mythology, but i still had the sense that this is really contradictory.

Zarathos being an Angel... or rather "The Fire that rains down from Heaven" or "God's Wrath" makes alot more sense when you think about the character.

And I think Daniel Way so far has been doing a good job of bringing Ghost Rider back to his 70's roots while not completely ignoring the Clone Saga wanna-be that was the 90's series... yeah, after all the convoluted twists and turns: Danny Ketch is Johnny Blaze's brother and both Noble Kale and Vengeance are fragments of Zarathos. Shocked?

I'm just waiting to find out what happened to Noble Kale and Vengeance. The last thing that I know about them is Vengeance is mysteriously absent and Noble Kale gives up his crown in Hell just to piss off Mephisto when he returns. Then later in Hammer Lane, we find out that Zarathos (thought "dead") was reconstituting himself within Johnny Blaze since the two of them are bonded. Does this mean that Zarathos has recombined with Noble Kale and Vengeance?

Last edited:

So they bought Danny Ketch back.

I don't know what it means.

But I do love Jason Aaron's arc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back