God of War 3 discussion

Took me long enough (roughly 12 hours total) but I beat this game. Thought it was immaculate. I thought the boss battle between Kratos and Poseidon was worth my 60 bones alone and he was only the first of a slew of great bosses.

Just beat it, and my thoughts.

Pretty game. A very very pretty game, I'll give it that. The boss fights were amazing, though an addition of a health bar for the bosses, or at least some sort of knowledge on how much damage the bosses were taking would have helped out alittle.

Now, things I hate.

This game suffered from some sequences that make me wonder why they hell they were added into the game in the first place. The flying sequences suck. Period. I hate segments of game that take you out of the action, and those were one of them.

The "timed" puzzles were annoying. Perspective changes along with no clear idea of what one was suppose to do, very annoying. Several times I had to stop playing and walk away cause of these damn puzzles.

Lastly, storywise, what the hell happened to all the titans walking along the mountain? It would have been cool to see the Gods take them down, but all we got to see was Gaia, the fire dude, and Chronos, who was walking around Tartarus. We didn't even get to kill the fire dude, just stabbed him in the eye. I imagined the fight scene with Hermes would have been made ten times cooler if we got to also fight a Titan during it.

But pretty game, suffered puzzle wise since it took you out of the action entirely. Like Halo 3 with damn Cortana and Flood dude talking to you taking over your screen.

I just finished getting all the trophies today on it. I can't believe how easy the challange of olympus was compared to the challanges from the previous games. Yeah, there's was like more than 3 titans at the end of GoW2. Maybe Zeus was fighting them the entire time after he blasted Gaia and Kratos of the mountain?

I wanted to fight Typhon so bad (blue electric Titan), and we should have killed Perses outright instead of just poking his eye-out.

At least I think thats what those two's names were. Don't know what the one with the jagged rocks all over him was called but he was killed by Poseidon. I think that covers all the ones that were shown climbing the mountain.

Just beat it, and my thoughts.

Pretty game. A very very pretty game, I'll give it that. The boss fights were amazing, though an addition of a health bar for the bosses, or at least some sort of knowledge on how much damage the bosses were taking would have helped out alittle.

Now, things I hate.

This game suffered from some sequences that make me wonder why they hell they were added into the game in the first place. The flying sequences suck. Period. I hate segments of game that take you out of the action, and those were one of them.

The "timed" puzzles were annoying. Perspective changes along with no clear idea of what one was suppose to do, very annoying. Several times I had to stop playing and walk away cause of these damn puzzles.

Lastly, storywise, what the hell happened to all the titans walking along the mountain? It would have been cool to see the Gods take them down, but all we got to see was Gaia, the fire dude, and Chronos, who was walking around Tartarus. We didn't even get to kill the fire dude, just stabbed him in the eye. I imagined the fight scene with Hermes would have been made ten times cooler if we got to also fight a Titan during it.

But pretty game, suffered puzzle wise since it took you out of the action entirely. Like Halo 3 with damn Cortana and Flood dude talking to you taking over your screen.

Hades killed one and alot of them were killed by posiedon, he pretty much killed most of them at the start(Guess there's a reason they lost the great war). As for the puzzles, that's half the point of the GoW games.

Anyway, they said that there were originally more Titan fights, but it had to be cut. They might release it in a free DLC though.

Last edited:
Also

I fully expected a bad-ass boss battle with Kratos's actual brother that was discarded for being too scrawny/sickly as per Spartan law, who had to grow up in hell resenting his brother for letting him die.

Kratos%27s_Brother.jpg

^^ Kratos's Brother

Last edited:
Also

I fully expected a bad-ass boss battle with Kratos's actual brother that was discarded for being too scrawny/sickly as per Spartan law, who had to grow up in hell resenting his brother for letting him die.

Kratos%27s_Brother.jpg

^^ Kratos's Brother

Yeah, but remember they didn't use any of those videos. One of them had Kratos mother telling him Zeus was his father, but he ended up learning that from Athena.Then there was the Chronos story where it said he died on earth, but that also didn't happen.

Latest posts

Back