Grand Theft Athens

Frapalino

In book one Storm's in jail for some car thievery she's in Athens, Texas. Athens is practically my home town. I just thought it was pretty crazy because it is such a small town. It gave me a good laugh and even all my noncomic reading friends thought it pretty cool.

Yeah, that's pretty awesome... When Vulture mentioned Delaware, I was pretty blown away, too. I lived there for a while until moving to Philly and I thought it was cool that someone (Millar) knew that it existed. ;)

Goodwill said:
Yeah, that's pretty awesome... When Vulture mentioned Delaware, I was pretty blown away, too. I lived there for a while until moving to Philly and I thought it was cool that someone (Millar) knew that it existed. ;)
I got a kick out of 100 Bullets when Lono and Graves meet up oin Pittsburgh. It looks just like that too.

I remember somebody here once claimed that Storm mentioned that she lived (or grew up?) in the Philippines -- during the "World Tour" arc, I believe. For the life of me, I can't find any reference to it. Seeing as it's my home-country (and where I still live), I was hoping somebody could provide me with the issue and page number where this 'fact' is stated.

compound said:
I remember somebody here once claimed that Storm mentioned that she lived (or grew up?) in the Philippines -- during the "World Tour" arc, I believe. For the life of me, I can't find any reference to it. Seeing as it's my home-country (and where I still live), I was hoping somebody could provide me with the issue and page number where this 'fact' is stated.
I've never heard of this. It could have happened and I've just missed it but I'v never heard anything about it.

compound said:

I said this... Lookk again in the World Tour arc. When Jean and Ororo are skating through London, Jean mentions something about it.

In an issue at the end of the World Tour arc, the X-Men fought the Acolytes on the Sky Tower in Auckland. I've been in the very spot they were. :D

That's pretty cool. As I'm sure people have also been to the Empire State Building, where the Fenris twins were.

Where are all the Floridian mutants/superhumans? Where are the super powered Orlandoians? I want to know.

Irish_4204 said:
Where are all the Floridian mutants/superhumans? Where are the super powered Orlandoians? I want to know.

You know how Millar feels about Florida when he threatened to take it off the map in Return of the King. ;)

Latest posts

Back