Grant Morrison rebuilds DC universe.

Friday

Over at NEWSARAMA they've announced Grant Morrison's new role in DCU structuring. He'll be working on fresh takes on forgotten characters for the post-crisis world. His approach is going to be similar to his current Seven Soilders minis, with this little tidbit to hopefuly shed some light oin exactly where Seven Soilders is happening continuity wise.

"All the stuff I'm doing is set in the DCU and is partly intended to open up and develop some new or neglected corners of that fictional playground," Morrison said. "The new revamps are intended to link up even more closely with the onrushing juggernaut that is Infinite Crisis and beyond but Seven Soldiers is already tied into events from Crisis and the Superhuman Advanced Defense Executive – an organization which plays a major role post-Crisis will be introduced in Frankenstein #3, for instance."

I for one couldn't be happier. Channeld Morrison is the best kind, instead of the drug induced haze that he seems to write his more indepentdent stuff in.

Is this like when he recreated Animal Man? I've heard that books really good.

ProjectX2 said:
Is this like when he recreated Animal Man? I've heard that books really good.
As have I. Haven;t gotten to read it yet though, too many good books out there. It seems like he's going to do what he's doing with 7S and apply it to all the old characters that deserve a second chance, possibly without the overarcing storyline.

What supprised me the most was the implication that 7S was set in the DCU proper. I'm not against this in any way, it just amazed me that they'd let something like that loose with Crisis as close as it was, Morrison or no.

Sounds good. Might have to take a look at some of this stuff.

I've Read Animal Man, It does a great job of utilizing Animal Man and B'wana Beast.

I definately wouldn't mind him taking another stab at Buddy (AM)...

But I hope he grabs some really great Neglected Characters, Booster Gold needs a serious take, for one...

I'd also really like to see a new Ice, in a Fire and Ice comic... (my -brilliant-** idea is for a gay teenager cousin of Toras from the same icelandic tribe comes... It'd be great to see Guy Guardner to react to some little gay kid donning the Ice costume...)

** see how subtle I can be!?

Dr.Strangefate said:
I've Read Animal Man, It does a great job of utilizing Animal Man and B'wana Beast.

I definately wouldn't mind him taking another stab at Buddy (AM)...

But I hope he grabs some really great Neglected Characters, Booster Gold needs a serious take, for one...

I'd also really like to see a new Ice, in a Fire and Ice comic... (my -brilliant-** idea is for a gay teenager cousin of Toras from the same icelandic tribe comes... It'd be great to see Guy Guardner to react to some little gay kid donning the Ice costume...)

** see how subtle I can be!?
:-|

Moving on. I'd like to see his take on characters that we all know are out there, but haven't seen in forever. Think Metal Men, or a reinvented Marvel Family book with his hand guiding.

We're talking about DC.

Or do you want to see Morrison work on reinventing Marvel stuff instead of DC?

ProjectX2 said:
We're talking about DC.

Or do you want to see Morrison work on reinventing Marvel stuff instead of DC?
Um, I ment the Captain marvel Family (Captain marvel, Mary Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr, or as he likes tob e called, CM3). You know, the SHAZAM people that got thier name stolen by some dirty copyright games.

Ah, I forgot all about them.

This is gonna be great.GM is gonna be great at this.In the main interview he said something about an Atom series among others.

Bass said:
Sounds like Ultimate DC - only very good.
I'll bet Ellis wishes he thought of it first. But he CAN'T! Because he HATES SUPERHEROES! Even though he loves them, but can't admit it! Pretentious sob@!%@#%#^ :crazy:

Of course, two years later they're going to conveniently ignore everything Morrison does. Just like what happened with X-Men! Why? Because John Byrne will do exactly to Morrison's work what Claremont did to him!%!%# :crazy:

ourchair said:
Of course, two years later they're going to conveniently ignore everything Morrison does. Just like what happened with X-Men! Why? Because John Byrne will do exactly to Morrison's work what Claremont did to him!%!%# :crazy:
....you had to kill my buzz, didn't you? I bet you're a hoot at parties too.

Latest posts

Back