Grant Morrison Wrote Watchmen

This is the best part: "Okay, now you're trying to pull me leg. Frank Miller wrote Year One. I'm know my comics."

I like how A) he actually thought he was right and B) defended his position in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Ha. . . he was finally convinced, then they changed the wikipedia entry and it just confused him again!

Last edited:
InDaMix is clearly Gamma Man's similarly afflicted cousin

To Sum it up:
It all started with this...
InDaMix said:
Grant Morrison seems to get more and more fans with each year, but I was wondering if anyone feels like he peaked with Watchmen? Does 7 Soldiers come close to topping it? I'm a huge Watchmen fan, but some of Grant's later stuff has underwhelmed me.

Some people corrected his mistake, and he rebutted:
InDaMix said:
Moore did V for Vendetta and a lot of other good books. Morrison did Watchmen. Their names sound similar so people get confused sometimes. You aren't the first person I heard make that error.

Someone said, "Grant Morrison is nowhere near Alan Moore's level."
InDaMix said:
Unless Alan Moore can someday produce a work on the level of Watchmen, I really doubt that.

Pointed to Wikipedia, he said
InDaMix said:
Hm. Okay, it's possible I might be wrong, but isn't Wikipedia supposed to be full of errors?

Someone scans the back cover of Watchmen in seemingly settling it
InDaMix said:
So I made a small mistake, I still know a lot about comics. Just not the silver age ones.

Someone mentions the obscure 2000AD comic Watchman that Morrison worked breifly on
InDaMix said:
Ahh, so I was right. Morrison was involved somehow. Did Morrison do the original Watchman, then Moore the sequel Watchmen?

And The Punchline
InDaMix said:
Whatever, so I miss some obscure fact, I still know hella lots about comics.

Hehe... My favorite bit out of all the people in that damn thread was:
As the third book in his acclaimed Pirates! Trilogy, Watchmen will never be surpassed, even by the author himself, Grant Morrison.

While I think we all agree that Watchman was a rather clunky start to trilogy--as Morrison attempted to shoehorn a lot of 2000A.D. continuity into a rather pedestrian tale of pirates--it wasnt until the sequel, Watchman II: A Dire Ship Across Dire Seas, where his true vision became apparent. I mean, what a twist--that ending!

And then Morrison had to go and completely top it all in the third installment, Watchmen. While the (A) plot is a somewhat obvious tale of retired superheroes and sci-fi monsters, Morrison cleverly weaved the true story--a pirate story--into the plot in a series of pirate-comics read by one of the characters. And just when we thought he couldn't top his twist in part II, it turns out that there never were any pirates at all in any of the stories. The pirates are really us, the readers, all along. Morrison's trilogy is actually a cautionary tale of illegally downloading comics off the inter-net. We are the pirates. Who pirates the Pirates, indeed?

Last edited:
See Proj - you ban Gamma Man and he just goes and starts posting on other boards.

Jesus tapdancing Christ, are there people really THAT misinformed??? We ALL know Morrison wrote Kingdom Come, Marvels and is currently writing Justice.

:lol:

Jesus tapdancing Christ, are there people really THAT misinformed??? We ALL know Morrison wrote Kingdom Come, Marvels and is currently writing Justice.

What's happening is, Morrison is so awesome that history is retroactively rewriting itself to put him in positions of prominence fitting of his awesomeness. You can actually see his name on the Declaration of Independence. Also, he invented the wheel.

Stephen Hawkings has talked about this phenomenon before.

What's happening is, Morrison is so awesome that history is retroactively rewriting itself to put him in positions of prominence fitting of his awesomeness. You can actually see his name on the Declaration of Independence. Also, he invented the wheel.

Stephen Hawkings has talked about this phenomenon before.
My choice for POTD.

Jesus Christ, read some of the guys other posts. He's trying to sleep with this indie chick so he has to pretend that he's read Sandman. She told him that she loved Portrait of An Artist As A Young Man so he read it. His opinion?

i read portrait of the artist as a young man, the whole thing. pretty easy book, some wimpy kid spends the whole book talking about how much he's changing, bangs a prostitute or two, thinks about religion announces he's changed then leaves. not so bad. as for sandman, i came up with a good solution, we've been talking through IM and what i do is keep a few sandman website open on the desktop. then i cut and paste from those websites or paraphrase. she's lovin it. i meet with her tonight at the cafe and using comic reader's techniques and the fondation i layed down it should be gravy, baby.

thanks for the help guys

Read cliff notes, more like it.

I refuse, absolutely refuse to believe that this kid is more likely to pick up a James Joyce novel than read The Sandman...

****ing idiot.

Yeah, sure would suck to be honest with someone you're trying to hook up with. It's not so bad lying to someone at the bar just to get in the sack with them, but when you're actively wooing them and getting to know them, that's gonna come down hard on you. What do you do when you meet in person and not only does she realize you don't have any Sandman comics on your bookshelf, don't have the slightest inkling who Merv Pumpkinhead is, and don't even know who wrote Watchmen?

I'd love to see this kid's review of Catcher in the Rye.

"This guy leaves school, pays for a prostitute, goes to a museum and passes out. It was okay."

I also thought it was great that he was endlessly confused when he saw the word "smuggery" in Portrait of An Artist As A Young Man, because he couldn't find it in a dictionary.

Jesus Christ, read some of the guys other posts. He's trying to sleep with this indie chick so he has to pretend that he's read Sandman. She told him that she loved Portrait of An Artist As A Young Man so he read it. His opinion?

He's so right though. James Joyce is a total hack. Although, it makes sense. After all, there was a 70 year span between when Joyce/Morrison wrote Portrait and Watchmen. That's plenty of time to perfect his game.

Latest posts

Back