Great videogame quotes

Doublehex

I was over at an RPG forum, and someone posted a quote that a character in Planescape: Torment said, and I thought it was a great line.

"*Know* that if you *know* a course of action to be true in your heart, do not betray it because the path leads to hardship. *Know* that without suffering, the Rising would have never been, and the People would never have come to *know* themselves."

So, basically, post awesome, funny, or just interesting quotes you read/saw in videogames you have played.

Two from Disgaea.

Flonne: Laharl, why are you screaming?
Laharl: I, I don't know why... But for some apparent reason, I can't stand women with sexy bodies. On a side note, flat-chested girls like you have absolutely no effect on me.

Jennifer: This is outrageous!! I can't believe such a cute little boy could be the Overlord! This is completely different from the information provided by headquarters! What's going on, Thursday!?
Thursday: BEEP BEEP BLIP BEEP... NOW CALCULATING, NOW CALCULATING... NOW CALCULATING, NOW CALCULATING... CALCULATION COMPLETE.
Jennifer: What's the answer?
Thursday: "HEADQUARTERS IS A BUNCH OF LIARS."

Portal

"Remember that part when I said we were going to kill you? I was kidding, you passed. Have some cake!"

it was something like that. The song at the end, probably one of the best songs in a video game yet.

From Bioshock, the whole "a man chooses, a slave obeys" speech.

And "I like shorts! They're delightfully comfy and easy to wear!"

Nordom: Morte, do you have a meaning, a purpose?
Morte: Does Annah still have clothes on?
Nordom: Affirmative.
Morte: Then the answer is yes.

Oh Planescape: Torment, how I love you so!

From Warcraft III, at the end of the Human campaign. Prince Arthas has arrived home from Northrend and his father greets him, not knowing he has become corrupted by the Lich King.

King Terenas: My Son... wh..what are you doing?

Arthas: Succeeding you...father.

Warcraft III is a strange anomaly. It's Human campaign is one of the finest set of RTS missions ever, and it is also one hell of a narrative.

The rest of the single player game is good, not great. The story just starts to go downhill as we go further into the story.

I enjoyed the majority of the story... especially the Arthas-based plotlines. The best stuff kicks in during the Frozen Thorne as Arthas finally goes all out and becomes the Lich King (and as we find out in World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King..
realizes that his humanity is his only weakness, and cuts his heart from his body, destroying the last remnants of his soul.
)

The cinematic with Archimonde destroying Dalaran is pretty epic and the Thrall/Grom vs Mannoroth as well.

In A.D. 2101
War was beginning.
Captain: What happen ?
Mechanic: Somebody set up us the bomb.
Operator: We get signal.
Captain: What !
Operator: Main screen turn on.
Captain: It's you !!
CATS: How are you gentlemen !!
CATS: All your base are belong to us.
CATS: You are on the way to destruction.
Captain: What you say !!
CATS: You have no chance to survive make your time.
CATS: Ha ha ha ha....
Operator: Captain !! *
Captain: Take off every 'ZIG'!!
Captain: You know what you doing.
Captain: Move 'ZIG'.
Captain: For great justice.

Hey, this isn't the Warcraft narrative discussion! This is the Great Videogame Quotes thread! Back to quoting!

Coaxmetal: Start with a fragment of the enemy. A drop of blood. A crystalised thought. One of their hopes. All of these things tell the way it can die.

Fhjull Forked-Tounge: You know that if everyone was immortal, then this entire petitioner system would be up the famed fecal creek. Immortality is not a trinket to be given to unruly children such as you.

Nordom: I am cube de-cubed.

Nordom: I sleep in a drawer.

Nordom: I think therefore I am. I think.

Nordom: Attention, Fall-from-Grace. I wish to address your body.
Fall-from-Grace: Pardon me?
Nordom: Your body. Your form. Your reason for selecting it. Why?
Fall-from-Grace: Why... I suppose I find it comforting. Besides, I rather like the wings.
Nordom: It would be more practical for you to assume the form of a modron. It is 13.27% more efficient. Give or take +5.2%.
Fall-from-Grace: Why, Nordom, are you trying to court me?
Nordom: It was not my intention to initiate legislation against you.

Ravel: There is no room for '2' in the world of 1's and 0's, no place for 'mayhap' in a house of trues and falses, and no 'green with envy' in a black and white world.

From World of Warcraft:Wrath of the Lich King when the Alliance and the Horde join forces at the Wrath Gate...

Highlord Bolvar: ARTHAS! The blood of your father, of your people, demands JUSTICE! Come forth, coward, and answer for your crimes!
The Lich King: You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave, and the true meaning... of FEAR!

When a man is faced with his own death, he finds the impossible less of a barrier.
-Prince of Persia (Sands of Time)

I am the Architect of my own Destruction.
-Prince of Persia (Ending of Warrior Within, or the beginning of Two Thrones.Can't really tell)

All that is yours is rightfully mine... and mine it will be!
-Dark Prince (Two Thrones)

You mean to kill me then, to cut me down like all your other enemies? Swing that sword Prince! We've seen how well that works.
-Dark Prince again

Blue? That's not my favourite colour.
-Dark Prince again

Prince: [touches water and reverts back from being the Dark Prince] Water seems to fight this corruption... Why didn't you tell me this?
Dark Prince: [chuckles] What? And ruin all the fun?
-Prince and Dark Prince

Farah: I will cover you!
Prince: Please don't; You're liable to hit me.
Prince:*gets hit by an arrow* OUCH!
Farah: Oops, sorry!
-Prince and Farah in Two Thrones.

Prince: Wait Farah!
Farah: How do you know my name?
Prince: Yes...um...I...
Dark Prince: I eagerly await your response.
Prince: I have heard tales of a beautiful...and brave Princess of India. One who has travelled to Babylon to punish an evil Vizier who has caused her...great distress.
(Farah raises her bow, readies an arrow, and aims toward the Prince)
Dark Prince: See? Now she's going kill us.
-Dark Prince with his sense of humour again

Prince: Girl falling down the sky, should have taken that as a sign. Nothing is that easy.
Elika: If you need any consolation, I was glad you were there to land on.
-I am afraid no Dark Prince this time...

[at the last battle with the Alchemist]
Prince: Hey, I'm a legend! I'll live forever anyway!
[the Prince stays silent for a second]
Prince: Wow… that sounded better in my head than out loud.

Fair enough from Prince of Persia I guess...

"Your mother sucks dwarf ****." - The Witcher

"My balls itch." The Witcher

"Huge swords. What about the rest?" - The Witcher

"How *dare* you so ungraciously *demand* candy from me as if it were some divine right, granted to you by the highest of powers!" - Planescape: Torment

"(After hearing Morte read the tattoos on his back) No wonder my back hurts; there's a damn novel written on it." -The Nameless One, from Planescape: Torment

"Fool me once, shame on me... Fool me twice... WATCH IT! I'm HUGE!" -BG1 Minsc

"But to teach, one must be willing to learn." - KotOR 2

Your move fellas. :)

Last edited:
Quoting from KOTOR games you beat me.They were my next idea after PoP :)

The only way you could best me is to...

A) Quote from any Tim Schafer game
B) Quote the "final" quote from Planescape: Torment
C) Quote from Alpha Centauri
D) Nuke me

The choice is yours.

Last edited:
1 "Those guys remind me of my ex-wife... Throw em' a beating and they keep coming back for more!"
2"Gee, I wonder why she's your EX-wife..."
1"That comment was slathered with sarcasm!"

Commentators on Madworld (hell most of what they say is hilarious)

"Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up, master?" - HK-47 - KOTOR

Solid Snake "Mei Ling, Samus took her clothes off!"
Mei Ling "That's just her in her zero suit, Snake."
Solid Snake: "Without that bulky power suit, she's gotten alot more agile. You know, I bet if I took of all this heavy gear, I could catch her"
Mei Ling "Um, yeah, you wish. Even without the Power Suit, all that training she did with the Chozo has made her a super athlete. I don't think a normal human could keep up. Just look at her."
Solid Snake "Her loss."

Smash brothers Brawl.

-She loves me...
(command and conquer : renegade)

-Good morning Mr.President (with the russian accent)
(the soviet premier in C&C Red Alert 2)

-Now you see me, soon you won't
(mirage tank (thing that looks like a tree)-- C&C Red Alert 2)

-Let's make some friends!
(master mind - psychic tank from C&C Red Alert 2)

From Warhammer 40.000 : Dawn of War

-The difference between heresy and treachery is ignorance.
-Success is commemorated; Failure merely remembered.
-Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life.
-Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
-There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.
-Fear denies faith.
-Heresy grows from idleness.
-Prayer cleanses the soul, Pain cleanses the body.
-He who stands with me shall be my brother.
-Sanity is for the weak!

-In an hour of Darkness a blind man is the best guide. In an age of Insanity look to the madman to lead the way.

-The Imperium! How mighty its aspect! How far-reaching its boundaries! As one world dies ten more are brought into the fold. Fear us, for we count the lives of planets, not men!

-One thing you can say for enemies, they make life more interesting.

-Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter.

-You can never have too many enemies. The more you've got, the more likely they are to get in each other's way.

-Knowledge is power. Do not waste it on the masses.

-There can be no bystanders in the battle for survival. Anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush.

-The most dangerous weapon this galaxy has ever produced is faith. All other force is merely a shadow of what that terrible power can achieve.

You accuse me of being a madman. What right have you to judge what is sane and what is not?
I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision.
I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares.
I have smelt the foetid breath that issues from the mouth of hell itself.
I have heard the silent voices that make your spine tingle with dread.
I have entered the realms between worlds where there is no time or place.
I have clashed with creatures the sight of which would sear your soul to the core.
I have bested horrors that chill with a gaze and tempt unreasoning terror.
I have faced death eye to eye and blade to blade.
I have stared into the eyes of insanity and met their all-consuming stare.
I have done all of this for you, for your protection, and the guarantee of a future for mankind.
And yet you accuse me of being a madman, you who have never had your sanity tested so sorely.
What right have you to call me a heretic and a blasphemer, who have not heard the whisper of dark gods in your ear?
You are weak. Vulnerable. Human in your frailty. I am strong and yet still you judge me.
And yet you still judge me for my sins, you who art most sinful to the heart?
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those that prosper truly judge what is sane.
(One of the best monologues I've ever seen in a video game.)

-I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.

-We must be unsleeping in vigilance, swift in judgment, merciless in deed.

-My blade can tear through adamantium as if it were paper, but it is a blunt club compared to the edge of my will.

Beware the enemy without!
Scorn the enemy within!
Fear the enemy beyond!

-Three things matter in marksmanship - location, location, location.

-No Army is big enough to conquer the galaxy. But faith alone can overturn the universe.

-If the road is easy, the destination is worthless.

-Courage is the mastery of fear, not the absence of it.

Wow... that was long...Longer than even I expected...

Latest posts

Back