Green Arrow/Super Max

Green Arrow's not entirely unpopular. He's had his own comic for quite soem time, he's been on cartoons and live action television shows, has toys out, he's more popular than Blade or Elektra were when they got movies.

I don't doubt that he's not popular among the fanboys. I knew exactly who he was and I knew quite a bit about his origins when he appeared on JLU. I'm talking about the guy on the street who only goes to superhero movies for cheap thrills and maybe even a bit of substance. The Blade and Elektra comparisons don't work either, because they were an origin movie and a semi-sequel/origin respectively. In this movie, you're getting a character (who no average filmgoers will have heard about) who has presumably already established himself as a superhero/vigilante, and then before you know it, he's put in a nonsensical plot sans his superhero fixtures.

I think that is the point.

But he's non-powered. What's the point of putting him in a maximum security penitentiary for superhumans, if he doesn't have any powers? His skill with a bow and arrow doesn't count as a superpower, last time I checked.

I'd say its a good thing Hollywood doesn't care about Irish fast food.

Me too.

Last edited:
But he's non-powered. What's the point of putting him in a maximum security penitentiary for superhumans, if he doesn't have any powers? His skill with a bow and arrow doesn't count as a superpower, last time I checked.

Batman has no powers but if he was ever arrested I would put him in a place like that. Only beacuse a maximum security plenipotentiary for super-humans means no risk of them escaping as much as one with normal humans.

I don't doubt that he's not popular among the fanboys. I knew exactly who he was and I knew quite a bit about his origins when he appeared on JLU. I'm talking about the guy on the street who only goes to superhero movies for cheap thrills and maybe even a bit of substance. The Blade and Elektra comparisons don't work either, because they were an origin movie and a semi-sequel/origin respectively. In this movie, you're getting a character (who no average filmgoers will have heard about) who has presumably already established himself as a superhero/vigilante, and then before you know it, he's put in a nonsensical plot sans his superhero fixtures.

So? Nobody knew any more about Dirty Harry, or John McClane or James Bond, or any other action hero before their first movie and none of those were origin stories or semi-sequels. Bond had novels, Green Arrow's had appearances in all those other things. I don't know how you could take that list of Green Arrow appearances and dismiss as things only fanboys watch/know about. That's absurd. More people watch Smallville than read Superman comics.

... or, you know, a young green arrow who isn't keifer sutherland...

Goyer said he's making Green Arrow slightly aged in this movie, and I think Sutherland is perfect for the part. Do you honestly disagree with the casting? He's freakin' perfect. And the success of 24 will make it easy casting.

*doesn't like 24, or Kiefer Sutherland all that much*

There is only room for one Sutherland in my heart, and his name is Donald.

According to Superherohype, Icicle has been confirmed.

Oo, that'd be cool looking. I really hope they go all-out on who the villains are. I'm hoping for Killer Croc, Deadshot, Deathstroke, Dr. Psycho, Catman and Shadow Theif.

I'd say it was just one of those ideas that the studio lost interest in, and didn't bother including in their big revamp when they became DC Entertainment.

I'd say it's a safe bet that this definitely isn't going to happen.

Latest posts

Back