Green Hornet

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Seth Rogen (Knocked Up, The 40-Year-Old Virgin) is finalizing a deal to write, and likely star in, Columbia's big screen adaptation of The Green Hornet.

He will executive produce, along with co-writer and frequent collaborator Evan Goldberg.

Rogen would play Brit Reid, millionaire publisher-turned-masked crime fighter. "The Green Hornet" started as a radio serial before being turned into a comic book, film and TV series by the 1960s. The TV show was notable for the presence of the late Bruce Lee as sidekick Kato, a kung fu expert with a killer car.

The film will be produced by Neal H. Moritz at Columbia, where Rogen's next film is Superbad, which he co-wrote with Goldberg.

Looked for a thread on this but couldn't find it

Uh....is this supposed to be a comedy? Rogen is going to need to lose some weight to become the Green Hornet.

I hope not, I'd rather have something like this

I can't believe that's a fan-film.

If Rogen's playing a fat Britt Reid, then who do you think is playing Kato? Someone Rogen's never worked with before? Hey, if they're making GH into a fat guy, then there's no reason they won't change Kato's ethnicity. Kato could just be a title. If it's a contemporary film, maybe they could make Kato an American kid who's obsessed with anime (a lot of characters in Rogen's movies are geek-types). I'm really not saying they should do any of this, but this is what Hollywood will do. But I can already tell that this movie is going to be bad....:(

Last edited:
I can believe that's a fan-film.

If Rogen's playing a fat Britt Reid, then who do you think is playing Kato? Someone Rogen's never worked with before? Hey, if they're making GH into a fat guy, then there's no reason they won't change Kato's ethnicity. Kato could just be a title. If it's a contemporary film, maybe they could make Kato an American kid who's obsessed with anime (a lot of characters in Rogen's movies are geek-types). I'm really not saying they should do any of this, but this is what Hollywood will do. But I can already tell that this movie is going to be bad....:(
I question your intelligence very much :?

you think "The Godfather is an overrated, romanticized piece of **** and Marlon Brando is a (dead) fat bastard." both are which are wrong

I'm not getting into this in this thread. You wanna duke it out in the movie thread, that's fine with me (Personally though, I think Goodfellas is the superior mob film. Also, Marlon Brando is dead).

Last edited:
Why?....:?
Because of the whole changing Kato thing is a retarded idea and even Hollywood wouldn't do that. Kato is an icon specifically a chinese-american icon and a role that help made Bruce Lee famous. Changing that would be a real crime. I know you said you wouldnt do that but just the fact that you immediately thought of that makes me wonder
you think "The Godfather is an overrated, romanticized piece of **** and Marlon Brando is a (dead) fat bastard." both are which are wrong
Oh like you're one to talk about taste

Because of the whole changing Kato thing is a retarded idea and even Hollywood wouldn't do that. Kato is an icon specifically a chinese-american icon and a role that help made Bruce Lee famous. Changing that would be a real crime. I know you said you wouldnt do that but just the fact that you immediately thought of that makes me wonder

Yeah, but Seth Rogen as GH? I know it hasn't been confirmed, but he's likely to ruin this. Knocked Up and 40YOV were funny, but this, this is far from funny....

Last edited:
Oh like you're one to talk about taste

And you are? :lol:

Actually don't answer that , not getting in to another childish argument with you so nice try

Last edited:
Settle down children.

If Seth Rogen wants to play Green Hornet, let him play Green Hornet. As long as he gets either Stephen Chow or Tony "mother-effin'" Jaa to play Kato, this movie will be watchable.

No, not Jet Li, this is not a movie starring a rapper.

STEPHEN CHOW OR TONY JAA. PERIOD.

Settle down children.

If Seth Rogen wants to play Green Hornet, let him play Green Hornet. As long as he gets either Stephen Chow or Tony "mother-effin'" Jaa to play Kato, this movie will be watchable.

you *******, i was gonna suggest Jaa for kato!!!

Soooooo.... Li Lianji did nothing between 1983 and 2000? I love how people define his career by only 3 movies.

Though, I agree Tony Jaa would be awesome. I was one of the few that want to see, Zhang Ziyi as Kato.

Soooooo.... Li Lianji did nothing between 1983 and 2000? I love how people define his career by only 3 movies.

Though, I agree Tony Jaa would be awesome. I was one of the few that want to see, Zhang Ziyi as Kato.

The only reason I'm anti-Li for this is oversaturation. Chow and Jaa need some face time in American films. I'm a big Tony Jaa fan, that guy is amazing. Ong Bak FTW.

Tony Jaa shouldn't play Kato. He may be this generation's Bruce Lee, but he's Thai. All Asians may look alike, but I want them to stay true to Kato's Chinese/Korean ethnicity (they changed his ethnicity to Korean for the TV show I think). Plus, Stephen Chow is a better fit. He's already experienced in comedy, so he'll work well with Seth Rogen. This will be a Comedy/Action/Mystery film.

Latest posts

Back