Green Lantern by Geoff Johns (New 52)

Re: Green lantern

Green Lantern.......

Is he the guy with the bow and arrow?

Last edited:
Friday said:
Pft. That's Hawkeye. :roll:

We're probably due for some individual titles from the new 52 to get there own threads, aren't we?

Actually hawkeye is marvel. He's thinkin of green arrow.

Re: Green lantern

Actually hawkeye is marvel. He's thinkin of green arrow.
:p
Whos ready for the blue lantern's intense secret being revealed in two issues!?
All I read is Green Lantern, I don't pick up the otehr 3 Lantern books. I used to get them all but I got pretty burnt out on the franchise after Blackest Night/Brightest Day.

21094_180x270.jpg
21215_180x270.jpg
21425_180x270.jpg

Covers for issues 6-8

Last edited:
I was wrong about #6 it rocked. Can't wait to see the guardians kick everyone's a** with white rings then ganthet sinestro and hal make an awesome entrance and save the day

#9 has the origin of the Indigo Tribe. It was co-founded by Abin Sur and created to take on the Guardians.

And in the middle of the book, right as I'm trying to remember if we ever found out what "nok" means, we get a translation.

I thought Issue #9 felt rushed, despite being a lot of exposition without action. It was awfully easy to destroy the Indigo Lantern battery, and doing so seemed like a really frivolous and wasteful thing to do, after all the time and energy everyone spent recruiting members. And after all that build-up for draining "green energy" from Sinestro, it only took, what, four seconds for him to return to fully charged Green Lantern status when the Indigo battery went offline? Where was he keeping his ring? The only one we see in the art before the final panel is the Indigo one. Was it the same ring, and the Indigo Tribe just manage to override it somehow? (I suppose it's distantly possible, since the Tribe can apparently channel all the other Corps' energy....)

I've been enjoying the series up to this point, but this issue was a bit of a speed bump.

#10 - William Hand jumps off a cliff, killing himself, and his black ring returns.

I'm still digging everything having to do with the different colored Lanterns, even though some issues are hit and miss.

I'm a total sucker for Geoff Johns's Green Lantern stories and really liked Green Lantern Annual #1. I'm totally digging the idea of the Third Army and what they are and how they're doing it.

I really dislike the characterization of the Guardians. They are completely acting not themselves, and I think they have been contaminated with something. Who knows what. These new Guardians they introduced, who were wielding the power of white, are probably going to replace the old ones.

I've talked with people at the LCS here and so far you're the only one who thinks the Guardians are not acting like themselves.

Don't the Guardians start acting like pricks and try to replace the Green Lanterns, like, every year or so?

Don't the Guardians start acting like pricks and try to replace the Green Lanterns, like, every year or so?

And to me, it would seem nothing new since the Green Lantern's existence was to replace the Manhunters. Now they're wanting to replace the GLs.

Ultimate Houde said:
I really dislike the characterization of the Guardians. They are completely acting not themselves, and I think they have been contaminated with something. Who knows what. These new Guardians they introduced, who were wielding the power of white, are probably going to replace the old ones.

Actually I totally agree with this. Very out of character. But I'm counting on it being some kind of possession or contamination.

I do like the idea of the "new" guardians replacing them. Or the New Guardians.

Latest posts

Back