Guardians 3000 (Spoilers)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Revealed at the retailer summit at Las Vegas:

The Return Of The Original Guardians Of The Galaxy In September With Guardians 3000

"...in September, Marvel will publish a new Guardians Of The Galaxy title, Guardians 3000, to accompany the Guardians Of The Galaxy and Rocket Raccoon ongoing series, as well as a number of Guardians one shots and mini-series to accompany the release of the new movie."

10303810_10152192851291359_7083870812778509781_n1-600x310.jpg

Re: Guardians 3000 (September)

YES! Oh man! So glad they're getting more spotlight.

Dan Abnett is writing this, and hearing how good he was from people, I have to say I was seriously disappointed with this. Maybe he isn't as good without Lanning?

This was a terrible way to start off a #1 and for new readers like myself to this team and book. The whole thing pretty much felt like a scene that belongs in the middle of a story or something, or if it was continuing on from a previous issue. Characters aren't properly introduced. I was lost just four pages in. The whole thing was a mess. And why is it that any story that takes place in space has to have the characters make up weird words to use? That's annoying. A lot of that was done in the first issue and I felt like I should've had some sort of dictionary to understand what the characters were saying. The art was Joe Mad-ish looking, too. To me, that's not necessarily a bad thing, but something I thought was worth pointing out. Confusing issue.

Will not continue with it.

It's been a while since there was a new Marvel book I tried out and didn't like. Not everyone bats a thousand, but overall Marvel is still doing great with other series.

It was a weird beginning to the book. I had trouble following it.

Basically there was a prequel where they find a girl that Starhawk (some sort of Time Agent character) says is needed.

This one begins with a fight, where a male Starhawk says to run. They do, and doing so gets them killed. Then all of a sudden the girl wakes up and she's going to the same meeting that was just being held. This time though, Starhakw is female (which makes me believe this is an alternate reality. The run of Guardians with Lanning and Abnett featured a Starhawk that kept looking different everytime it travelled through time). The girl knows that running will get them killed and instead tells everyone to stand and fight.

I have a feeling this girl will eventually become Starhawk.

With that said, horrible opening issue. This will not draw in any new readers what so ever, only makes ones, such as myself, happy there's something Guardians out there without Bendis mucking it up. We are enough however to keep this book afloat.

It's just not an interesting team. There's a reason DnA were allowed to reform the team with completely different characters and with a different theme.

Just based on the characters I had no interest in the book; I didn't care about them in the 90s and I don't care about them now.

Latest posts

Back