Guardians of the Galaxy film discussion (SPOILERS)

How would you rate Guardians of the Galaxy?

• Total voters
Fan-made dancing Groot:

[video=youtube;IxxOi9fUNs8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IxxOi9fUNs8[/video]

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=105865

According to Gunn, Star Lord's father won't be J'Son in the sequel, like in the comics.

Now, that could be a complete lie and he's pulling some JJ Abrams blatantly obvious misdirection ("he's not Khan!"), or they're going to do this to connect Quill to a better known Marvel character. Wondering if this may not tie into the recent news of the Inhumans film happening, though not sure that'll work given the statements about Quill's DNA showing signs of his father being a part of an extremely ancient race of aliens.

Some are speculating Eros/Starfox.

Some are speculating Eros/Starfox.

388381-wallpaper_starfox_01_l.png

I can see it. Between him, Rocket, and Howard the Duck, it'll be an anthropomorphic overload. ;)

Real baby Groot had better moves.

And I'm speculating on nothing. The movie will tell me in three years. Or not. I'm not worried.

You're really bad at being a comic book fan.

Last edited:
So I'm listening to James Gunn's commentary track on the Blu-ray, and he pretty much confirms that Quill's father is NOT J'son like in the comics. Gunn also says he knows who the father's gonna be (obviously) and that it'll be revealed in the sequel (as everyone already assumed, but nice to hear a confirmation).

Last edited:
So I'm listening to James Gunn's commentary track on the Blu-ray, and he pretty much confirms that Quill's father is NOT J'son like in the comics. Gunn also says he knows who the father's gonna be (obviously) and that it'll be revealed in the sequel (as everyone already assumed, but nice to hear a confirmation).

It'll be interesting to see who it will be, since it's intentionally different from the source material, which indicates that Gunn has a plan in mind.

So, rewatching this and noticed during the line up scene, Quill's known alias is listed as "Space Lord" instead of "Star Lord" adding on to the fact no one takes his alias seriously. I thought that was funny and was wondering if anyone else noticed it.

So, rewatching this and noticed during the line up scene, Quill's known alias is listed as "Space Lord" instead of "Star Lord" adding on to the fact no one takes his alias seriously. I thought that was funny and was wondering if anyone else noticed it.

I didn't. That's pretty good.

Latest posts

Back