Halloween

Every year I manage to get Holloween and the day after off. And always plan on doing a all-day/all-nighter vegging out watching nothing but Horror/Comic Book movies and Simpsons Halloween Specials party, with a group of my friends. But I always have a hard time deciding what movies to just pop in or to rent, any of you guys got any suggestions???

An American Werewolf In London and Sleepy Hollow are two of the great Halloween movies of all time. Abbot And Costello Meet Frankenstein too if you're into great older stuff.

Between these three you've got iconic depictions of ghosts, zombies, werewolves, vampires and Frankenstein's Monster. Can't go wrong.

And good god, why don't they please just release a really great looking DVD of all the Simpsons Halloween episodes? There was that random one a few years ago that had something like I, II, II, IV, VIII and XI for some reason.... but I want them all, in order, at my fingertips every Halloween. Do yearly releases of 5-episode DVDs or something if you want to.

I'm in the process of making my costume. William Howard Taft stuck in the bathtub. I'm pretty excited about it. Hopefully some Taft Blasting happens.

Taft Blasting in public places always yields good times.

I am going to watch The Strangers as I never seen it and heard good things.

You are looking for ideas, aren't you?

I am going to buy and watch Indiana Jones 4.

I have nothing planned for Halloween yet.

However, at my school, they had the elementary kids make pumpkins and put them on display.

I saw one Hannah Montana, five Batmen, six election related ones, and a pumpkin wrapped in tin foil that was supposed to be Wall-E's evil twin but looked more like a Dalek.

Huh? I thought you were making a joke because it's Halloween and people usually watch horrifying movies at this time. If you renting it is unrelated to Halloween and you do like it, have fun.

No one knows what Halloween is outside of the Americas.

Watched X-Files: The Movie on Monday, tonight I watched the original '78 Halloween, tomorrow I'm going to watch Nightmare on Elm Street, then Friday the 13th, then wrap it up with a double-feature of The Exorcist and Nightmare Before Christmas on Friday.

Woo! I'm so awesome.

Haven't had time to watch this, but I thought you'd all dig it. A Halloween treat, with no trick. :D

Stan Lee Reads Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven"

For Halloween this year, I've seen
Quarantine- awesome
The Ruins- Not bad
The Howling- AWESOME
Black Sheep- AWESOME
The Orphanage- Best quality horror i've seen in a while. Excellent ghost story, with no gore.
Fido- cute and fun.
Feast 2- kickass.

My girlfriend and I are going to a party tomorrow night. If we can throw together the little boxes with dials, we're gonna go as undecided Ohio voters from the debates on CNN.

Last edited:
The Howling is ****. Werewolf ****.

It's no Citizen Kane, I know. Perhaps there's a little nostalgia playing into it. But I love the cheesy practical (non-cg) effects and the whole 80's-ness of it. And I didn't know him then, but the serial killer dude that starts the whole thing off is Robert Picardo!

Latest posts

Back