Halo

E

Excelsior Club
So...I bought Halo the other day (I have an XBox 360 but never owned an XBox or played Halo on it). I finally played it for the first time today.

It's pretty good...I'm not fanatical about first person shooters like some people are but at the very least this is entertaining. So far, anyway.

I love how the Master Chief (or whatever his name is) sounds just like Solid Snake from Metal Gear. :lol:

Anyone else have/play this?

E said:
I love how the Master Chief (or whatever his name is) sounds just like Solid Snake from Metal Gear. :lol:

Anyone else have/play this?
Yeah, his name is "Master Chief".

The gameplay is cool. Out of the two Halos, this one has my favorite gameplay so far, mostly in the first few levels. The story is really cool and plays out well.

Game is really fun as well when you play on multiplayer.

I'm too chicken to play online. Maybe once I get used to it a little more.

I'm past the first level where you have to get off the ship...it was a little tedious after a while but I guess it wasn't too bad. I like that the story is pretty easy to follow.

Honestly---I never saw the huge draw to the game. To me it was just another FPS. But then again, I'm not exactly a gamemaster when it comes to FPS either so....

But I didn't see anything special about it.

Victor Von Doom said:
Honestly---I never saw the huge draw to the game. To me it was just another FPS. But then again, I'm not exactly a gamemaster when it comes to FPS either so....

But I didn't see anything special about it.

That's about how I feel about it. It's a good game; it certainly isn't bad. But it's not mind-blowingly awesome like some XBox fanboys make it out to be. Maybe it's just because I'm not as into FPSes, maybe it's just because I'm not too far into it.

I'll certainly keep playing it.

I used to love it quite a bit, and all my friends still play it on Xbox Live. I got a bit tired of it after two and a half years.

Fun game, though.

I played it for the first time the other week. Better when in the dark. And drunk. And driving the shiny exploding flying car-things.

I actually just bought the Halo-pack (with Halo, Halo 2 and Halo 2 Multiplayer maps) to my brother on his birthday this month. I myself has only played it for a short while and it's entertaining but not a classic in my book.

I had a lot of fun playing this coop with a friend. We finished the game and it was a blast.

I don't even know how it works when you are alone but in coop if a guy dies, you only wait for your partner to be in a alien free environment before re-spawning near him.

It still ain't that easy, especially since we played at a somewhat high difficulty level, because when caught in some of the intense firefight (I suspect there are more enemies when you play in a team), managing to reach an alien free-zone can be tougher than it sounds once alone and the sole focus of the remaining bad guys.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
I had a lot of fun playing this coop with a friend. We finished the game and it was a blast.

I don't even know how it works when you are alone but in coop if a guy dies, you only wait for your partner to be in a alien free environment before re-spawning near him.

It still ain't that easy, especially since we played at a somewhat high difficulty level, because when caught in some of the intense firefight (I suspect there are more enemies when you play in a team), managing to reach an alien free-zone can be tougher than it sounds once alone and the sole focus of the remaining bad guys.

If you're playing single-player, you just spawn at the last checkpoint. Its a real pain in the balls on anything Higher than normal.

There are actually methods to take advantage of spawning only in Alien-free enviorns in Co-op that make Hard/Legendary even easier (on Halo 1, that is). Just leave one guy in a deserted hallway and have the other charge out, die, spawn, run out, etc. until all the enemies are dead

Sacred&Profane said:
There are actually methods to take advantage of spawning only in Alien-free enviorns in Co-op that make Hard/Legendary even easier (on Halo 1, that is). Just leave one guy in a deserted hallway and have the other charge out, die, spawn, run out, etc. until all the enemies are dead

Well I guess, but that'd be boring. Which is kinda counter productive when you are playing a game for fun, ya know.

Usually what would happen when one of the dynamic duo was gunned down, the other would either

a - Heroically mop up the remaining aliens in the sector
b - Run like a scared little girl to a clean zone with literraly a dozen bad guy shooting at him (If there were less than that, we'd do option a!)
c - Die.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
Well I guess, but that'd be boring. Which is kinda counter productive when you are playing a game for fun, ya know.

Usually what would happen when one of the dynamic duo was gunned down, the other would either

a - Heroically mop up the remaining aliens in the sector
b - Run like a scared little girl to a clean zone with literraly a dozen bad guy shooting at him (If there were less than that, we'd do option a!)
c - Die.

Well, I never used the trick- we usually ran in guns blazing and then the only survivor (if any) would use option BC- run to a clean zone but die on the way.

I do not like first person view games as a rule but Halo + halo 2 are great in multiplayer co-op if you have friends around.

I love it when a lil alien thing comes up to you and you pistol him lol.

but yeah halo is a cool game

sjmole said:
I do not like first person view games as a rule but Halo + halo 2 are great in multiplayer co-op if you have friends around.

Indeed. But then everything is better if you have friends, ya know.

And that was my philosophical comment of the day.

8)

E.Vi.L. said:

Except solitaire.

E said:
Except solitaire.

Tsst, you missed the fact that I slyly shifted the meaning of sjmole from "having friends around" to having friends at all.

From that POV, even solitaire is better if you have friends. In that case you play solitaire to kill time. If you don't, you play solitaire not to kill yourself, so to speak. And I doubt it works very well, at that.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:

And that was my philosophical comment of the day.

8)

LOL:lol:

Ice said:
Yeah, his name is "Master Chief".

Thats his rank, actually. His name is John, or codename Spartan-117.

Sorry, I don't own either Halo game or an Xbox, but I'm still a fan of the series. ;)

Anyway, I was never a big fan of the gameplay in the games themselves, but I did enjoy the story in both. What I really like about the Halo universe is the strictly adhered canon they follow, even in their licensed books and comics. It really helps add to the story.

DIrishB said:
Thats his rank, actually. His name is John, or codename Spartan-117.

Sorry, I don't own either Halo game or an Xbox, but I'm still a fan of the series. ;)
Yeah, but that's why Master Chief was in " ".

Latest posts

Back