Hannibal Rising

Goodwill

The latest installment in Lector movies - Hannibal Rising! The movie will illustrate the childhood and young adulthood of one of the most compelling psychopaths in cinematic history!

The book, written by Thomas Harris, is supposed to be released in December 2006, where the movie will be released in early 2007.

Am the only one who thinks this is a bad idea?

Anthony Hopkins MADE the character of Hannibal what he is.

A book - Good idea as you can imagin that it is a young Anthony Hopkins.

A film - bad idea as no one else can play Hannibal

Word to your moms.

The books were out before the movies... The character of Hannibal is so much more involved in the books that it is hard to imagine Anthony Hopkins playing that role... Even though he popularized the character. I know it's odd, but that's how it is for me. The ending to the Hannibal book was so different that I don't even remotely like the movie in comparison... Clarice and Hannibal get MARRIED in the books, guys... Yeah, but to the point - I don't think the movie will ruin anything that Anthony Hopkins has done with the series before... The character is awesome enough to stand on it's own without the popular face.

The books were out before the movies... The character of Hannibal is so much more involved in the books that it is hard to imagine Anthony Hopkins playing that role... Even though he popularized the character. I know it's odd, but that's how it is for me. The ending to the Hannibal book was so different that I don't even remotely like the movie in comparison... Clarice and Hannibal get MARRIED in the books, guys... Yeah, but to the point - I don't think the movie will ruin anything that Anthony Hopkins has done with the series before... The character is awesome enough to stand on it's own without the popular face.

That is true I'll admit

it's just to me Anthony Hopkins IS Hannibal

I know everyone will disagree with that but that how i feel

Young Hannibal is kind of sexy.
Thats what he wants you to think.

I'm kind of not looking forward to this, hugely, simply because the movies have basically been getting worse and worse. I haven't read the books but I'm only vaguely enthused to read this, although I was hit with a really obsessive desire to watch Hannibal again the other night.

Did you see the last movie. Anthony Hopkins is ****ing old. He's not even remotely threatening anymore. Bring on the new kid.
Word to your moms.
You came to drop bombs?
Did not know that. Any of it. All the more reason the new kid should get a chance.

Did you see the last movie. Anthony Hopkins is ****ing old. He's not even remotely threatening anymore. Bring on the new kid.

I know he is but they should at least have him in it.

Even if it is done where he introduces it kinda like the whole film is a flash back.

This summer.....terror will rise.....because every evil has a beginning.

DUHN DUHN DUHNNNNNNNNNN!

boring.gif

...AND The guy who played Stryker in the X-2 movie was originally Hannibal in a movie called Manhunter, based off of Red Dragon. :) There are MORE faces to Hannibal yet!

I just borrowed the book from my aunt and have read the first hundred pages or so. It's not that interesting and I'm hoping it will actually get juicier soon.

Rawr... I have heard this movie is absolutely horrible.

And I'm a HUGE Lecter fan, but supposedly this is just a hamhanded revenge flick that cheapens one of the greatest film characters of all time.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that I finished the book and it was absolute ****. Well written maybe, but completely uninteresting. If you're going to give the greatest fictional villain ever an origin, at least make it a good one.

Apparently the writer was forced to write it, or else someone else would do it. Stupid!

Latest posts

Back