Happy Holy Friday.

Void.M

Yup, today is the day Jesus died.

so happy death day jesus :p

Holy Friday, Batman!

I celebrated Good Friday by watching a bunch of Green Wing and Extras episodes and then wandering around a pitch black forest which stunk of goat corpses.

And now it's Saturday. Creme eggs are the ****.

Neither have I. I'm familiar with Holy Thursday, which of course commemorates the Last Supper of Jesus and his disciples, and with Holy Saturday, which is both a day of waiting for the Resurrection and of preparation for Easter (including the blessing of the food that will be eaten on Easter Sunday. This, naturally, includes the chocolate bunnies and eggs! :D).

Perhaps "Holy Friday" is a Protestant term?

Neither have I. I'm familiar with Holy Thursday, which of course commemorates the Last Supper of Jesus and his disciples, and with Holy Saturday, which is both a day of waiting for the Resurrection and of preparation for Easter (including the blessing of the food that will be eaten on Easter Sunday. This, naturally, includes the chocolate bunnies and eggs! :D).

I figured it was call holy Friday since we call ''Viernes santo''

It all means the same though. Btw, what does bunnies and eggs have to do with easter anyway? i never got that.

It was some sort of Pagan idea, I think. We just added that aspect to appeal to them. Same reason why Christmas is on December 25th. We really have no idea when Jesus was born.

It all means the same though. Btw, what does bunnies and eggs have to do with easter anyway? i never got that.

Let me crack a creme egg of knowledge all over your head. Jesus liked the little creatures. Regular people like chocolate.

So, we eat them. As one.

It's kinda like Communion.

It was to make Easter more accessible to the pagans and their spring solstice/festivals celebrating fertility. Same goes for Christmas.

That explains it, then.

For more on Easter symbols. (I think the page on the other end of the link needs more contrast between the background and the text, but perhaps that's an age problem.) Doublehex and Iceshadow are essentially correct -- many Easter symbols are taken from non-Christian sources. The same is true for many Christmas symbols as well.

Well it should be called "Good Friday" though I don't see what's so good about it?

Also you're not suppose to eat meat but my brother did so we kept saying "hows that sinner nugget?"

Well it should be called "Good Friday" though I don't see what's so good about it?

It's "Good" because Jesus died to save us from our sins.

Also you're not suppose to eat meat but my brother did so we kept saying "hows that sinner nugget?"

You're actually only supposed to eat one meal, too, I believe. I'm pretty sure it's just a Catholic thing, though.

I'm not sure if this was ever mentioned here before. But I should point out that some hardcore Catholic devotees here find some very, um, creative ways to demonstrate their faith during Holy Week...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/1901095.stm

I'd post the images here, but i'm not sure whether they're considered "PG". (I mean, they were published on a "respectable" news site, and whatnot.)

Latest posts

Back