Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire Movie Discussion *Spoilers*

Goodwill said:
Goblet's on top, man.

Hmm... yeah, I'm going to say the same thing. Even though I was underwhelmed with it, it still beat out the others.

This time you could bounce a coin off the mounting tension. The other ones were just about kids caught up in a grown-up's plot. This translates the characters into individuals that understand their roles in the struggle between good and evil.

Yeah I'd consider putting it on my Top 20 of all-time. It was better that the other 3 Potter movies put together.

Batman Begins, Goblet of Fire, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Sin City, and King Kong were my favourite movies of 2005(not in that order).

Last edited:
after buying this crap movie, im not at all impressed. its like they took out all the fun parts...like watching the the other kids battle the dragons. or some of the better lines for when they catch the fake mad-eye-moody. and what about the other teacher? the one from the other school, that went missing. and my faviriot part in the book was the inertaction between harry and dead Cedrics Parents....plus what went on in the train when Harry gave the twins his prize money for there shop. and plus the whole converstion between Harry/Fudge/Dumbledore in the medic wing.

so in all....this book would have made a better tv series then a moive.

nigma said:
after buying this crap movie, im not at all impressed. its like they took out all the fun parts...like watching the the other kids battle the dragons. or some of the better lines for when they catch the fake mad-eye-moody. and what about the other teacher? the one from the other school, that went missing. and my faviriot part in the book was the inertaction between harry and dead Cedrics Parents....plus what went on in the train when Harry gave the twins his prize money for there shop. and plus the whole converstion between Harry/Fudge/Dumbledore in the medic wing.

so in all....this book would have made a better tv series then a moive.

See...now I just watched this over the weekend...and I thought that aside from the first one--this had to be the best out of them all.

I never read the books...and really don't plan on it either. There's just something about reading that bores me to death. I've only been able to read Shakespear and Greek Mythonlogy like "Homer"...but that's aside the point.

The first film was great because the effect looked so damn real. Plus the newness of it all....it all came together like Disney magic. The second and third film were ok. But this one was just really entertaining.

Victor Von Doom said:
See...now I just watched this over the weekend...and I thought that aside from the first one--this had to be the best out of them all.

I never read the books...and really don't plan on it either. There's just something about reading that bores me to death. I've only been able to read Shakespear and Greek Mythonlogy like "Homer"...but that's aside the point.

The first film was great because the effect looked so damn real. Plus the newness of it all....it all came together like Disney magic. The second and third film were ok. But this one was just really entertaining.

you can read Shakespear but not harry potter :sure: but then again im the same away about the LOTR, never read the books, but the moives are cool.

need an E-copy? of the last 2 chapters at least....the only good stuff.

I got the 2-Disc edition. Here's my movie ranking:

Best: Prisoner of Azkaban
Then: Goblet of Fire (but veeeerrrrry close to best)
And then: The first two (both were cool at first but now stink pretty bad compared to the ones helmed by quality directors who made an actual film and not a cheap carbon copy of the book)

nigma said:
you can read Shakespear but not harry potter :sure: but then again im the same away about the LOTR, never read the books, but the moives are cool.

need an E-copy? of the last 2 chapters at least....the only good stuff.

Yeah...but I've been reading Shakespear since 8th grade.

Victor Von Doom said:
Yeah...but I've been reading Shakespear since 8th grade.

i drive a camaro, you read shakespear we all have are things. next time i'll ask you what the dead guy was writing about next time i have an english class ;)

Wow...

Great flick.

I wasn't a big fan of the franchise and I've never read the books but I'm pretty much in love with the mythology because of this film. This was easily the best Harry Potter movie. "Mad Eye" is one of the coolest characters ever.

I have a major problem with something though. Harry Potter sucks. The main character irritates the hell out of me. Everyone else is a lot more interesting. Hermione wasn't even that cool this time around but she was one of the only good things about the first few batches. She's not even getting hotter. Oh well. This time my focus was on everything else and it was great.

But it's getting sort of obnoxious that Harry Potter is constantly downplayed. Are we supposed to be shocked when the world's greatest wizard is put into the spotlight every year at Hogwarts. The kid's supposed to be a big deal and his name comes flying out of that fire and everyone's like "why him?" I think they should kill Harry Potter off and just entertain us with what's left.

The dragon scene was cool. Voldermort is awesome.

5/5

Last edited:
Agreed. One of the main reasons I like Harry Potter is because the supporting cast is much more interesting than the main character.

Heaven forbid I mispell something on this inter-web-wold-net thingy!!!

:roll:

Wold Newton FTW!

On second thought, I can't actually watch this movie, nor any of the other Harry Potter movies without turning it off halfway through because it's so boring. I don't think I even want to see the next one. I'll just stick with the books.

Latest posts

Back