Hawkeye's Family (minor Ultimates 2 #4 spoilers)

Seldes Katne said:
I get the impression that working for the Ultimates in particular does pay well, although I don't think I'd want to have to live with 24/7 security on my house and family....
I'm hoping that wasn't foreshadowing, that throwaway comment about the security detail (as in: we've established that there IS a security detail and presumably the need for one, but they aren't always paying the attention they are supposed to be...)

Nah, MM has enough plots going.

TheManWithoutFear said:
To be honest I've been ignoring this thread. Is this about 616 Hawk eye or Ultimate Hawkeye?
Ultimate, and the thread is now New! and Improved! with spoilers for Ultimates V2 #4.

How can it be both?

If it's new, it can't be improved. And if it's improved, then it's not new.

And the walls of the Ultimate universe crumble as Jemas, Millar, and Bendis fall to my inassailable logic... OF DOOM!

Bass said:
How can it be both?

If it's new, it can't be improved. And if it's improved, then it's not new.

And the walls of the Ultimate universe crumble as Jemas, Millar, and Bendis fall to my inassailable logic... OF DOOM!

Standard US advertising phrase, hence the reason it makes no sense. But it's useful as semi-sarcasm, especially in a calm little thread which has presently run its course.

TheManWithoutFear said:
:sure: Why is this the only thread you post at?

Because a) I've only been registered here about a week, though I've lurked longer and b) I had something to contribute upthread and felt like it. As this post proves, I answer when directly spoken to.

Of the "Ultimates U" titles, Ultimates is the only book I really follow (though I got the trade which is now re-titled "Ultimate Galactus Part1" but haven't read it yet), and in the rest of the threads this week everything is moving along very nicely without my help, lol.

Last edited:
I found the most interesting scene with hawkeye (so far, i've not read ultimates 2 #4 yet) was when he was talking to fury about SHIELD just being those two and a drinks tab, and now fury's telling cap what to do.
It gave a great insight into the relationship between Clint'n'Nick. It strikes me as those are the only two in the group that are actually buddies, and possibly not just war buddies at that. Suffice to say, there is a lot of history there, and we can also suggest that Fury would trust Hawkeye with his life, perhaps more than any other Ultimates member.

As for his panickiness, the only other character you see doing that is Stark. Neither of them are genetically modified fighting machines (or gods), they are guys that don't just live for war. Cap does, that's what he is, widow is (from what i gather) probably more comfortable on the battlefield than any other place. Tony Stark has no interest in dying for a cause, he just wants to do his bit, and Clint Barton is a family man who is doing what he does best for the security (from attack, and financially) for his family.

I mean, what else can he do? Travel schools to show the kids archery tricks? Well, his girlfriend may prefer he did that.

MagicGamer said:
Hey! Are you the same Rhyo from AF?

Yepper, except I am a) new here and b) not a mod here, hence not on my better behavior, such as it is...

MagicGamer said:
on topic: Hawkeyes kids are small

Yeah, the thread started before issue #4 came out and it was all still up in the air...

Rhyo said:
Yepper, except I am a) new here and b) not a mod here, hence not on my better behavior, such as it is...

Yeah, the thread started before issue #4 came out and it was all still up in the air...

YAY! I know somone. And incase anyone was wondering I have some real top secret stuff on Hawkeye: He's a man. OK, OK, I donno I just wanted to contribute and I don't think that's been said.

Guijllons said:
As for his panickiness, the only other character you see doing that is Stark. Neither of them are genetically modified fighting machines (or gods), they are guys that don't just live for war. Cap does, that's what he is, widow is (from what i gather) probably more comfortable on the battlefield than any other place. Tony Stark has no interest in dying for a cause, he just wants to do his bit, and Clint Barton is a family man who is doing what he does best for the security (from attack, and financially) for his family.
Great observation. For Stark, "doing great things for the world" isn't necessarily synonymous with "dying for your country".

Latest posts

Back