Hellboy: Animated

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
The site for the animated version is now up.

HellBoy


Not much to it...but it looks interesting nonetheless. The trailer looked pretty cool though. I liked how they got the people from the film to do the voices for this. The animation looks a lot like a mix between X-Men: Evolution and Teen Titans.

Trailer
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
The site's address makes me laugh. :lol:


So when is this supposed to come on and what channel is showing it?
 

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
I think the plan was originally to be a series but it didn't get picked up. So instead they made it into 2 animated movies.
 

Friday

Well-Known Member
Deffinatly looking forward to these. Probably gonna buy them, since I love me some new Hellboy stuff. Especialy since it seems to be riffing more off the movie than the comics. The comics didn't really get to be more than great art books till V4, while the movie was seven shades of fun. In fact I think I'll go watch it now...
 

Friday

Well-Known Member
Victor Von Doom said:
Still one of the better comic book/superhero films. Pearlman was born for that role.
Aye. I think it turned out so well because of the heavy involvment by Mingola in the production. If you watch all th extras it seems like he was there all the time, and Del Torro was on the same wavelength. It all really just gelled together into a new version of the characters.
 

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Baxter said:
Aye. I think it turned out so well because of the heavy involvment by Mingola in the production. If you watch all th extras it seems like he was there all the time, and Del Torro was on the same wavelength. It all really just gelled together into a new version of the characters.

Totally. It's that little fat that makes me hyped to see these. Staying close to the source and the creators are heavily involved. You can be sure you'll get the same kinda characters in the transfer.

..........as opposed to the trainwreck that was Ultimate Avengers. :sick:



The one thing I didn't see on the site was a release date. Anyone else catch it???
 

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
2007?!?!?! What the deuce?!?!?!


Oh well......we've got threads for stuff coming out way after that so I guess this meager little thread won't hurt. Maybe a new thread will come out like a month before this comes out and mine will dissapear or be locked. :wink:
 

vintsukka

Well-Known Member
Victor Von Doom said:
I liked how they got the people from the film to do the voices for this.

Trailer
In the movie, Doug Jones played the part of Abe Sapien (he was the guy in the suit), but David Hyde Pierce (of Frasier fame) did the voice. Now, does it make sense to anyone that the trailer for the animated version features Doug Jones as Abe?
 

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
vintsukka said:
In the movie, Doug Jones played the part of Abe Sapien (he was the guy in the suit), but David Hyde Pierce (of Frasier fame) did the voice. Now, does it make sense to anyone that the trailer for the animated version features Doug Jones as Abe?

Hmmm....I noticed that too. Weird. At least they got the guy from the movie and not some random guy.
 

Latest posts

Top