Help Save Jericho

leather_w0lf

I for one, loved the Jericho. Little House on the Apocalypse is my pet name for it. The show is a great family show - really - and it has elements of soap opera, action and sci-fi in it. LOST fans note - Hawkins could kick Sayid's ***, no contest.

Details to help save the Jericho TV Show on CBS are on Ain't It Cool. For the petition got to: http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?09272006

Details for the NUTS TRUCK are here:

http://www.nutsonline.com/gifts/jericho.html

Up to 4400 pounds now. LOL!!!

What will they do with all those packing nuts? Send us all copies of the series and use them for packing?

Honestly? I love the plotting, and the character dynamics, but I don't find any of the performers charismatic enough to keep me interested, in the long term.

If it were more feasible for the writers to convert the story to an ongoing comic book title, with a credible, dedicated art team behind them, I'd much rather follow the property that way.

It's a shame to see it go, because it's an example of a show that seems to know the answers to its various mysteries, ahead of time, and to know exactly how to pace the various revelations. But it just doesn't hold together very well, given the limits of the TV series format (especially the midseason break).

Its best chance for survival is for it to air experimentally, as a shortened "mini season", during the winter/holiday break of a similarly themed program (similar to what that crappy Pu$sy Cat Dolls show did, by interrupting Veronica Mars). If the ratings pick up, it might just get renewed for a full season, the next time around.

Last edited:
I already signed an such.

Not because I like the show, but because both of my parents were fans and were very disappointed when it was canceled.

I hate to say it but it wont help. I've seen these done for other shows like Roswell , Buffy , Angel and more and non of them ever work

But there are people who do love the show out there(obviously a lot of them... the petition is a lot bigger than any of the ones I've seen before... IMDb even posted an article about the unexpected surge of support), so it's nice to help them out by signing anyway. They'd do it for you.

But there are people who do love the show out there(obviously a lot of them... the petition is a lot bigger than any of the ones I've seen before... IMDb even posted an article about the unexpected surge of support), so it's nice to help them out by signing anyway. They'd do it for you.

IMDB , TVtome or what ever it was before tv.com posted about the huge support for Buffy , angel and roswell. Hell Roswell even had reports of 1000s of people mailing in Tabasco sauce in bottles to get a 4th season at least a film.

No one listened. Only twice can I think of where the fan support worked and that is family guy and futurama but they are both rare cases.

In defense of the writing of the show, I think of it as sort of the reverse scenario of DMZ (if anybody else here is a fan of that series):

DMZ is one guy's interpretation of the aftermath of contemporary civil war, in an urban area.

Jericho is one rural community's attempt to survive a very believable, down-to-earth representation of an America that's become a factionalized group of warring states. And there are plenty of interesting hints about what's going on in the 'outside world', but it's all framed squarely from the view of how it affects the immediate neighborhood.

I think viewers may have been disappointed by this seemingly 'myopic' view of (what is arguably) a post-apocalyptic scenario (since nuclear attacks are involved).

Somebody else brought up the absence of zombies (perhaps jokingly), but really, I don't blame them -- we've been conditioned to expect that kind of thing. And movies like 28 Days Later, and comics like Kirkman's Walking Dead have already proven that you can have the same kind of interpersonal drama and soap opera forming the emotional counterweight to a little old-fashioned zombie gorefesting, so it's upped the ante, creating a kind of "zombie hegemeony" within the sub-genre of "post-apocalyptic survivor's quests". But I think that's also sad, in a way, because it limits the chances of a show like Jericho.

Last edited:
In defense of the writing of the show, I think of it as sort of the reverse scenario of DMZ (if anybody else here is a fan of that series):

DMZ is one guy's interpretation of the aftermath of contemporary civil war, in an urban area.

Jericho is one rural community's attempt to survive a very believable, down-to-earth representation of an America that's become a factionalized group of warring states. And there are plenty of interesting hints about what's going on in the 'outside world', but it's all framed squarely from the view of how it affects the immediate neighborhood.

I think viewers may have been disappointed by this seemingly 'myopic' view of (what is arguably) a post-apocalyptic scenario (since nuclear attacks are involved).

Somebody else brought up the absence of zombies (perhaps jokingly), but really, I don't blame them -- we've been conditioned to expect that kind of thing. And movies like 28 Days Later, and comics like Kirkman's Walking Dead have already proven that you can have the same kind of interpersonal drama and soap opera forming the emotional counterweight to a little old-fashioned zombie gorefesting, so it's upped the ante, creating a kind of "zombie hegemeony" within the sub-genre of "post-apocalyptic survivor's quests". But I think that's also sad, in a way, because it limits the chances of a show like Jericho.
i expected zombies

If everyone supports everything, then support has no value.

I hate to say it but it wont help. I've seen these done for other shows like Roswell , Buffy , Angel and more and non of them ever work

Agreed.

If the fans of Angel and Firefly couldn't save those shows what chance does this show have?

If everyone supports everything, then support has no value.

That's also a very valid point.

Last edited:
Fans of those other 2 shows didn't buy a 2 page spread in Variety. We did.

13,000 pounds plus of peanuts. The homeless in NYC aren't going hungry anytime soon.

A couple of you hit it on the head - you mentioned your parents or older family members loved it. I'm nearly 40 and fall into that category. Why do us older folk love it so much? Cos it's a combination of every genre of fiction we've grown up with on TV.

If it came back, I'd certainly watch it when it airs rather than wait for it on OnDemand, but I don't see how that'll help since I don't have a Nielsen box.

Oh loads of goodness. HEH HEH HEH!!!

I'm very happy.

Now - you Veronica Mars fans need to start piping up cos Rob Thomas has ideas and needs yer help to save his show, too. Details are on Ain't It Cool.

lol.

It's a shame to see it go, because it's an example of a show that seems to know the answers to its various mysteries, ahead of time, and to know exactly how to pace the various revelations. But it just doesn't hold together very well, given the limits of the TV series format (especially the midseason break).
Elaborate.

Latest posts

Back