Heroes Volume 5: Redemption (Spoilers)

Hellsbuttmonkey

Well, it's better than before.

Fair enough we have the same style Claire storyline forming ("I just wanna be a normal girl...") but Hiro is dying, Peter has become an obsessive 'superhero' of sorts, living in an empty apartment with nothing but newspaper clippings of people he has saved on the walls, and Matt... well, Matt is well and truly screwed up.

Nylar is living as Nathan, but has started to develop Sylar's abilities, and Angela contacts Matt to give him a 'refresher', as in suppress Sylar more as she believes he is resurfacing. Matt refuses saying he doesn't use his powers any more. Angela shouldn't have worried.

Sylar doesn't live there any more. His mind/soul/essence/whatever hopped into Matt's head during the wiping, and has taken up residence there as a twisted 'ghost' tormenting Matt, in the best use of Sylar since season one. he is slowly driving him mad, trying to force Matt to find Nylar and put Sylar back in his body. Matt is obviously refusing, saying "I am a cop, you are a killer, I'll keep you in this prison forever if i have to". Sylar doesn't like this and is screwing with Matt, using Matt's ability on himself to make Matt hallucinate and stuff. Really fun stuff there.

We also have some weird freakshow of carnie folk who are up to something, not sure what though. The leader can control the earth and has some kind of magic tattoo thing. He also has a really cool speedster who is a bit of a knifefighter, whcih leads to a cool knife fight scene in the first ep with Peter as superspeed.

This Knepper guy is pretty good... I'm enjoying it more than last season, but I bet this is the last.

Well, it's better than before.

Fair enough we have the same style Claire storyline forming ("I just wanna be a normal girl...") but Hiro is dying, Peter has become an obsessive 'superhero' of sorts, living in an empty apartment with nothing but newspaper clippings of people he has saved on the walls, and Matt... well, Matt is well and truly screwed up.

Nylar is living as Nathan, but has started to develop Sylar's abilities, and Angela contacts Matt to give him a 'refresher', as in suppress Sylar more as she believes he is resurfacing. Matt refuses saying he doesn't use his powers any more. Angela shouldn't have worried.

Sylar doesn't live there any more. His mind/soul/essence/whatever hopped into Matt's head during the wiping, and has taken up residence there as a twisted 'ghost' tormenting Matt, in the best use of Sylar since season one. he is slowly driving him mad, trying to force Matt to find Nylar and put Sylar back in his body. Matt is obviously refusing, saying "I am a cop, you are a killer, I'll keep you in this prison forever if i have to". Sylar doesn't like this and is screwing with Matt, using Matt's ability on himself to make Matt hallucinate and stuff. Really fun stuff there.

We also have some weird freakshow of carnie folk who are up to something, not sure what though. The leader can control the earth and has some kind of magic tattoo thing. He also has a really cool speedster who is a bit of a knifefighter, whcih leads to a cool knife fight scene in the first ep with Peter as superspeed.

Yeah there are some interesting concepts there but everything just sound's like one person's random idea for the show who has no concept what the show was meant to be... so I guess that's about right.

Hah... I'll get around to it someday... I barely have time to watch the shows I do watch.

Does this count as jumping the shark?
heroesclairekiss.jpg

Kiss the cheerleader, save the ratings.

I like Heroes.

I recognize that Heroes can be/is a bad show.

That being said....its mostly more of the same.

So Claire's lesbian stalker is Gracie from The Nanny?

And of all the characters the only 3 characters I'm interested in is Robert Knepper's ink controller (although I don't understand how he closed the Earth at the beginning of the season if he can control ink?) ....and the new deaf chick who can see sound and apparently harness it into concussive force blasts.....and of course Sylar who continues to be the only character who can actually captivate his audience.

I'm surprised that I'm liking season 4 a lot. Samuel Sullivan is a pretty cool character, he's kinda like Magneto here with the carnies as the Brotherhood. It's not exactly original, but much much better than another doomsday device or some world-shattering catastrophe again.

So I don't know about anyone else but I am, more or less, enjoying Redemption. Although Peter remains to be an idiot still. After the deaf girl leaves he says he'll call her later!!! Then later he's talking to her when she isn't facing him! C'mon he's almost been with her all season lol.

I stopped watching halfway through season 2. Is micah still in this? Because it was his terrible acting that pissed me off the most.

Really? Maybe I should start watching again then. I hear season 3 sucked, but it started to get better with 4. Or should I just jump in at 5?

Really? Maybe I should start watching again then. I hear season 3 sucked, but it started to get better with 4. Or should I just jump in at 5?

Season 3 was broken down into 2 volumes. Volume 5 is season 4 right. Vol 3 was utterly horrible and the last ep of 4 might piss you off lol

Latest posts

Back