Hi, I'm a Marvel...and I'm a DC!

They annoy me to know end, they basically say if you have a pc you're a retard or if you have a mac your an annoying self gradifying douche

Actually it's more like this: Mac users are people who like to do fun things with their computer, PC users are people who like to make pie charts all day. :D

Than I have one thing to say

That is, like the awesomest thing I've ever seen.

Although Proj has a Xorn mask. I wanted a Xorn mask.

I have to get my voice recordings done for you. If only I could find my mic. Maybe I'll just have to go get a new one.

These are hilarious, but when yout think about it, DC focuses more on QUALITY than QUANTITY (like Marvel does). If you add up all of Marvel's crappy movies, you'll get a heck of a lot more than DC's.

Well, except Batman & Robin counts for two movies. :lol:

The third video rules. :D

"At least at the end of my movie, I change back to my normal costume...you still have that kid..."

"Um, you know, he doesn't look that much like me..." BUMP!

"Oh no..."

CLASSIC.

:lol:

So right.

"He's still moving around - I'm pretty sure he's yours."

:lol:

These are great little parodies.

Nice.

Yoo bad it's wrong about that you are forced to install iTunes with Quicktime. You have two choices for a Quicktime installer, one with iTunes and one without. I should know, I installed Quicktime yesterday. WITHOUT iTunes.
Maddox is never wrong. Your above statement must therefore be a lie.

The PC/Mac commercials are highly accurate in their portrayal of Mac users and annoying *******s.

Depite their efforts to make it the reverse, John Hodgeman is ten times more likeable than Justin Long.

Oh, and there's one thing that PC users can do that Mac users can't.

I have to say, while I like the parodies, what annoys me is that somehow the Marvel films are better than DC films. I can't help but feel the South Park analogy of voting between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwhich is appropriate here. I thought Batman Begins was boring, but Superman Returns was great except for a ****ty ending. Whereas I found all three Spider-Man films remarkably average. Net result - they feel like over-produced superhero films to me, neither better or worse. That said, I'm quite willing to go, "Marvel films are better" because these little sketches really are funny. :)

Also, the Maddox link is really funny. I love the biological weapons of terror bit.

Maddox is never wrong. Your above statement must therefore be a lie.

Everything you say is exactly 63% funnier becuse it looks like Dog Jesus is saying it.

I have to say, while I like the parodies, what annoys me is that somehow the Marvel films are better than DC films. I can't help but feel the South Park analogy of voting between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwhich is appropriate here.
I feel the same way.

I mean, I AM a Marvel loyalist, and even if we lived in some kind of world where we could say Marvel movies are 'better' than DC movies, it still feels like fanboyism to say it out that way, even if it's in a parody, and I wouldn't want people swapping those videos around just to 'win' an argument about it.

Mac/PC adds are very, very annoying. I still manage to edit music and use photoshop on my PC, which appears to be the entire argument for buying a mac. And I'm really with Maddox on this one; I'm just not cool enough to own apple products.

Actually, I do like DC films better than Marvel (for the most part) and I struggle everyday with which I liked better; Superman returns or Batman Begins.

I absolutely prefer DC movies to Marvel movies, but it's probably a bias thing. Superman: The Movie's helicopter scene is by and large, my favourite scene in a motion picture. NONE of the Marvel movies have been able to capture the magic of a superhero as well as that one scene from 1978.

I also think (and so many of my peers agree with me) that Batman Begins trounces every single last damn one of the Marvel movies. Coming out of Spider-Man, I was saying, "Wow, what a great movie!". Coming out of Batman Begins, I said nothing. In fact, I think I was about to go into cardiac arrest from an overload of fanboy excitement.

My all-time favourite cinema-related moment was when my friends and I were coming out of Begins and they apologised most sincerely to me, for all the years they had spent making fun of my Bat-fandom.

That said, I actually think that Marvel have had consistently good comics since the early sixties. DC only started getting really good in the late seventies, and even then it was still really muddled. Marvel have plenty of material they could use to make GREAT movies and yet 60% of the stuff they churn out is crap (Fantastic Four), mediocre (Hulk) or so crammed full of different things that it appeals to some but offends many (X-Men: The Last Stand and Spider-Man 3).

Lastly, even though I really like Superman Returns and I'll defend it wholeheartedly; at the end of the day it's not the movie that should have been made and everything they say in the parodies is pretty much bang-on. Superman shouldn't be an illegitimate father, the plot shouldn't have been about Kryptonite (at least, not so much) and after twenty friggin' years, there should at least have been a goddamn supervillain, not to mention that it shouldn't have had as many ties to the previous films.

Last edited:
I absolutely prefer DC movies to Marvel movies, but it's probably a bias thing. Superman: The Movie's helicopter scene is by and large, my favourite scene in a motion picture. NONE of the Marvel movies have been able to capture the magic of a superhero as well as that one scene from 1978.

I gotta agree. When I talk about superhero films, I generally mean those of 1999 and on. I don't count the 1978 Superman or the 1989 Batman, both of which are the best superhero films made.

I also think (and so many of my peers agree with me) that Batman Begins trounces every single last damn one of the Marvel movies. Coming out of Spider-Man, I was saying, "Wow, what a great movie!". Coming out of Batman Begins, I said nothing. In fact, I think I was about to go into cardiac arrest from an overload of fanboy excitement.

My all-time favourite cinema-related moment was when my friends and I were coming out of Begins and they apologised most sincerely to me, for all the years they had spent making fun of my Bat-fandom.

Yeah, as far as I can tell, three people don't like Batman Begins. Me, my brother, and a guy I met in Bath. Everyone loves it. Even my friends who don't like comics or Batman love it.

I think it's dull and incredibly boring. It's not bad - in fact, it should be quite good, but I watch it and I'm bored from start to finish. :?

Lastly, even though I really like Superman Returns and I'll defend it wholeheartedly; at the end of the day it's not the movie that should have been made and everything they say in the parodies is pretty much bang-on. Superman shouldn't be an illegitimate father, the plot shouldn't have been about Kryptonite (at least, not so much) and after twenty friggin' years, there should at least have been a goddamn supervillain, not to mention that it shouldn't have had as many ties to the previous films.

I agree here too. The annoying thing is that the kryptonite block would've been fine if they hadn't decided kryptonite just 'stopped' killing him when he went to pick it up. I had a fix for the ending that I think is much better. I also think the kid was stupid, but not for the reasons everyone else does.

The problem with the kid is that he's a set up for Superman Returns II: The Returning. He doesn't do anything in Superman Returns. Literally. He has no function in the film. If you removed him, there would be no alteration to the story, bar one scene where they find Superman after the stabbing. He's a complete waste of time in the film because Singer and his writing team forgot to give him a reason to be in that film. He's there so that in the sequel he can be a major player, but it defeats the point to set something up when you don't do anything with it. It would've been better to put the kid story that they obviously want to do in Returns or to just ditch it. Instead, we got this nonsense of Superman being an illegitimate stalker.

What's worse, Superman in the film is a creepy stalker. He's a creepy stalker that knocked up Lois Lane.

That thinks he's Jesus. :roll:

(The Jesus rant is for another time.)

But there was so much right with that film. The three main rescues; the plane, the boat, and Metropolis were superb. The actors were really good. Lex Luthor's plan was a brilliant idea. And I am convinced that had he resolved the kryptonite block in a better fashion, it would've been a hit, because Lex did all the things a supervillain needed to do.

I also think the links to the previous films were not only completely unobtrusive, but brilliantly handled. It felt like a remake more than a sequel, and it was wonderful. It felt like a Superman film. Superman rescues people while Lex Luthor pulls off the greatest crime of the century, involving some sort of real estate scam. Absolutely perfect.

Spider-Man deals with his girlfriend being held hostage by someone who wants to kill him, Batman deals with some crazy guy intent on turning Gotham City into his personal hellhole, and Superman deals with villains causing huge natural disasters that threaten innocent lives. Hells yes.

Latest posts

Back