Hi, I'm gonna start collecting USM and have some questions

MarvelWarrior

Hi, I haven't collected comics in a while but I'm familar with the original Marvel Universe. I recently discovered USM and I'm starting to like it. I plan on picking up the TPB once I graduate from college this summer. I have some questions though:
I saw there is an Ultimate Black Cat, what is she like?

What heroes has Spidey in encountered in the Ultimate universe?

Has Daredevil showed up? Is he different the regular Marvel version?

What's the origin of the Rhino?

Sorry if these are dumb questions. Look forward to posting here.

Welcome!

MarvelWarrior said:
I saw there is an Ultimate Black Cat, what is she like?
She's older than Spidey, has a vendetta against the Kingpin. Thinks Spidey is older than he is, not a lot of personality developement really.

MarvelWarrior said:
What heroes has Spidey in encountered in the Ultimate universe?
He met the Fantastic Four in a Marvel Team Up issue that doesn't count, he met the X-men, he met the Ultimates during the Ultimate Six mini, he's met Nick Fury numerous times. I'm probably forgetting a few but none of them beyond Fury have been important. Fury pops up every now and then and says something harsh that turns out to be fairly caring on some level. He doesn't have any relationships with any heroes (possibly excepting Wolverine, who knows who he is in an "I can tell everyone apart by their scents" kind of way".

MarvelWarrior said:
Yes he's shown up in Spidey, as well as both of them appearing in Ultimate X-men. Daredevil isn't really any different to his 616 counterpart as yet but he's hardly appeared. He's still blind, he's still a lawyer. Or a Law Student if your reading Ultimate Daredevi&Elektra and Ultimate Elektra

MarvelWarrior said:
What's the origin of the Rhino?
Rhino's origin has not yet been depicted, although he has appeared once before in USM. Peter wanted to beat him so he couldn't get there in time and Rhino was defeated by Iron Man.

MarvelWarrior said:
Sorry if these are dumb questions. Look forward to posting here.
No problem, no stupid questions. Welcome and feel free to introduce yourself in the "Who is Who" thread that's floating around somewhere.

MarvelWarrior said:
Like Caduceus said, Ultimate Daredevil isn't really all that much different from his mainstream Marvel incarnation, but an important distinction is that he isn't as chummy or friendly with Spider-Man as he is in the regular Marvel universe.

Bendis often emphasizes this by saying that Daredevil just doesn't like Spider-Man, that to DD, Spidey is just an annoying impetuous amateur who is in over his head, and has brought this point up in many interviews.

You should watch out for Rhino soon. He's going to show up again in USM Annual #1, and if you have X-Box or PS2, actually beat the crap out of him as Spidey in the USM game, which will be officially included in Ultimate continuity.

Welcome. Excellent breakdown by Caddy. :D

Thanks for the info guys and thanks for the kind words. :D Out of all Spidey's villains so far, who would rank as the strongest and which one gave him the hardest time?

why do you want us to spoil it man? read and find out yourself that way it won't be too much of a let down :wink:

ourchair said:
Like Caduceus said, Ultimate Daredevil isn't really all that much different from his mainstream Marvel incarnation, but an important distinction is that he isn't as chummy or friendly with Spider-Man as he is in the regular Marvel universe.

Bendis often emphasizes this by saying that Daredevil just doesn't like Spider-Man, that to DD, Spidey is just an annoying impetuous amateur who is in over his head, and has brought this point up in many interviews.

Do you guys see Bendis perhaps having DD change his views on Spidey? And is it just me or is Spidey the youngest hero in the Ultimate universe?

I thought Nightcralwer was one of the youngest kid. Isnt he like 14 or around that age and Spider-Man is like around 16 or 17.

MarvelWarrior said:
Do you guys see Bendis perhaps having DD change his views on Spidey? And is it just me or is Spidey the youngest hero in the Ultimate universe?
Seldes and Goodwill pretty much summed up the question of Spidey's age rank, but as for Bendis changing DD's views on Spidey, I doubt it'll happen until some unspecified far off future, maybe when Spidey has become older and wiser.

Bendis has been pretty adamant about the whole thing, stating that a pragmatic guy like DD who tries to look at the bigger picture would be incredibly annoyed by Spider-Man who tends to look at heroism as a "one act at a time" schtick. It makes their relationship more interesting, I think, and perhaps might make a stronger relationship for them when they hopefully become friends.

René said:
I thought Nightcralwer was one of the youngest kid. Isnt he like 14 or around that age and Spider-Man is like around 16 or 17.
You're right, I'd forgotten that Nightcrawler is that young in this series. He just seems to act older, I guess. :D

If I recall correctly, Peter is 15 when he starts his career as Spider-man.

I'm sorry, Goodwill, but I'm not familiar with the kid from Adventures. Haven't picked that one up yet.

ourchair said:
Bendis has been pretty adamant about the whole thing, stating that a pragmatic guy like DD who tries to look at the bigger picture would be incredibly annoyed by Spider-Man who tends to look at heroism as a "one act at a time" schtick. It makes their relationship more interesting, I think, and perhaps might make a stronger relationship for them when they hopefully become friends.
Also, with DD not really a large part of the UU at the moment, that's not likely to change in the nearest future.

Spade said:
thats cause UDD is a complete moron

:panic: EDIT IT BEFORE MWoF SEES! HE'LL TRACK YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU!! :panic:

cmdrjanjalani said:
You should watch out for Rhino soon. He's going to show up again in USM Annual #1, and if you have X-Box or PS2, actually beat the crap out of him as Spidey in the USM game, which will be officially included in Ultimate continuity.

Don't forget us Cubers. The Ultimate Spider-Man video game will be out for all three systems.

as for ages, Spider-Man is (STILL) 15, though sometime soon he should turn 16. Nightcrawler is also 15, though may be 16 by now. Not sure about Kitty and Bobby though. But Rene is right, technically, the youngest Ultimate hero/sidekick/adventurer goes to Hank Kipple, aka Woody.

Latest posts

Back