How do you rate Millar's Ultimate Fantastic Four run (Annual #1, #21-32)?

How do you rate Millar's Ultimate Fantastic Four run (Annual #1, #21-32)?

• Total voters
Re: How Do You Rate Millar's Ultimate Fantastic Four Run (UFF Annual #1/ UFF#21 - #32

loved it. My favorate run on the book so far, and one of my favorates in the Ultimate Line ever.

Re: How Do You Rate Millar's Ultimate Fantastic Four Run (UFF Annual #1/ UFF#21 - #32

Lithium said:
loved it. My favorate run on the book so far, and one of my favorates in the Ultimate Line ever.

Seconded.

Only Ultimates and Ultimates 2 have been better.

5 stars.

Re: How Do You Rate Millar's Ultimate Fantastic Four Run (UFF Annual #1/ UFF#21 - #32)

Thought it was very excellent. It was great to see what he can do on his own without Bendis taking much of the writing. Awesome ideas and it was all a fun read.

I just got Ult. FF4 32 today, and it was great. Millars run has been spectacular, the zombies were a great way to end it.

Re: How Do You Rate Millar's Ultimate Fantastic Four Run (UFF Annual #1/ UFF#21 - #32)

4 stars thought the arcs could been longer.

Last edited:

Overall, I really liked it, but there were things that annoyed me. His last four arcs all helped build up his last arc, but there were things that annoyed me about them. The Skrull arc proved the Doom didn't cause the accident, but the time travel just got weird and stupid. The Namor arc established how Doom learned magic and the Mrs. Storm was working for Doom, but Namor himself was stupid. Crossover was probably the best of the bunch, and I don't really have any complaints about.

It was a well structured run that tied together nicely, but there were a lot holes that didn't need to be there.

4/5

Worse thing about Millar's run...was it's only a year. I wish he stayed on longer.

1/5

Whole thing was just sorta mehh to me. While I realize that the entire premise of the Ultimate Universe requires them to draw from 616, I think these could have easily been drawn with the 616 Fantastic Four and sold as one of Marvel's titles for that line. There wasn't really any regard for what had been laid out to make the UFF different from the 616FF, and all the magic stuff just ruined the more scientific approach previous authors have taken.

Millar and Land's run has been amazing!
But I'm not a fan of 3 ish arcs. It's a bit too fast, and more detail can be written.
I would like to see how Land would draw USM and UXM.

Absolutely amazing. My only complaint was the arcs' length.

There were individual arcs that were pretty stupid like Namor. But then there are stellar arcs like Crossover or Frightful Four.

I think the longer arcs are better to read, especially for the new readers how can only catch up with the tradebacks. It becomes 1 story for 1 book.

this was about fan. four the adventurers more than the superheroes, and that is what they started as. and that rules.

This run has made me a fan of UFF. Any chance of the run being collected in one big hardback? I'd definately pick it up.

Latest posts

Back