How many members speak foreign languages?

Mavericker

Banned
Hello. How many members here speak foreign languages?

I know a little Italian.

I know that Ultimate Quicksilver speaks Portugese.

Last edited:
I took two years of Spanish in high school, then a couple years ago at the mall I worked with and made friends with a bunch of Mexican people so I know Spanish okay, but I wouldn't exactly call myself fluent in it.

I took two years of Spanish in high school, but never payed attention and didn't learn a thing. The closest I came to speaking Spanish was when I'd yell "El baño." at the teacher when I had to go.

Taking Japanese next semester. It'll probably be disasterous.

For some reason I've taken to saying "que" instead of "what." I do this to everybody. I have no idea if they understand or just think I'm nuts, but they always repeat what they said regardless.

For some reason I've taken to saying "que" instead of "what." I do this to everybody. I have no idea if they understand or just think I'm nuts, but they always repeat what they said regardless.
I watch too much subbed anime and now I say "Oy." instead of "Hey." Few people seem to notice or care though.

I understand everything in Spanish, but I can't talk. I think my english is good, but I think I need a little more to say I'm fluent.
I want to learn Japanese and Korean, but I know it will be a major pain in the ***.

Welsh
German
French

a lil japanese too but of course i start my degree in Business & Japanese in september :D

I understand everything in Spanish, but I can't talk. I think my english is good, but I think I need a little more to say I'm fluent.
I want to learn Japanese and Korean, but I know it will be a major pain in the ***.

Well, I can't speak on your talking skills, but you're certainly fluent in typing English. If I didn't know otherwise I would've never suspected it wasn't your first language.

Well, I can't speak on your talking skills, but you're certainly fluent in typing English. If I didn't know otherwise I would've never suspected it wasn't your first language.

Thanks =P

It is easier to type, since you don't have to answer someone quickly, sometimes I forget some words and I kinda "freeze" when talking. I'm training so that I don't do that much.

I'm fluent in Japanese myself, and yes, it is a pain in the *** to learn, incredibly hard.

I can speak Latin pretty well...or at least I could. Now a days, I'm pretty rusty. I've taken two years of German as well, but the language courses at our high school blow, so I suck at that too.

I can only speak English (complete with my erudite charm), but BOY do I get the "You don't speak Arabic?" lecture from every arab I ever meet. :roll:

My days with my family and family friends in the Middle-East usually revolve around, "You don't speak, arabic? This is bad! You should learn! *speaks to me in arabic, I don't understand* Nothing at all! This is terrible!" And then my dad wonders why when he says, "Let's go out and meet some far distant member of the family less related to you than this bar of soap" and I say, "I'd rather stay in and be bitten my mosquitos". Pff.

English is my 2nd language, and I don't have an accent.

I will be learning french in the fall.

You have the EXACT same accent as a friend of mine. His first language was Spanish and was Puerto Rican as well.

I took three years of German. All that came out of it is that whenever I'm counting in my head its in German. I wish I knew other languages.

I can read French well enough and kind of understand it, but I can't speak it well.

I watch too much subbed anime and now I say "Oy." instead of "Hey." Few people seem to notice or care though.

They probably just think you're Jewish.

I can only speak English (complete with my erudite charm), but BOY do I get the "You don't speak Arabic?" lecture from every arab I ever meet. :roll:

My days with my family and family friends in the Middle-East usually revolve around, "You don't speak, arabic? This is bad! You should learn! *speaks to me in arabic, I don't understand* Nothing at all! This is terrible!" And then my dad wonders why when he says, "Let's go out and meet some far distant member of the family less related to you than this bar of soap" and I say, "I'd rather stay in and be bitten my mosquitos". Pff.

I used to get that when I went to Turkey with my dad.
"Your father is Turkish, why didn't he teach you the language?"

My friends and I are endlessly fascinated with the fact that the word "porque" means both "because" and "why".

Frequent exchange between us:

"Porque?"

"Porque."

"Porque?!"

"Porque!!!!"

I think this constitutes a second language.

Latest posts

Back