How will Ultimate Secret end?

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
How do you think Ultimate Secret will end? I only ask because I've been pondering the placements of Ultimates 2 in relation to Ultimate Secret and Ultimate Extinction on the timeline. I've been assuming (and I think others have as well, except for Ice) Extinction would follow Ultimates 2 due to the large scale of the threat Gah Lak Tus would provide, and no mention of it in Ultimates 2.

However, if Gah Lak Tus shows up at the end of Secret, this would lead directly into Extinction, meaning there wouldn't be a place for Ultimates 2 to occur in between. So what do you all think? We already know Secret comes before due to Thor's appearance in US #2, so do you think Extinction will fall before or after Ultimates 2?

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
How do you think Ultimate Secret will end? I only ask because I've been pondering the placements of Ultimates 2 in relation to Ultimate Secret and Ultimate Extinction on the timeline. I've been assuming (and I think others have as well, except for Ice) Extinction would follow Ultimates 2 due to the large scale of the threat Gah Lak Tus would provide, and no mention of it in Ultimates 2.

However, if Gah Lak Tus shows up at the end of Secret, this would lead directly into Extinction, meaning there wouldn't be a place for Ultimates 2 to occur in between. So what do you all think? We already know Secret comes before due to Thor's appearance in US #2, so do you think Extinction will fall before or after Ultimates 2?
Wo! Dont put my name in there! Just cuz I said from what MM said, dont meant nothin'! :evil:

I shun you DIrishB! SHUN!

Flashy Song-and-Dance finale

with lots of colored lights, and sparkly clothing.

Yup. Thats how it ends.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Flashy Song-and-Dance finale

with lots of colored lights, and sparkly clothing.

Yup. Thats how it ends.
Dont forget Gah Lak Tus tiping his hat and waving his dancing staff thingie. :p

DIrishB said:

I'm willing to bet that there has been no planning in this, and no communication between Millar and Ellis (or anyone else) that would help make sense of this. I believe that looking to the stories themselves to see how the fit together chronologically is an exercise in futility.

UltimateE said:
I'm willing to bet that there has been no planning in this, and no communication between Millar and Ellis (or anyone else) that would help make sense of this. I believe that looking to the stories themselves to see how the fit together chronologically is an exercise in futility.

I fully agree, which is why I'm starting to think that Extinction should in fact come before Ultimates 2.

Extinction's probably coming after U2 now thanks to uncarefully planning. Didn't someone say at the end of Ultimate Secret Gah Lak Tus arrives?

Well if he does, and Ult. Extinction is after U2, that means that Gah Lak and Tus are wandering the countryside with SHIELD either unaware or not prepared.

I was trying to remember...Did Captain America officially say this is my suit change in Ultimates 2, if he didn't then Ultimate Extinction could easily just be Cap's first chronilogical appearance of Cap's new suit.

And some say that it has to come after Ultimates 2. It's false logic to use lack of reference to reference something. Anybody could easily have talked about it just not in the scenes showed. For that Ultimate trilogy could remain in between Ultimates 1 and 2.

True. Maybe this is why the reason Cap gets a new uniform. More practical in battle?

Ultxon said:
And some say that it has to come after Ultimates 2. It's false logic to use lack of reference to reference something. Anybody could easily have talked about it just not in the scenes showed. For that Ultimate trilogy could remain in between Ultimates 1 and 2.

Indeed. The last thing the Ultimates 2 needs is pointless dialogue telling us Ultimate continuity so that it "all makes sense". Isn't that what the Ultimate universe is designed not to do?

If Gah Lak Tus has a story relevancy, you put it in. But since Ultimates 2 has no story elements with the Gah Lak Tus trilogy, mentioning him would be little more than a name drop.

Bass said:
Indeed. The last thing the Ultimates 2 needs is pointless dialogue telling us Ultimate continuity so that it "all makes sense". Isn't that what the Ultimate universe is designed not to do?
I thought it was for that, for no errors in continuity so everything is not confusing and thus making sense?

icemastertron said:
I thought it was for that, for no errors in continuity so everything is not confusing and thus making sense?

Yeah, like thats actually happened.

Anyway, the more I think about the cliffhanger ending we should expect from Ultimate Secret, I am 99% positive Big G will show up at the end, meaning Extinction will probably follow immediately after, so I'm adjusting the timeline to reflect this.

Last edited:
How do you think Ultimate Secret will end?

MAR-VEL WILL CONFRONT HIS FORMER SUPERIOR YAHN ROG(?) AFTER THE LATER THREATENS OR KILLS MAR-VEL'S BABE, PROVE HIMSELF TO THE U.D.I. TEAM, IMPRESS YOUNG DR RICHARDS, AND BECOME ALLY TO THE ULTIMATE EARTH COMMUNITY.

MARVEL(carrying American flag) FLIES INTO SUNSET WHILE IN PLANETARY ORBIT.

FADE TO BLACK.

ROLL CREDITS.

ARCHON said:
How do you think Ultimate Secret will end?

MAR-VEL WILL CONFRONT HIS FORMER SUPERIOR YAHN ROG(?) AFTER THE LATER THREATENS OR KILLS MAR-VEL'S BABE, PROVE HIMSELF TO THE U.D.I. TEAM, IMPRESS YOUNG DR RICHARDS, AND BECOME ALLY TO THE ULTIMATE EARTH COMMUNITY.

MARVEL(carrying American flag) FLIES INTO SUNSET WHILE IN PLANETARY ORBIT.

FADE TO BLACK.

ROLL CREDITS.

What about the obligatory audience-riling, tear jerker of a motivational speech given by Captain America right before they take on Galactus?

DIrishB said:
What about the obligatory audience-riling, tear jerker of a motivational speech given by Captain America right before they take on Galactus?
We....errr....I mean they had to cut it out since half way through the speech he gets blasted away and we bring in a stunt double to finish the rest.

Latest posts

Back