How would you rate Brian K. Vaughan's run on Ultimate X-Men?

How would you rate Brian Vaughan's run on Ultimate X-Men?

• Total voters
BKV did wonders on UXM.He really brought life to these characters and thanks to Immonen brought some fast paced action as well.I totally missed The Tempest but have every issue from Cry Wolf Pt.1 to the end of Magnetic North and what an arc the latter truly was.

You need to check the Tempest out. I thought that was the best UXM arc to date, actually. Just a fun issue picking up where all the other writers left off. Vaughan never missed a beat in those four issues.

Goodwill said:
You need to check the Tempest out. I thought that was the best UXM arc to date, actually. Just a fun issue picking up where all the other writers left off. Vaughan never missed a beat in those four issues.

Agreed. I started buying UXM regularly here (I now have all the issues). The art struck a chord with me too, it was very nice.

Side note: Just to let all you guys know, Entertainment Weekly (BEST MAG EVER) just put out their annual Best Of..... 2005. In their Top Ten Fiction Books of the year, one of them was Ex Machina (by BKV)! So a comic made it into the Books section!

Goodwill said:

I agree. That and the first arc was the best to date. His ultimatation of Sinister if the best to date.

Yes, you should all read Ex Machina. It's better than his UXM.

Got the Tempest arc today at my shop in comic form for a nice 8 bucks.My UXM BKV run is now complete!I thought it was great and BKV totally "got" the X-Men.Millar brought forth the action.Bendis gave us weak climaxes(Block Buster).But BKV delivered on all levels,but the characterization is simply remarkable.

Super_Human said:
Got the Tempest arc today at my shop in comic form for a nice 8 bucks.My UXM BKV run is now complete!I thought it was great and BKV totally "got" the X-Men.Millar brought forth the action.Bendis gave us weak climaxes(Block Buster).But BKV delivered on all levels,but the characterization is simply remarkable.

Yea I second that, BKV's run was excellent. Especially after reading Bendis' run where half of it felt like a wloverine/spiderman book as opposed to an X-men book.

Never voted on this. Well now I have. Thanks to MWoF for digging this up and ressurecting it.

4/5 stars. It was a very good run. Made all the better by how little I've enjoyed it since he left.

Latest posts

Back