How would you rate Brian K. Vaughan's run on Ultimate X-Men?

How would you rate Brian Vaughan's run on Ultimate X-Men?

• Total voters
icemastertron said:
Well, someone asked him on his board and this was his reply:
BKV said:
How would you have done Ult. X-men if you had started the title?
***I have no idea, honestly. I'd have to think about that. Despite being an *******, I think Millar did a pretty incredible job.

They always say that, it's standard practice to be on the verge of proposing marriage to anyone else in the job when questioned.

Last edited:
I personally think his arc, other than Longshot being a bad guy, was subpar.

He had unoriginal ideas, and a climatic ending that never really climaxed.

That's how I felt about it

Guijllons said:
They always say that, it's standard practice to be on the verge of proposing marriage to anyone else in the job when questioned.

Obviously, but I happen to agree.

The first arc was great and the best thing Millar did on UXM, IMO.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
Obviously, but I happen to agree.

The first arc was great and the best thing Millar did on UXM, IMO.
I wasn't keen on it at all. It was the beginning of my return to comics and it's what I had expected all comics to have evolved into. I hadn't realised that many were just as bad as they had always been. So as an outsider and return to comics I didn't think it was interesting in the slightest. Incredibly flawed and often very silly.

Why did you ever stick with UXM then?

Everyone has an opinion, but in this case AFAIK the general consensus is that Tomorrow People is the best Millar UXM arc.

E.Vi.L. said:
Why did you ever stick with UXM then?

Everyone has an opinion, but in this case AFAIK the general consensus is that Tomorrow People is the best Millar UXM arc.
I had 1 to.. whatever blockbuster is, downloaded. I read em all straight one afternoon. I liked the Ultimates and thought, since there isn't a lot to catch up on in this universe I may as well read the lot.

And yeah, people do seem to love it, I don't. I thought World tour was better written and Return to Weapon X more fun.

This about Vaughan guys. And Houde you're critique on it makes no sense too me? Unoriginal ultimizations and ideas? I think the 2 parter with LadyDeathstrike is the only thing I can say was unoriginal but it was about Logan in the first place so what were we expecting. What would you consider a climatic ending? Magneto causes all sorts of havok on everyone? Probably. Sorry but no.

You're saying Vaughan's run was cliche? No. Simple, maybe, but not cliche. I don't have anything wrong with simple, either... These were the most entertaining 17 issues of the series.

I meant to say, three AND under, by the way, because i'm not just picking on those two.

But yeah.

JQP... the Bum.

Nah...some people truly didn't like it. That's cool. Just like there are people who inexplicably like Ultimate Iron Man. :roll:

I gave him 4 stars.

Tempest

The best one. I loved his twist on Sinister.

Cry Wolf

Gambit's return was cool. I liked the refrences to him and Rogue. Rogue talking to Wolverine was cool. But I'm not really feeling Storm and Wolverine.

The Most Dangerous Game

I liked how he handled Arcade and Mojo. It was really well done. I like the twist at the end.

A Hard Lesson

I like this cause it showed the aftermath of them taking down the hellfire club. But the rest was meh. Expect for the end and his secret students.

Shock And Awe

I liked that Deathstrike had connections to Storm instead of Wolverine but the rest was meh.

Annual

This was really cool. Juggernaut rock.

Magnetic North.

I like the scenes between Alex and Scott. The escape was cool. I like the refrences to Apoclaypse.

Re: Rate BKV's run on UXM

Bass said:
When I say dull, I just remember when the issues were coming out and I just didn't really care. Tempest, Fenris, I can barely remember the arcs. As I said, when I got the first issue of "The Most Dangerous Game" I just went - Wow! This is great! - but that didn't really last. To me, it's been up and down. That said, when it was down, it was never bad. It was always good, but for most of it, I thought it was just a little - dull. I just wasn't into it, that's all.

Kinda like Ex Machina.

Not bad - just uninteresting to me.

Fenris was just a bad idea. Could have thought of better villains to drop into that spot that those freaky asexual twins. They suck in the normal universe

UltimateE said:
Nah...some people truly didn't like it. That's cool. Just like there are people who inexplicably like Ultimate Iron Man. :roll:

If everyone agreed, what would be the point in the site?

I found his stuff not to be that good. That's my opinion, not yours.

You may like salad, I don't, another opinion

Deal with it

Ultimate Houde said:
If everyone agreed, what would be the point in the site?

I found his stuff not to be that good. That's my opinion, not yours.

You may like salad, I don't, another opinion

Deal with it

I think you are agreeing with me, but I am very confused.

Latest posts

Back