How would you rate Ultimate Galactus Trilogy?

Rate Ultimate Galactus Trilogy. How did it do?

Votes: 4 5.8%

Votes: 23 33.3%

Votes: 27 39.1%

Votes: 8 11.6%

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Rate the entire trilogy. How did you think it did? Good, bad, somewhere in between? Vote and let us know what your thoughts.

Last edited:
Some good moments here and there, an interesting idea, but far too drawn out, both in number of issues and shipping schedule. Loved McNiven's art, the few issues he was on - what a great Captain Marvel. The Falcon was an interesting character intro, too.

I gave it a 3, which is the equivalent of a "C"

Last edited:
I gave it 3.

Nightmare and Secret were really strong....but Extinction was worthless to me. And without a strong ending....a story falls flat.

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:
I gave it 3.

Nightmare and Secret were really strong....but Extinction was worthless to me. And without a string ending....a story falls flat.
S'what happens when that string is cut.

3 from me as well. A number of cool ultimizations and idea's and some strong storypoints, but there was a lot of filler, Gah Lak Tus ultimately came off as a lot less unique than he should have, and the finale botched the job (even though Reeds nullifier was awesome).

Loved it. The whole thing. It didn't bother me that there were no major lasting effects, and I'm kind of glad that no one died. We got some fantastic ultimizations in Captain Marvel, Falcon, and Silver Surfer. In fact, the only thing I didn't like was Raney's awful art in Secret #3-4.

Ellis wrote Reed and Sue better than he did when he was on Ultimate Fantastic Four.

The tie-in with the real-life Tunguska event was genius.

Although it ended on a bit of a whimper, Secret started out brilliantly.

I even loved how Ellis updated the names of Marvel and Galactus.

Brilliant. 5/5.

E said:
In fact, the only thing I didn't like was Raney's awful art in Secret #3-4.

Hmm.....funny. I say that because the only art I didn't like was the art from Extinction. I thought the art/coloring was awful.

Nightmare was creepy, and had a good ending with a promise of more

Secret was poo

Extinction had interesting ultimizations in an otherwise pointless exercise. I'm sure 2 1/2 years ago, this all sounded quite interesting. Not awful, but not much redeeming - 2 stars for me.

Ultimate Wolverine/Hulk (OK, a little early to tell) and Ultimates 2 maintain a following in spite of delays because EVERY issue has repercussions and interesting, even shocking moments. This really did not (for me) after Nightmare.

Just my opinion (hey...some give IT two stars! :) )

I liked Nightmare, Secret had potential but fell flat, and Extinction just sucked. I mean, the only way Extinction could have been worse was if Xavier defeated Gah Lak Tus with the power of human emotions or Phoenix was unleashed to totally flatten them. Which I was honestly worried about when they showed Jean in the machine on one of the covers.

1/5.

I liked Nightmare, the first half of Secret, didn't really like the Vision thing, and I haven't read all of Extinction yet. When it comes out in trade, I'll buy that.

Ice said:
What's wrong Vic? Can't get sarcasm yourself?

Dude....I wrote that at like 6am. You try to be funny at 6am. :roll:

:p

Ice said:
And I still need to read issue 5 of Extinction. Friggin' late paycheck

It sucked worse than Adam Sandler's "Little Nicky".....

MaxwellSmart said:
Well you clearly didn't understand the complexities of Adam Sandlers character. :p

You mean the "good son of the devil who has a speech impediment because he got hit in the face/head with a shovel"?

Hmmmm......maybe I did. :lol:

Victor Von Doom said:
You mean the "good son of the devil who has a speech impediment because he got hit in the face/head with a shovel"?

Hmmmm......maybe I did. :lol:
That was an allagory to the struggle of the proletariat against communist russia I'll have you know.:roll:

MaxwellSmart said:
That was an allagory to the struggle of the proletariat against communist russia I'll have you know.:roll:

Thanks for schooling me. Now lemme say "Back On Topic" before we scolded........ :lol:

Latest posts

Back