I Am Legend (Spoilers)

Re: I Am Legend

I'm still very skeptical about this and CLOVERFIELD.

I don't feel the premise is sustainable for an entire movie.

At some point, Will Smith has to meet someone - and if they're zombies... I've seen that. It's not very exciting. I dunno.

Re: I Am Legend

I'm still very skeptical about this and CLOVERFIELD.

I don't feel the premise is sustainable for an entire movie.

At some point, Will Smith has to meet someone - and if they're zombies... I've seen that. It's not very exciting. I dunno.
Don't be. It was a great movie. Very well done.

And no, there are no zombies.

Hmm... I did enjoy CAST AWAY for the most part... and I like Will Smith.

I still have trepidations, but if I get the chance, I'll give it go.

I liked it, but they could have done better on the CGI though. Everything else was great.
I thought the CGI was great, really. Maybe a better job for the dogs, but even then it was still good.

Just got back from this. I thought it was excellent. Will Smith was incredible, and the exposition and everything up to the climax was superb, the ending was the only thing that was sub-par in my mind. 9/10 More thoughts to come.
I have to agree about the ending. It did feel sub-par at best.

I really thought the movie was amazing. Will Smith gave a great performance throughout the whole movie, most especially when he was alone. The 'interaction' he had with the dog and the surrounding was great and to be honest, it was really believeable. His emotions didn't feel "fake" at all. I can't wait to get this on DVD.

9.75/10

I just saw a clip on Jonathan Ross' show, and Will Smith was being interviewed.

The man is so ****ing charming, I'm going to try to watch every film he's ever done.

He found a cure and gave it to this woman and kid to take with him, and blew himself up with a mass of the diseased to let them escape.

So not close to the book, and you guys know he is in talks to do a sequel?

Oh and the book ended with him being captured by the Still Living, where he's tried as a monster, he commits suicide as he realizes he's become the Legendary Monster to them.

Hence....THE TITLE.

Last edited:

Oh and the book ended with him being captured by the Still Living, where he's tried as a monster, he commits suicide as he realizes he's become the Legendary Monster to them.

Hence....THE TITLE.
That's definetly how it should've ended.

Did you read the book?

Nope.

Hence....THE TITLE.

Oooh, that's a much better ending.

There's a huge difference in tone between the film and the book.

In the book, he was more bitter and paranoid. In the film he's almost resigned to his fate and calm for most of the film. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie greatly (until the end, a lil too formulaic for my tastes).

There's a huge difference in tone between the film and the book.

In the book, he was more bitter and paranoid. In the film he's almost resigned to his fate and calm for most of the film. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie greatly (until the end, a lil too formulaic for my tastes).
I wonder how the two previous installments followed the book.

Latest posts

Back