I Finally Did It (horrific news, Ultimate U fans)

Nas-T!

I dropped USM. I usually buy my issues in 'bulk' (i.e. a whole arc at a time, but in single issues) so, this time, when I turned up at the store and saw the 'Silver Sable' arc and the first part of 'Deadpool' there I just said "no. i'm dropping these".
I'll probably be back for 'Clone Saga'. Maybe even for Morbius. But no sooner.

I also dropped UXM before reading Kirkman's first issue. Sorry, Robert, but I just can't afford it.

I doubt I'll get Ultimates 3 (except for Huston's annual) because this series is developing into the 'Jurassic Park 3' of sequels! :lol:

And UFF will probably go buh-bye with the end of Millar and Land's run. Wow. It's so sad. So very, very sad.

On the plus side, I ordered 'The Flash: Fastest Man Alive'; '52'; 'Batman' and I'm planning on adding 'Blue Beetle'; 'Justice League of America'; 'Superman'; 'Action Comics' and 'Detective Comics' to that list.
I'll miss you Ultimate Universe. I really will.

:(

Nas-T! said:
I dropped USM. ...

...On the plus side, I ordered 'The Flash: Fastest Man Alive'; '52'; 'Batman' and I'm planning on adding 'Blue Beetle'; 'Justice League of America'; 'Superman'; 'Action Comics' and 'Detective Comics' to that list.

Nur is going to ask Ice to ban you.

moonmaster said:
Nur is going to ask Ice to ban you.
I'm shaking. But what do you think?

Victor Von Doom said:
He just couldn't hang with the Ultimateness. They were just too ultimate for him. :lol:
Ooo!

That's the problem with Ultimate fans. You don't see beyond the horizon to the setting sun.

Um...congratulations?

Nas-T! said:
I'm shaking. But what do you think?
I think its fine. The UU seems to be on a bit of a downward slope these days, anyway. Right now I read U2, UFF, and UE. I'll definitely give U3 a shot, and the same for Cary and Ferry's UFF. I'll most likely skip Ultimate Invasion and I might try out Ultimate Power. I don't think the future of the UU looks very bright at all.

You know what? I'm slowly phasing out too, cuz I'm going to college... I'm buying more Wildstorm things as of late anyways (authority, planetary) and i may keep up with the trades for the Ultimates 3. But I am dropping the rest.

I dropped UFF after they turned Namor into a criminal rapist (i didnt even get the last issue of the arc)

I dropped USM after Hob-Monster.

I dropped UXM after Rogue and Bobby decided "let's go Bang!"

so... i guess that's it for me too ('cept for Ultimates :-D )

Nas-T! said:
I dropped USM. I usually buy my issues in 'bulk' (i.e. a whole arc at a time, but in single issues) so, this time, when I turned up at the store and saw the 'Silver Sable' arc and the first part of 'Deadpool' there I just said "no. i'm dropping these".
I'll probably be back for 'Clone Saga'. Maybe even for Morbius. But no sooner.

I also dropped UXM before reading Kirkman's first issue. Sorry, Robert, but I just can't afford it.

I doubt I'll get Ultimates 3 (except for Huston's annual) because this series is developing into the 'Jurassic Park 3' of sequels! :lol:

And UFF will probably go buh-bye with the end of Millar and Land's run. Wow. It's so sad. So very, very sad.

On the plus side, I ordered 'The Flash: Fastest Man Alive'; '52'; 'Batman' and I'm planning on adding 'Blue Beetle'; 'Justice League of America'; 'Superman'; 'Action Comics' and 'Detective Comics' to that list.
I'll miss you Ultimate Universe. I really will.

Are you high? Dropping USM now that its getting good again, and not even giving the new writers of UFF and U3 a chance? And your replacing the ultimate universe for.......DC?!?!?!?!?!?!!????

Your a dumbass.

E! Ban him!

216_4_007.jpg

See what you did?

I was actually implying Nas-T!, who is now purchasing more DC...

But I'm sure you had a hand in it as well...

If you know what i mean.

:wink:

I'm doing more of the same thing actually. DC's OYL stuff is interesting me more than the UU ever has. I feel sad.

Nas, PM me and I'll tell you about the glory of P2P programmes sometime.

marvelman said:
I dropped UFF after they turned Namor into a criminal rapist (i didnt even get the last issue of the arc)
Namor's a rapist? Did I miss something or just forget it? Cos I'm sure he was a confirmed super-criminal of Atlantis...and I'm sure he was an a-hole cos he hit Sue (among other, more superhero-fair stuff)...but was he confirmed to be an actual rapist!?

marvelman said:
I dropped USM after Hob-Monster.
I should've done it then as well...but I digress.
And this was my last Spidey book, too. I dropped ASM after "Sins Past", dropped MKSM after #12 and dropped FNSM after only picking up #5...new costume and all that.

marvelman said:
I dropped UXM after Rogue and Bobby decided "let's go Bang!"
That DID seem weird...even though I didn't read it. But whatever, Kirkman can have me for the launch of Ant-Man...after that I is unsure where I'll see his name on a book again.
I only buy MTU if the arc/characters interest me. "League of Losers", for example, was something that interests/interested me.

marvelman said:
so... i guess that's it for me too ('cept for Ultimates :-D )
Yeah, well, I gotta drop Ultimates to make the whole thing complete. I like Loeb (so I may just pick up #1) and I like Mad's art, but I'm not mad about the whole 'superhero' angle they're bringing to the book, especially with how much I'm enjoying what's happening in U2 right now.
Sorry, boys.

Nurhachi said:
Are you high? Dropping USM now that its getting good again, and not even giving the new writers of UFF and U3 a chance? And your replacing the ultimate universe for.......DC?!?!?!?!?!?!!????

Your a dumbass.

E! Ban him!
I think you've just been added to that list I have of people I think are idiots at Ultimate Central. There are a few of you...but you're there. And there's no need to ban me for dropping Ultimate books at all. It's a free internet, after all.

Dr.Strangefate said:
216_4_007.jpg

See what you did?
Note the words "World's Finest Comics" above the three horndogs! And personally I'm just glad Wonder Woman isn't sitting where Robin is!! :D

Nas...out!

Nas-T! said:

i liked jurassic park 3, certainly better than 2 which was the worst. if your use of the jurassic park films to the ultimates vols 1-3, it should should indicate that the first was really good for its time, 2 was trying to be like the first one and emulate it's success, and the 3rd was just a bit diff but alot darker and violent.

all in all if 3 is as good as 1 and 2 then i think most of us will be happy :D

(im sure i had a point there are maybe the initial post was a bit pointless :p )

Last edited:
Nas-T! said:
I think you've just been added to that list I have of people I think are idiots at Ultimate Central. There are a few of you...but you're there. And there's no need to ban me for dropping Ultimate books at all. It's a free internet, after all.

:shock: Those arnt love words!

Latest posts

Back