I give you the ALL NEW AMERICAN GLADIATORS!

I DON'T GET "BET ON IT!" WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT!?
Maybe if this 'Crush' knew how to snap and walk at the same time, I'd get this show.

After watching the show last night I realized something. Helga sucks at her job. It's like she can't even stop anyone in the Guantlet thing.

Man, they need to change up the Eliminator for the finals, or else Evan winning is gonna be a lock. A minute and twenty-three seconds?! The guy's half-hummingbird mixed with cheetah blood or something. He looked like he could have run it again afterwards too is the sick part.

Ok, so the finals are going to go down as I expected, Evan and Andy (honestly, WHO cares about the women's?) and, barring some kind of MAJOR upset, I think Evan winning it is a lock. So, I guess the question we really have to start asking ourselves is. . .

What is his Gladiator name and gimmick going to be?

Personally, I think they should go with something that emphasizes his energy or speed. Like Zippy.

Or maybe his name could be "The Event" and every time he's up against someone, Hogan could tell them "You've got an Event on your horizon."

On another note, I think we need to decide what kind of buddy movie we could cast Titan and The Wolf in.

I gotta say I miss the old last leg of the Eliminator. It used to be that they sprinted down a track at th very end with 3(or 4) lanes. At the end of each lane was a frame with a paper cover that they had to burst through. Some had Gladiators behind them and other didn't. It added a little more uncertainty to the whole thing.

I gotta say I miss the old last leg of the Eliminator. It used to be that they sprinted down a track at th very end with 3(or 4) lanes. At the end of each lane was a frame with a paper cover that they had to burst through. Some had Gladiators behind them and other didn't. It added a little more uncertainty to the whole thing.

That was the first incarnation, wasn't it?

I miss how the Gladiators use to be in the Eliminator period, either throwing balls or shooting them with water.

Last edited:
That was the first incarnation, wasn't it?

I miss how the Gladiators use to be in the Eliminator period, either throwing balls or shooting them with water.

Yep. I used to watch it every Sunday afternoon when I was a kid. I even went to see it live one. It was perfect Sunday afternoon TV.

Yeah, I miss that too, I'd really like to see it introduced back somehow. However, I'd like it to be in the middle (say between the handbike and the pyramid) so it could provide some equalization to the last leg of the event.

Evan is officially not human. A MINUTE NINETEEN on the Eliminator?! And he didn't even look like he was going as fast as he could. I hope he stays on as a Gladiator and they say outlandish things like, "He has lightning for blood" in his Gladiator introductions. The muppet he was up against lost with consummate style, though.

Oh yeah, the women competed too.

Latest posts

Back