Iceman, Rogue, and Kitty triangle

Goodwill

Could you start a new forum with those last few posts, UltimateE? That would be good... "Life after Cajun". ;)

In #50, things start to boil between Icem, Rogue, and Kitty... Do you think that this will allow Iceman to take the lead or a bigger position on the team seeing as how it's his girlfriend that Gambit has taken? I'd love that!

Hmmm...an interesting question.

I'd say no, because at this point they don't seem real close, for reasons he & Kitty discussed. I think that kiss is going to do something to both of them, and Rogue will be watching from the stands.

Im not sure Rogue will be watching either of them.. an upcoming cover shows her and Gambit kissing.. which I kind of think is gross.. since she is like.. 16 in this.. and I am doubting he is under 25.. kinda like Wolvie hitting on Jean when you realize Wolvie was alive (yes preserved by his healing factor but still alive and a soldier) during WWII and Jean isnt even 20 yet.... or maybe Im just jealous cos I havent had a girlfriend in over a year... shutup

Welcome to the boards!

If you'll notice in his speech in and how he acts, Gambit is just a little older than Rogue, I don't see any real trouble with that. The only thing is the relationship with this girl that resembles Callisto... If he was in a deep relationship with this person, that would have to indicate something, right? His maturity, no? Iceman and Rogue lack this, but Gambit doesn't. That's the only thing that is up in the air with him, but other than that I don't see any problems.

Also, the kiss between the two of them has already occured. If you'll notice in #51, they kiss only because Rogue is trying to get free and she does so by kissing him to take his powers. Something easily done without getting intimate. We'll see though, I'm most interested in what the kiss became... Which was virtually a window to Gambit's character.

the kiss might have already occured.. I have that issue.. but there is still a coming issue with the kiss on the COVER like I said in the first place.. issue 53 the conclusion to the "cry wolf" storyline..

Well you got to remember this:

What's on the cover, doesn't necessarily mean it's going to happen within the issue. But it is possible.

It wouldn't surprise me if Rogue ditches the X-men for Gambit after being betrayed by Bobby and Kitty and helps Gambit and the Fenris twins form the Ultimate Marauders (as industrial spies rather than the 616 versions)

I dunno about that. I'd like to see characters that are a lot less bipolar than the 616 versions. First Rogue's evil... then she's good... then she's gonna be evil again? And then probably good? Besides, it's been mentioned that Fenris is blackmailing Gambit essentially, so if anything, if Gambit and Rogue team up, Gambit is heading to the X-Mansion, or he and Rogue are taking off.

Besides, it's been mentioned that Fenris is blackmailing Gambit essentially, so if anything, if Gambit and Rogue team up, Gambit is heading to the X-Mansion, or he and Rogue are taking off.

That's how I'm seeing as a possibility too. Rogue wouldn't just go with Gambit and the Fenris twins. If at any chance she does decides to leave the X-Men, there ain't no chance in hell that she would join up with the Fenris twins.

Where was it mentioned that Gambit was being blackmailed. I assumed from his comments (I found a better clan to run wit now, I would never have been able to make this shot before) to mean he wasn't and i don't remember anything from issue 51 to change that. I might have forgotten but i am still assuming he is working with them voluntarily.

Yeah, I didn't take it as him being blackmailed either, essentially or no. It is assumed that he signed a contract, and in exchange for his services they cleaned him up a little. By all accounts he's happy with the deal.

Correct... He may have been tired with living on the streets and having to save girls that, many have said, was Jubilee.

He may have been tired with living on the streets and having to save girls that, many have said, was Jubilee.

Yeah, I somehow doubt that the girl is Jubilee. Don't think that thwy would make her that young.

But the reason people saying that the Fenris twins are blackmailing Gambit is because on the description for issue #52 says that the Fenris twins got information on a very shady past and they'll spill their guts if Gambit doesn't do what they say.

Well, it was all speculation, Ice. A very unintelligent member on X-Fan posted about the little girl being Jubilee. Unintelligent in terms of comics, not intellect, mind. I doubted that girl would be Jubilee as well.

Also, why not make Jubes that young? It could bring some very interesting things to the table... For instance, it would give Iceman, Shadowcat, Rogue, and Angel a sense of superiority and it would give people like Colossus to shine when he tries to embrace her as a sarogate sister or something. Who knows.

Well, it looks like the Fenris Twins will have something to do with his past, which is good... We'll be able to see what Gambit's all about in these four issues. That's good writing right there, guys. Black mailed or not, I'm ready for this issue!

To be honest, i thought he was working for the Fenris twins because they were helping him with his powers- the same deal they offered Rogue.

Caduceus said:
Where was it mentioned that Gambit was being blackmailed. I assumed from his comments (I found a better clan to run wit now, I would never have been able to make this shot before) to mean he wasn't and i don't remember anything from issue 51 to change that. I might have forgotten but i am still assuming he is working with them voluntarily.
UltimateE said:
Yeah, I didn't take it as him being blackmailed either, essentially or no. It is assumed that he signed a contract, and in exchange for his services they cleaned him up a little. By all accounts he's happy with the deal.
Caduceus said:
To be honest, i thought he was working for the Fenris twins because they were helping him with his powers- the same deal they offered Rogue.
Umm... take a look? Been up here for like, two months or so now.
Solicits Page said:
"CRY WOLF" PART 3 (OF 4) It's the Ultimate X-Men versus the Fenris twins – with Rogue and Gambit in the middle! The Fenris twins threaten to expose Gambit's past sins – and they are legion – unless he obeys them. But, with Rogue on the other side, to whom will the Ragin' Cajun finally lend his loyalty?
Considering my father was a career con-artist before the Feds got him... I know blackmail when I see it. And that, unless you're really deluding yourself, is blackmail.

Well, nicely put, J. Yeah, I totally agree and I've thought it was blackmail from the beginning. Remember guys, since the Fenris Twins only just appeared, we don't know much about them, let alone their actual relationship with Gambit.

I am thinking that Gambit will side with Rogue. It's not like exposing his memories and all will matter to the X-Men anymore because, well, they already know about them because Rogue extracted them from his head. He may have been blackmailed from the start and lending his loyalty to the X-Men won't be a problem...

Well, then you're alright. I just think that whoever said it wasn't made an impulsive decision based on what we've seen when, in fact, there is more to be seen. That's all.

Yeah, whenever someone has information on you that they might use on you that can or is very dangerous to you, or whatever, and your forced to do whatever they say so they don't go saying anything, is blackmail.

Latest posts

Back