IGN.com's Preview of Ultimate Human #1

I was looking at this with t.A.T.u.'s cover of The Smith's "How Soon Is Now?" and for some reason it felt very appropriate to Ultimate Hulk and Iron Man.

Seriously.

Haha! That looks cool!

I would have liked to have the Wolvering vs. Hulk mini finished before this started up, but I am looking forward to it.

Aye, me too. Especially given that Lindelof's been out of a job for two months.

Although. . .isn't Hulk supposed to be smart now? What happened to that?

Haha! That looks cool!

I would have liked to have the Wolvering vs. Hulk mini finished before this started up, but I am looking forward to it.

Me too... it pisses me off every time is see the spots in my collection that are blank. I got everything in order or as close as I can get with DIrishB's timeline. And just seeing those empty spots just remind me how ridiculously long it's been taking to get the last four issues out.

Last edited:
Aye, me too. Especially given that Lindelof's been out of a job for two months.

Although. . .isn't Hulk supposed to be smart now? What happened to that?

Stark mentions Hulk was more coherent the last time he saw him (ULTIMATES 2 #13) in the preview.

It looks like it might be good.

They could have made something else than this. we already have a book with iron man and one with hulk...

This seems like an interesting idea...

Isn't the Leader supposed to show up? What if he's just another personality of Bruce's? The smart side of the Hulk? At, first when I saw Banner in that Richard suit I thought it was a new character that would soon become the Leader... Who knows.

According to new solicits, Pete Wisdom will appear in this. Actually looks alright so far, which is a shame seeing as how I've sworn off the Ultimate line.

According to new solicits, Pete Wisdom will appear in this. Actually looks alright so far, which is a shame seeing as how I've sworn off the Ultimate line.

Seeing this, hear how Ultimate Spider-Man has been lately, and see the coming of Ultimate Apocalypse. has peek your intress in the UU again, hasn't it?

Seeing this, hear how Ultimate Spider-Man has been lately, and see the coming of Ultimate Apocalypse. has peek your intress in the UU again, hasn't it?

I've no love for Apocalypse in any way, shape or form and even Immonens stellar artwork on USM is not enough to make me ignore Bendis' hackery on that title.

So, no, not really.

Apocalypse is a cool villian.

If he ever won anything.

Instead he shows up, threatens the world, becomes part of a massive crossover of the X titles, and then loses.

Everytime.

He hasn't won ****.

:lol:

Oh...were you being serious?

:-|

I am really looking forward to this now.

And I agree with Watcher and Lynx. USM and UXM have both been fun reads. Since Immonen has come on, not only has the art done a 180 and added life to the title, Bendis has injected a large amount of his early USM flavoring to the title. UXM has definitly been given a very large 90s X-title influence, which could've been a very bad thing, but I personally think Kirkman's been handling the title well overall.

Oh yeah, and Ice, can you not see the influence of the 90's X-Men on the UXM title now? I remember you had asked about that in another thread. Sorry to go off topic.

Last edited:
They could have made something else than this. we already have a book with iron man and one with hulk...

Yeah, but Loeb looked at all the interesting things and plots going on in the Ultimates and realized they were nothing to his genius and went and did his Spidey/Wolverine story with the Avengers guest staring.

Ultimate Human will be good.

EDIT:

I agree with DiB, Lynx, and Watcher. Add in Ultimate Human and the UU is getting better but it might be too little too late since we have no idea what Ultimatum will do besides Loeb's writing it.

Last edited:
I agree with DiB, Lynx, and Watcher. Add in Ultimate Human and the UU is getting better but it might be too little too late since we have no idea what Ultimatum will do besides Loeb's writing it.

Unless they're just ****ing with us, I'm pretty sure it's the destuction of the Ultimate Universe. I mean. . .the Ultimate Marvel Sampler's sidebar even says "The Destruction of the Ultimate Universe".

Of course, that could mean a reboot. Which, honestly, would be stupid, but that's what it looks like.

Both options are ill-advised.

Listen, I like the UU and I'm not going to ***** and moan too much if it all comes to an end, but to make a satisfying ending...it takes planning on all the books to LEAD to that end and the end must make sense and be handled properly.

Loeb just seems to come out of nowhere declare "This is how it ends!" and interrupt all the books in the process. Even without the snarky Loeb jokes, this is a bad idea; this is not how you end a story that has taken dozens of artists and over five years to tell. It needs to be taken seriously.

But go ahead, end the UU in a mess of punching and nonsense. If that's how it ends then it and Wildstorm will be remembered for what they could have been instead of what they became.

Latest posts

Back