Illuminati - Planet Hulk connection

thee great one said:

Then WTF?

Exactly. Now, do this with me. :arrgh:

TheManWithoutFear said:
but I would like to see Hulk take a more crucial role in the marvel universe.

Me too! But I don't see why, "to make him crucial" means to have your major characters who are supposed to be heroes act, not only like jerks, but IDIOTS - LAZY idiots at that - in a pathetic attempt to create conflict in the MU.

Jesus, this is THE HULK. If you can't have conflict between the Hulk and the Marvel Universe without having your characters do completely absurd and stupid things, then you should be fired as a writer.

Millar seems to do it fine in the Ultimates.

Seriously, how much cooler would it have been if Avengers Disassembled was all Hulk's fault?

It's completely within character, and it would make him the catalyst for the Civil War, encroaching him as a very crucial element to the MU.

it did seem really out of reed's character and the rest of the illuminati crew for that matter. just that little bit of dialouge from reed seemed really awkard, not natural from reed at all. combine that with this insane action taken by the illuminati and it just seems really out of character....but....

but i do love me some crazy hulk smash action

TheManWithoutFear said:
According to Bruce Jones run she woke up, got plastic surgery, infiltrated Home Base (who was after Hulk), and reunited with Bruce only to be left by him. Then Hulk ended up on some island where he refought all of these opponents. The island turned out to be the edge of some dream reality where Nightmare had manipulated everything from Bruce Jones run... So Betty was still laying somewhere from the radiation but apparently not dead. The arc ended with her washing up on the shores of the island greeted by General "Thunderbolt" Ross, who was actually Nightmare in disguise.
Yeah and doesnt see just have cancer, that takes some time to kill

selfproclaimed said:
it did seem really out of reed's character and the rest of the illuminati crew for that matter. just that little bit of dialouge from reed seemed really awkard, not natural from reed at all. combine that with this insane action taken by the illuminati and it just seems really out of character....but....

... but it'll turn out to be Skrull imposters pretending to be the Illuminati so that they could get rid of Hulk without him realising they were to blame and thus break up the Marvel Heroes.

Which is even more implausible.

But extremely probable.

Bass said:
So the most humane thing is to betray and exile him to an alien world so he can go completely insane.

Or you know, they could try to give him his intelligence and recreate the "Smart Hulk" variant.

Or have Black Bolt, who has trained himself to not speak, not even during his sleep, teach Banner how to keep calm.

Or implant a transporter in his brain so that when he becomes the Hulk it teleports him to a holding pen on the moon, and it can teleport him back to Earth once he revers to Banner.

****, they could even have Betty offer to become a female Hulk in a kind of "Bride of Frankenstein" way to give him peace and keep him out of trouble. That could even be funny.

And that's if you find it impossible that the combined might of Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Mister Fantastic, Professor X, Namor, and Black Bolt cannot cure the Hulk or find a way to help him live with his current state in relative peace.

And if you overlook the fact that those same people don't need to wait for Nick Fury to send Hulk into space to get rid of him. Can't they just teleport him there themselves? He wouldn't get ****ing lost that way.

The least Marvel could have done was have the Hulk do something absolutely atrocious so that the Illuminati has a reason to get rid of Hulk forever - like, oh I don't know... KILL THE AVENGERS?!

Instead of making Scarlet Witch crazy and evil, have the Hulk do the thing everyone's been terrified of him doing. Have him actually, properly, kill the Avengers. Then, you have the Illuminati punish him in this horrific and cruel way (it may be neccessary, but it's cruel). When the Hulk returns, the sides must be taken between those who agree with the Illuminati and those that think there were other options available, because hell, Banner's as much of a victim as the Avengers.

Instead, the Illuminati are self-preserving *******s who are worried he might do something bad and so they banish him forever to Hell... AFTER HE SAVES THE WORLD (Whose side are YOU on? The misunderstood monster who saved the world and was unfairly banished? Or the self-serving pieces of **** who do nothing, claim complete rulership of the planet, and banished a poor misunderstood monster - who just saved the world - for all time because they couldn't be bothered to think of another way to deal with a potential threat? It's a toughy!)

All of which has nothing to do with anything else going on, but is supposed to tie into it all later when they can think of a way to shoehorn the Hulk into the story.

**** it.
*stands up*

*slowly begins to clap*

*others join in*

Bass said:
Exactly. Now, do this with me. :arrgh:

:arrgh: :arrgh:

Seriously, how much cooler would it have been if Avengers Disassembled was all Hulk's fault?

That would of been a hell of a lot cooler.

But that would mean no House Of M...

:D

Last edited:
Don't be.

I shall lead it into paradise.

Or a really big chasm that has a sign outside saying, "Paradise Under Construction".

Either way, I'm pretty sure once we get where we're going - we won't be coming back.

So... um... enjoy the ride.

Maybe they're just afraid of any further outbreaks. He's been smart, calm, and "cured" it seems in the past, but the beast inevitably always seems to come back.

Don't get me wrong though, they're all still acting like dicks.

Bass said:
Don't be.

I shall lead it into paradise.

Or a really big chasm that has a sign outside saying, "Paradise Under Construction".

Either way, I'm pretty sure once we get where we're going - we won't be coming back.

So... um... enjoy the ride.
It'll be good in the end? Reassurances of paradise? :sure:

Isn't that Bendis logic?

ourchair said:
It'll be good in the end? Reassurances of paradise? :sure:

Isn't that Bendis logic?

*gasp*

Those Illuminati bastards sending Hulk away to a far off galaxy.Wow,Reed and Tony are going to have some BIGTIME explaining to do.

Latest posts

Back