In The Year 2009...

ourchair

Here in the future, it is already the year 2009. We're celebrating at my place by taking the new jet pack out for a spin!

Happy New Year, everyone.

Feel free to use this thread to post New Year's resolutions, predictions and personal hopes for the year 2009!

Are these words from the future?

**** yeah, the free jetpacks rule. I can't believe
CENSORED UNTIL 2009
would hand them out like that!

Though we are also back to a shortage of chairs.

So what did you people achieve in 2008? I finally read Sandman. I completed high school. I planned my future by preparing to move to Australia. I started turning my interest in film into a serious idea. And I've started to read consistently.

In 2009, I hope to actually get a job, apply to University and do a Film course that I enjoy, read and write consistently, watch at least an hour of preferably new media (a movie or a few episodes of a TV series) a day, and actually enjoy life for a while. I am excited.

Last edited:
I got my first job, worked nearly full time, liked it a lot it first and then grew to depise it. I shudder at the thought of going back there now.

I saw Donnie Darko.

I met completely randomly Mark McKinney, a lifelong comedy icon of mine, and didn't make a fool out of myself at all.

I flew on an airplane for the first time, I met Gothamite in person, I saw Paris and Rome and Prague and tons of Europe and its treasures.

I started University, liked it all right at first but it eventually turned out that it was pretty much pointless and only one of my credits from this term is going to count towards the Film Studies major I (hopefully get accepted/) go into next year, so now I have to wait a whole 'nother 8 months, just like 2008, to "really" start University.

It was fun though.

I asked out a girl for the first time(I'd only dated girls who'd asked me out before that). I was turned down but she immeadiately became one of my best friends at Uni.

I graduated from high school and started college. I became serious about writing and started reading a lot more. I wrote two 15+ page papers and god knows how many pages of fiction.

I learned the true joys of sleep. I grew accustomed to the city (somewhat) and constant commuting. I met great people at college. I saw far fewer films than I did in 2007.

I developed musical taste surprisingly quick. I have since listened to somewhere past 60 albums and EPs (and counting!) released in 2008 and written about many of them. I got an iPod Touch. (Truly a life-changing experience.) I inadvertently became an indie hipster. I started and abandoned several blogs.

I voted for Barack Obama. I did not vote for John McCain. My interest in politics reached some sort of crazy limit by the end of the election and I can now only force myself to be casually interested in it.

And I was just generally awesome.

In 2009, I'd like to get a job (not really, but I probably should), lose a bit of weight, learn the guitar, and maybe start thinking about moving out. (though I don't expect to actually do it this year.)
I created life.

Seriously.

I WIN.
:roll: I had four illegitimate children with different people and animals in 2008, you don't see me bragging.

Last edited:
So what did you people achieve in 2008?

What I archived in 2008
  • I let my girlfriend move in. It was a little weird and scary at first but now I can't even think of going back to how it was.
  • I made a new sandwich that is to die for
  • I got a ps3
  • I successfully changed jobs

Is it wrong that a new sandwich is on my list of things I've done in 2008? Yeah besides the first and last one it's been an uneventful year for mole.

What I archived in 2008
  • I let my girlfriend move in. It was a little weird and scary at first but now I can't even think of going back to how it was.
  • I made a new sandwich that is to die for
  • I got a ps3
  • I successfully changed jobs

Is it wrong that a new sandwich is on my list of things I've done in 2008? Yeah besides the first and last one it's been an uneventful year for mole.

It is wrong that you somehow put these things into some kind of weird, creepy archive for people in the future to discover. You sick freak.

I created a thread about the New Year before TOG did.

Kidding aside, this is about the year 2009. Not 2008, which is what TOG's thread is for.

What kind of things do you want to happen to the comic industry, or what do you want from movies? What kind of social commitments do you plan to make, or plan to break? What futures do you foresee as inevitable, what forecast do you hold for humanity?

Last edited:
Happy New Year from ......CANADA! hooray!

Welcome to the future

OH NOES
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/January_1

January 1
2009: A time rift has destroyed the planet Quintesson and is now threatening to consume both Earth and Cybertron

This is what 2009 dresses like
Danieluk.jpg

Thank god for shortpacked

It is wrong that you somehow put these things into some kind of weird, creepy archive for people in the future to discover. You sick freak.

:lol::lol: to be fair two are important .

In 2008 I

• Traveled more, going to Columbus, Detroit, Cleveland, Indianapolis, and LA
  • Got a new job thats more than just register jockey
  • played MTG at the proffesional level and didn't embaress myself
  • was a vital cog in a political campaign

In 2009 I
  • Became an uncle (its happening right now in Erie)
  • will see one movie a week theatricaly and blog about it
  • will do my damndest to get back on the pro tour
  • will finaly lose some weight.

No worldbreaking aspirations, but I really want to pull them off.

Latest posts

Back