IN YOUR OPINION-The best Ultimate modernization!

The best Ultimate modernization!

• The Ultimates

Votes: 43 70.5%
  • Ultimate Fantastic Four

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Ultimate X-Men

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Ultimate Spider-Man

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

Atomyth

This is your opinion, so there is no wrong answer. Just pick the core Ultimate title that you think did and is still doing the best job of modernizing the character or team it was based on.

In my opinion, The Ultimates has been the best title so far. I think it's done a great job of modernizing the often critized Avengers. I think the way the team was tied to the government gives the team a nice sense of believability. I love all the Ultimates titles, but I love The Ultimates the most!

Ultimates, followed not-so-closely by Spider-Man.

I would have to say UFF. It makes alot more sense now then 616. But I love them all but I would have to say that a close second would be the Ultimates followed by X-Men and then Spider-Man

There's no question it's the Ultimates. Not only do the stories in that particular title stand out as the most original, the characters do, too. They are real, down to earth people as opposed to the high and mighty heroes that we see in 616. The odd parallels to the real world and this title are by no means a stretch, which is great, and I really like the fact that everything that goes on in our world has something to do with what is going on in the comic. That makes it even more real.

I'll go with the Ultimates, because I have to root for any team that has a member who spent time as a psychiatric patient. Hurray for nuts!

They've all been good,but Ultimates for sure.Never has Cap or the Hulk ever been so incredibly badass.Cap is sooo badass it's friggin' awesome.

Ultimate X-Men. Anyone who can make Cyclops enjoyable is the best out there.

I never thought I would like an avengers book, but the Ultimates showed how bad *** they can be.

Wow, Ultimate Spider-Man gets no love. *sniff*

Well in my case, it does. Regardless of what anyone else thinks, I love Ultimate Spider-Man. I can relate so much to what he goes through, and he hasn't been this smartass in years. I love it.

The Ultimates come in a close second. I love the feeling that I'm reading an action movie in comic form. Plus, it made Thor cool to me! That alone makes The Ultimates rule!

Ultimate Fantastic Four come in third with the X-Men dead last, simply because the FF keeps getting better while X-Men progressively gets worse.

Also, is it just me, or does anyone else see the irony that UF4 started out slow and really picked up steam while UXM started off great and seems to be on a downward spiral? It's kinda amusing.

I'll agree with the UFF bit. It was spotty at best at the start. I really dig what Millar/Land have done with it recently. I was going to stop reading it, but they really brought me back to the book.

Latest posts

Back