Indiana Jones 4 discussion (Spoilers!)

How would you rate Indiana Jones?

• Total voters
Mutt is just his nickname. His real name is Henry Jones III so they can call Indiana Jones too.

No they can't. It's not like Indiana is the natural nickname for Henry... It was the name of his dog, which they are alluding to with the name Mutt (if you didn't pick that up). It would be silly and awkward for him to adopt that name now.

I would rather Henry Jones III and the Silly Pills of Dr. Leary (or whatever), then Mutt Jones and the Castigation of Napolean (or whatever). But neither really fits.

Hmm: Maybe they can go back to the nameless title a la Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Last edited:
Hmm: Maybe they can go back to the nameless title a la Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Well, except Raiders of the Lost Ark is now called Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. :roll:

Anyways, I really don't think they're going to make a spin-off with JUST Mutt. It'll still be Indy, but probably with Mutt and they'll probably give Mutt more screen time.

Also, saw it again. It's actually a bit better on a reviewing, since you know what's coming. I still think it's my least favorite, maybe tieing Temple of Doom, but it fits better with the other movies in my mind now.

Are you kidding? When is the last time you saw Temple of Doom?

Temple of Doom is not only the worst Indy film, its a horrrrible movie. The acting is ****, the writing is ****, half of the action sequences are boring, and the plot is awful.

This movie beats it by sooooo much.

I actually just watched Temple of Doom and it's not as bad as I thought it was. However, it's definitely the worst of the Indy films, probably because the format is so jarring (he gets involved accidentally, there's no school scene where he's recruited etc.) It just feels different, but it's still enjoyable.

I watched it about a month ago and went from ignoring the bad to support the good to realizing that the little good there is isn't that good at all. All it has are some good ideas, that are never really fleshed out. Short Round was one of those ideas, and he could have been utilized better, but instead it just seems like he was shoved in for some laughs so that we could sit through the rest of the movie.

Apparently, Indy IV killed Langta's father and raped his mother. So much hatred...

Anywhos:

I read in Entertainment Weekly that George Lucas has mentioned that he already has plans for Indy 5 where Shia would be the lead actor and Ford would be the tag-along. But, as he said, he "hasn't said anything yet to For or Spielberg."

i actually like temple of doom. it's not as good as raiders and crusade, for sure, but i dont think its a travesty like DSF

Short Round is a much better character than Mutt. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a travesty. The acting is terrible, as is the plot. It has a lot of great ideas that are never really fleshed out, i.e. the aliens.

Bottom line, this movie did not need to be made. The original three were fine by themselves, and this movie is just evidence at how frail and ****ty-of-a-filmmaker that Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg have become.

Are you kidding? When is the last time you saw Temple of Doom?

Temple of Doom is not only the worst Indy film, its a horrrrible movie. The acting is ****, the writing is ****, half of the action sequences are boring, and the plot is awful.

This movie beats it by sooooo much.

On Thursday. Along with Raiders, Crusade and Kingdom. :p

I really don't think it's that bad. It easily has the best villain (Mola Ram is so damn evil), Shorty is a riot, and Indy is possibly more badass than in any of the other movies. It has its shortcomings. Willie, for example, is awful and there's a little too much exposition, but that's something it shares with Kingdom. I used to think the same as you, DSF, and I would skip it whenever I would watch Raiders and Crusade, but I find it enjoyable now.

Ice said:
I read in Entertainment Weekly that George Lucas has mentioned that he already has plans for Indy 5 where Shia would be the lead actor and Ford would be the tag-along. But, as he said, he "hasn't said anything yet to For or Spielberg."

I think Ford and LaBeouf were in an interview together, and they both denied it, saying it'd have to be an Indy film for them to sign on. My guess is Spielberg would be against it, too. I think a movie shared by the two would be fine, but we don't need a reversed Crusade.

Last edited:
This movie was terrible.

Harrison Ford's acting sounded tired and forced, and Karen Allen sucked just as bad.

The CGI was ridiculous. Was it really necessary for the CGI gophers?

Nothing in the movie was believable. I know, it's an Indiana Jones movie, but literally NOTHING in the movie was believable. It's amazing how they keep 10 layers of clothing on in the scorching hot South American weather, and how Indy and Marion's shirts remain tucked in, even after they've been chased through the rainforest my Soviets and flesh-eating ants, not to mention fallen from three waterfalls.

And don't even get me started on the Spalko-Mutt swordfighting scene between the two cars. By the time Indy and the gang reached the final waterfall, I just about walked out of the theater. Un-****ing-believable. They survive all three waterfalls, unscathed.

And the UFO? At that point in the movie, I actually found myself saying aloud, "You have got to be ****ting me." That whole sequence felt rushed. It ended way too quickly, and when the UFO just went up in the skies, the whole movie felt pointless.

"Crazy John Hurt" got real annoying real fast. When he said, "No, [the aliens] went up in the skies between the skies," or whatever, I couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably at the ridiculousness of the scene. I don't know how you could make this movie with a straight face.

Easily the worst film in the series. It feels like a slap in the face from Spielberg.

The only redeeming factors are the performances of Cate Blanchet, Shia LeBeouf, and Ray Winstone.

If there's one thing this movie has taught me, it's that, in the event of a nuclear fallout, I can hide in a ****ing refrigerator and survive unharmed as I pass a 60 mph-exploding-car in my seemingly indestructable makeshift torpedo fridge.

Also, that the Mayans worshipped the Coneheads.

4/10 (I'm being very generous)

Yes yes, how terrible, as we know all movies should be made just for you.

It was an Indiana Jones movie, it was just like every other Indiana Jones movie.

Oh noes, there were aliens, why you know are so much less believable than a golden box death ray sent by someone's grandad in a bath robe. Or a guy being able to pull out another guy's heart with his bare hands, and the guy being alive without his heart. Or a cup owned by a dead jew that lets you live forever.

Yes yes, how terrible, as we know all movies should be made just for you.

It was an Indiana Jones movie, it was just like every other Indiana Jones movie.

Oh noes, there were aliens, why you know are so much less believable than a golden box death ray sent by someone's grandad in a bath robe. Or a guy being able to pull out another guy's heart with his bare hands, and the guy being alive without his heart. Or a cup owned by a dead jew that lets you live forever.

This wasn't an Indiana Jones movie. It was a piece of ****.

This wasn't an Indiana Jones movie. It was a piece of ****.

Yes yes, the world needs to follow your opinion as law.

Personally, it was a fun movie. At no point are any of the Indiana Jones movies as good as some people claim them to be. They're just a love letter to the Matinee films that Lucas and Spielberg grew up on, nothing more, nothing less.

zOMG!! Too much CGI!!

Grow the **** up, miniatures look like *** in this day and age, and they looked like *** back then too. I mean for ****'s sake as much as I love old Haryhausen movies, I freely admit the stop motion stuff looks like the stuff on Robot Chicken.

Yes yes, the world needs to follow your opinion as law.

Personally, it was a fun movie. At no point are any of the Indiana Jones movies as good as some people claim them to be. They're just a love letter to the Matinee films that Lucas and Spielberg grew up on, nothing more, nothing less.

zOMG!! Too much CGI!!

Grow the **** up, miniatures look like *** in this day and age, and they looked like *** back then too. I mean for ****'s sake as much as I love old Haryhausen movies, I freely admit the stop motion stuff looks like the stuff on Robot Chicken.

I never said that the world needs to follow my opinion as law. I could say the same about your opinion, "Miniatures look like ****?"

I'm just trying to explain myself. I've dropped it, but people keep egging me on.
No one's egging, but even so, that doesn't mean you have to keep going. That's your choice that you need to learn to ignore. And you keeping it going as well isn't dropping anything.

And you do need to tone it down as well. We get that you don't like the movie, but you don't have to go blurting it out the way you have.

I know it seems hard for people to keep things civil, but try as best as you can do keep yourself from having to use the swear filter for every other damn word.

Last edited:
No one's egging, but even so, that doesn't mean you have to keep going. That's your choice that you need to learn to ignore. And you keeping it going as well isn't dropping anything.

And you do need to tone it down as well. We get that you don't like the movie, but you don't have to go blurting it out the way you have.

I know it seems hard for people to keep things civil, but try as best as you can do keep yourself from having to use the swear filter for every other damn word.

All right, I apologize.

Apparently, Indy IV killed Langta's father and raped his mother. So much hatred...

Anywhos:

I have yet to see this, but I don't want to see more Indy films anytime soon.

Latest posts

Back