Indiana Jones 4

It seems though that it's gonna have an enjoyable cheesiness that comes with Indy saying everything that's on his mind... for example, "Damn, I thought that was closer."

so be it, it will still be a fun ol' romp.

and joe, you betrayed first in the "all-important" competition. also you're becoming a little like VVD in overstatement of self-importance- jokingly or not, tone is difficult to convey online, and i dont want you to change like that, so please be more like old joe again. it's not betrayal if what you stood for goes out the window for being popular- you were the new guy who was nice and witty, but now you're very much like VVD, which is VVD's thing.

also also, you never answer my IMs.

It's hard to answer IMs at work because I don't have the sound on and if I'm not looking at the computer when they come up it could take a while to see them. I always respond to you but you always sign off before I do.

I can't speak to the other stuff because I don't see it.

Meh.

Kinda weak trailer. Not saying the film looks bad. But for a big teaser/trailer like Indy Jones....I was expecting more./

I am surprised to see that Harrison Ford apparently does not age. I don't know whethere that's a good thing or bad.

Last edited:
Meh.

Kinda weak trailer. Not saying the film looks bad. But for a big teaser/trailer like Indy Jones....I was expecting more./

I am surprised to see that Harrison Ford apparently does not age. I don't know whethere that's a good thing or bad.

For a teaser, I thought it was pretty good.

Still, we should see the full length trailer in a couple of months.

The movie looks great, I saw a few "unnessecary cgi" stunts that have me worried. But who knows.

I loved the line "Damn I thought it was closer"
Meh.

I agree, they could do much better on the teaser. And it really is great to see Harrison Ford back, no ones else can play this role, so much of it comes from Ford.

My only problem with the teaser is that I find teasers for anticipated stuff much more exciting if you can't tell what they're for for the first 15-20 seconds or so.

However, it was still great, as both a trailer and a look at the movie itself. It's so great when the music starts and when that whip cracked, I got chills.

The movie looks great, I saw a few "unnessecary cgi" stunts that have me worried. But who knows.

I don't think the CG is done yet, so it looked rough in spots. I think it'll look pretty amazing when it's completed.

I loved the line "Damn I thought it was closer"

That's going to go down in history as the movie's most quotable line. Like "No ticket" from The Last Crusade. They could still surprise us, but it was pretty damn hilarious.

And it really is great to see Harrison Ford back, no ones else can play this role, so much of it comes from Ford.

He was born for the role. He looked more alive in that trailer then any of the movies I've seen him in in the last 15 years.

Last edited:
I don't think the CG is done yet, so it looked rough in spots. I think it'll look pretty amazing when it's completed.
I mean in the sense of over the top action without practical effects. There should be just about no cgi in Indy movies until the end with all the mystical stuff. Basically I hope it doesn't go the Live Free or Die Hard route. Indy's stunts are, for the most part, very realistic. It a big pet peeve of mine

I mean in the sense of over the top action without practical effects. There should be just about no cgi in Indy movies until the end with all the mystical stuff. Basically I hope it doesn't go the Live Free or Die Hard route. Indy's stunts are, for the most part, very realistic. It a big pet peeve of mine

I can understand that. I still think most of the stunts will be pretty realistic, but we'll see. I'm fairly optimistic.

Plus, the actors are going to carry the film, regardless. Harrison Ford and Karen Allen back give the film a lot of credibility and tie ins to the previous three. And Ray Winstone, Shia LaBeouf, and Cate Blanchett all look and sound amazing.

I can understand that. I still think most of the stunts will be pretty realistic, but we'll see. I'm fairly optimistic.

Plus, the actors are going to carry the film, regardless. Harrison Ford and Karen Allen back give the film a lot of credibility and tie ins to the previous three. And Ray Winstone, Shia LaBeouf, and Cate Blanchett all look and sound amazing.

Yeah, I was basically just one explosion and the car crash scene in the warehouse that got me worried

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If you were serious then I would seriously question your intelligence

Yeah, because a car flippng through the air after a massive collision could never happen, but being saved from a gigantic explosion by ejecting away from it or jumping under a foot of water is totally realistic and would not incinerate you from the heat.

None of the films are all that realistic in terms of stunts, but CGI or not, LFODH was no more ridiculous than its predecessors, if anything it was more realistic. You can't accuse them of having ruined it with big CGI stunts anymore than the others were "ruined" by big bluescreen stunts.

Last edited:
Yeah, because a car flippng through the air after a massive collision could never happen,
no, but when two cars simultaneously stop at the right position deflecting the flying car from crushing you, yeah that's unrealistic. Being able to drive an SUV from a parking garage into the main control area of a Nuclear Power Plant, then proceeding to drive it into an conveintlly open elevator shatf bring eough to fitt and SUV, than have it fall, being caught an supported by cables that holes the SUV up long enough for a fight with a hor kung fu chick, that just ****ing out there

but being saved from a gigantic explosion by ejecting away from it
Planes due have ejector seats with enough force t clear that space, yes
or jumping under a foot of water is totally realistic and would not incinerate you from the heat.
Actually he was now where near incineration or serious harm, but he didn't know that and jumping into a pool can prevent being burned and have the pool's wall help cover him from the concussive force and well as prevent large dibris from falling on him. in that situation, that was the best spot to be in my opinion.

None of the films are all that realistic in terms of stunts, but CGI or not, LFODH was no more ridiculous than its predecessors, if anything it was more realistic.
You're not getting what's my problem, my problem is that these films have precedent, sure on it's own it's fine. But the previous films have set a standard of believability. The previous Die Hard films had one maybe two out there stunts, but 4 had constant over use at an attempt to look "extreme". And I really don't want Indy 4 to follow the same steps of modern action film crap. I want them to remember what it was before and follow that precedent, not get trigger happy with new technology.

I've actually been meaning to write a whole essay on this, I might just do that instead of studying for my exam...

Last edited:
no, but when two cars simultaneously stop at the right position deflecting the flying car from crushing you, yeah that's unrealistic.

It's unlikely, but it was believable in the circumstances and it would work if it happened.

Being able to drive an SUV from a parking garage into the main control area of a Nuclear Power Plant, then proceeding to drive it into an conveintlly open elevator shatf bring eough to fitt and SUV, than have it fall, being caught an supported by cables that holes the SUV up long enough for a fight with a hor kung fu chick, that just ****ing out there

You were talking about over-the-top stuff caused by (unnecessary) CGI, though. This kind of thing could've been in any of the films.

Planes due have ejector seats with enough force t clear that space, yesActually he was now where near incineration or serious harm, but he didn't know that and jumping into a pool can prevent being burned and have the pool's wall help cover him from the concussive force and well as prevent large dibris from falling on him. in that situation, that was the best spot to be in my opinion.

If we're talking about the explosion at the end of DHWAV, jumping into the water next to an exploding boat probably wouldn't save you. Seabed reflection.

Again, this doesn't matter to me, the Die Hard films have never been very realistic. 4 didn't divert from this.

You're not getting what's my problem, my problem is that these films have precedent, sure on it's own it's fine. But the previous films have set a standard of believability. The previous Die Hard films had one maybe two out there stunts, but 4 had constant over use at an attempt to look "extreme".

I still don't think DH4 was any less realistic than the previous films. The stunts were bigger, but they seemed quite appropriate in a Die Hard film because they ALWAYS tried to push the envelope of action sequences.

Some film series do this(RD-D2/weaponized killbot in the Star Wars prequels, for instance), but I don't think the Die Hard films are a culprit. The whole appeal of a new Die Hard movie(or Mission: Impossible, or anything like this) is that they're going to take things farther than before.

And IMO, I think those attempt paid off because Live Free Or Die Hard was very ****ing extreme.

But to go back to the real issue...
And I really don't want Indy 4 to follow the same steps of modern action film crap. I want them to remember what it was before and follow that precedent, not get trigger happy with new technology.

I don't think you need to worry. The Indy films have always been more about "adventure" than "action", and Spielberg has always had a pretty good instinct for stuff like this.

Last edited:
That trailer kicked ***. Indy is back! I loved that line at the start "not as easy as it use to be" :lol: Hell yeah!

You were talking about over-the-top stuff caused by (unnecessary) CGI, though. This kind of thing could've been in any of the films.
I don't always mean CGI, that is one the main problems though, it's the out there nature that is completely off from the precedent set in the other films. The good majority of fight scene are done in both a very realistic setting, an office floor under construction, in empty offices, airport baggage, close wing of an airport. In theory places a New York Cop can actually be at. A dangling SUV in an elevator shaft is very different.

If we're talking about the explosion at the end of DHWAV, jumping into the water next to an exploding boat probably wouldn't save you. Seabed reflection.
That's just when you really get into the technically mythbuster stuff, I'm talking about the idea of two guys jumping off a boat as it explodes being realistic. What a person can do and what is the likely of that situation playing out, 4 had numerous situation far exceeding the number in the previous movie, where the likely hood off that happening is almost zero.

I'm am by no means stating that the previous were ultra realistic, but they do have a set standard of their own realism that Die Hard 4, just threw aside.
And IMO, I think those attempt paid off because Live Free Or Die Hard was very ****ing extreme.
Let me just say "****ing extreme" usually means crap

But enough of being off topic, I'm writing a big thing on this issue.

Latest posts

Back