Invisibles Vol. 1 "Say You Want a Revolution" discussion [spoilers]

E

Excelsior Club
I just ordered Invisibles Vol. 1 because I heard it was good.

So...someone tell me about it.

Re: I just ordered Invisibles Vol. 1...

I've heard it was good, as well. Tell me about it once you've read it, I might pick it up sometime.

I was reading an interview of Morrison in this book, I'll type it up soon, which talks about Invisibles and this crazy experience he had.

EDIT: Interview is too long, here's an indepth thing at Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invisibles

Last edited:

Morrison believes that the Wachowski brothers essentially plagiarized his work to create the first Matrix film.

Goddamn hacks.

The title initially sold well but sales dipped sharply during the first series leading to worries the series may be cancelled outright. To stop this Morrison suggested a "wankathon" in order to magically increase sales by a mass of fans masturbating at a set time. The title did avoid being cancelled but Morrison and DC remain uncommited as to whether this helped save the book.

Wonderful.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Wonderful.

Yeah, I read that. Go down further and you hear about his time he got told by the "aliens" about his ideas and ****. That's what I was going to type up from this book I borrowed.

This is obviously the greatest book ever made then.

ProjectX2 said:
Yeah, I read that. Go down further and you hear about his time he got told by the "aliens" about his ideas and ****. That's what I was going to type up from this book I borrowed.
My brain hurts...

That kooky Grant Morrison!

Baxter said:
Invisables is really, REALLY ****ed up man....

Give me some sort of frame of reference, keeping in mind I read mainly Marvel.

E said:
Give me some sort of frame of reference, keeping in mind I read mainly Marvel.
Tansvesttite time travel to find the Marqui De Sade while the forces of conformity butcher people.

Baxter said:
Tansvesttite time travel to find the Marqui De Sade while the forces of conformity butcher people.

:shock:

I'm about halfway through the first volume and I'm not terribly impressed. Not bad, but not great like I would expect a Grant Morrison book to be.

E said:
I'm about halfway through the first volume and I'm not terribly impressed. Not bad, but not great like I would expect a Grant Morrison book to be.

Morrison is often overrated.

FACT.

The Invisibles is pretty entertaining. I particularly liked the solemn and quiet last issue.

The Invisibles starts off rather... 'sane', but gets progressively weirder with stories like "Karmageddon" and "Apocalipstick".

One of the best issues is a single issue focusing on an insanely minor character in the first trade.

There are a couple of other interesting parts in the title.

I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I think it's really not something that's very accessible. You really have to be in the right frame of mind to enjoy it and I think I happened to be when I read it.

I think most of it is pretty good, and some is extremely good, but I've read better by Morrison and by others.

But yeah, I think it's a good read.

I think part of my problem was that I was reading this knowing a plot line from beyond where I'm reading, and I was getting impatient because I didn't see it going there.

I picked this back up today and re-read it, starting at the beginning, wiping away any expectations of where the story would go, and found it much easier to read and understand. In fact, I read about half of the first TPB in one sitting.

I've been liking it, but it would seem that the series picks up a little after the first run of comics ended and Invisibles vol. 2, #1 came out...

Yeah. Good.

I just finished the third volume and only had a vague idea of what the **** was going on.

Latest posts

Back