iPod Help

On a cool side note, my cousin brought over his Windows-formatted iPod today, we hooked it up to my mac, and copied about 100 songs to his iPod.

DURGH?! :noway: :?: :?: :?:

as it is a hard drive, i find that amazing! You should check to see that all his old songs are still intact/ still play. because, (as it is a hard drive), i would expect it to not be able to take songs in mac format without reformatting the drive and thus losing the songs. hmm

marvelman said:
DURGH?! :noway: :?: :?: :?:

as it is a hard drive, i find that amazing! You should check to see that all his old songs are still intact/ still play. because, (as it is a hard drive), i would expect it to not be able to take songs in mac format without reformatting the drive and thus losing the songs. hmm

Yeah, we were surprised. But it worked fine afterward.

But knowing that you can take Mac-format files from a DVD and read them on a PC, I guess it shouldn't really be that much of a surprise.

actually, that is right, that does work. Macs can read and copy onto Windows formatted iPods, but Windows, being retarded machines :)wink: jkjk) cannot read and copy onto Mac formatted iPods (i.e. macs can read windows files but windows cannot read mac files.)

It's easy. The stored files retain their ID3 (or whatever the AAC version of it is called) information. You move them into your iTunes Music Folder on Computer B, import them all to iTunes, and tell iTunes to keep your music organized (in preferences). Sometimes, you'll need to tell it to stop keeping it organized, hit okay, go back in and turn it back on, hit okay, and then it'll do it. Then you have the identical library on Computer B as you did the computer you downloaded your music onto the iPod from.

iPods just name the folders and files weird to slow you down if you only want to move one or two files.

My harddrive died. As I don't want to have to download/rip all my songs again, I need a program to copy the songs from the iPod back to the computer.

I have tried three programs. EphPod, I don't even know how that one works. AnaPod was sort of alright, but the trial only allowed me to back up five songs. CopyTrans was the best, but I could only get 100 songs.

How am I going to get my songs back?

Bass and Proj...

I copied a bunch of files from my brother's iPod Video a year or so ago and I was able to retain the names of the songs in their file names.

So I asked my brother what the name of the program we used and he suggested CopyPod or CopyTrans. :D

Hope that helps.

Yeah, I ended up having to buy CopyTrans for $20US! Damn you, Apple!

I haven't used ephpod since my post above, so I can't remember how to use it BUT I remember I downloaded it free and could use it.... hopefully CopyTrans is worth the $20. ^___^

I haven't used ephpod since my post above, so I can't remember how to use it BUT I remember I downloaded it free and could use it.... hopefully CopyTrans is worth the $20. ^___^

Probably not, since I think this'll be the only time I use it.

Latest posts

Back