Iron Man 2 discussion (Spoilers!)

How would you rate Iron Man 2?

• Total voters
"You guys look like two seals fighting over a grape...." Worst line ever.

And then right after that, "Get your own roof."

Then, "Hey Tony, my car is ruined, I'm gonna need to borrow this suit." / "That wasn't a question!" (flies off in War Machine suit)

All in the span of 5 minutes.

I thought all of that was decently funny. Usually Tony is the one with the snappy one liners and he's giving Rhodey a hard time, but they turned it around for one scene. It worked for me.

This may not have been Cheadle's best performance ever, but he did a god job in my opinion.

I thought he did a damn good job, just didn't have enough time to really shine with it. I was surprise I barely noticed him being there, I thought that with him looking completely different from Terence Howard I would notice more. But he seemed like a natural fit. I hope he gets a part in Avengers and Iron Man 3

I enjoyed it.

I'm not going to be overly critical, like for example, "WHY DIDN'T THEY EXPLAIN HIS LOVE OF COCKATOOS!" or anything.

I didn't think the Avengers stuff took over the movie. It was probably present for about five minutes, which out of a 2 hour five minutes, is only four percent of the film.

I thought Black Widow was going to be a bad guy, and was pleasantly surprised when she wasn't.

I liked the final fight, unlike the rest of you.

I thought all of that was decently funny. Usually Tony is the one with the snappy one liners and he's giving Rhodey a hard time, but they turned it around for one scene. It worked for me.

This may not have been Cheadle's best performance ever, but he did a god job in my opinion.

He was better in Hotel For Dogs, I think.

I just saw it, and I thought it was an incredibly enjoyable film, I can't remember the last time I had so much fun at a movie. The Fury stuff did feel a little out of place, but it was such a small bit of the movie it didn't really bother me. I thought the Black Widow stuff was going to be corny, but her and Happy's fight was one of my favorite scenes, and I thought all of the actors did admirably with their roles.

4/5.

so apparently Olivia Munn was in Iron man 2 as Chess Roberts?

I don't remember seeing her in the movie...and who the heck is Chess Roberts?

I thought it would have benefited better without the presence of the Avengers stuff. Black Widow and Fury's characterization was just flat. But I suppose Scarlett's tight body flip kicking all those dudes at the end was totally worth it.

Also, Olivia Munn played a reporter early on I think. She had, like, one line.

Last edited:
DVD/Blu-Ray specs (Available 9-28-10):

"Iron Man 2" Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack

The "Iron Man 2" Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and Brazilian Portuguese 5.1 Dolby Digital and English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese subtitles. The DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, French 5.1 Surround and Spanish 5.1 Surround and English, French and Spanish subtitles. The disc breakdown is as follows:

Disc 1 (Blu-ray):

Feature film with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD)
S.H.I.E.L.D. Data Vault (HD)- Extend your knowledge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe with high-level clearance into S.H.I.E.L.D.'s digital data vault. Interact with select scenes from the movie that include new layers of graphics and insider information. View case files, dossiers, S.H.I.E.L.D. training films, tech details and more.
Previsualization and Animatics (HD)
Disc 2 (Blu-ray):

Ultimate Iron Man: The Making of "Iron Man 2" (HD)
Rebuilding the Suit-An all-encompassing look at the beginning stages of this mammoth blockbuster.
A Return to Action-From Marvel Studios to the streets of Monaco, Jon Favreau takes viewers through the trials and triumphs of continuing Iron Man's story.
Expanding the Universe-From the amazing sets of Stark Expo to Tony Stark's home and beyond, the Marvel Universe continues to unfold into new and exciting places.
Building a Legacy-From filming to editing, scoring and visual effects, Favreau and his team face the challenges of bringing the sequel to the big screen.
Featurettes (HD)
Creating Stark Expo-A look at how the sets and computer-generated elements combine to create the massive set piece.
Practical Meets Digital-How the "practical" props inform the "digital" work that ultimately brings our hero to life on screen.
Illustrated Origin: Nick Fury-A comprehensive journey into creating one of the most mysterious and influential heroes in the Marvel Universe.
Illustrated Origin: Black Widow-An exciting look at the new femme fatale introduced in "Iron Man 2."
Illustrated Origin: War Machine-A look at the introduction of the character and how his friendship with Tony Stark resonates with fans.
Working with DJ AM-Jon Favreau remembers working with Adam Goldstein.
Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD)
Alternate Opening
Coulson at the Senate
The Sub-Orbital Jet
Tony's Workshop (extended)
Natalie Wears the Gauntlet
Flying Party Girl
Mark II Security
Element Rediscovered (extended)
Concept Art Gallery
Theatrical Trailers (HD)
Music Video: AC/DC "Shoot To Thrill"
Disc 3 (DVD):

Feature Film
Digital Copy

"Iron Man 2" Two-Disc DVD

The "Iron Man 2" DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, French 5.1 Surround and Spanish 5.1 Surround and English, French and Spanish subtitles. The disc breakdown is as follows:

Disc 1:

Feature film with optional commentary by Jon Favreau
Disc 2:

Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Jon Favreau
Alternate Opening
Coulson at the Senate
Natalie Wears the Gauntlet
Element Rediscovered (extended)
Featurettes
Creating Stark Expo
Practical Meets Digital
Music Video: AC/DC "Shoot To Thrill"
Digital Copy

The single-disc DVD includes the feature film with commentary by Jon Favreau.

Latest posts

Back