• Iron Man, the Armored Avenger

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Batman, the Dark Knight

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Neither, they both suck.

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Batman would win because he's bad-***.

Tony would then get drunk, until Ben Urich tells him he's having a nervous breakdown, oops wrong character, I mean, Pepper/Bethany tell him to stop drinking.

Then Tony builds up a company from nothing and then buy Bruce's company.

And then Batman kicks his *** again.

Repeat, wash, rinse.

I'm surprised that everyone here is underestimating Tony Stark a lot. I'm kind of tired of everyone saying that Batman could beat anyone that he comes up against when really there's dozens of super heroes who would dominate him. My main point is Superman. I really think that it's stupid to think Superman would get taken down by Batman. Even with the ring Superman can just take Batman down from a distance with some heat vision or freeze breath. I really think half of the Justice League can take him down also, they just don't use the abilities to the lethal level necessary to take down Batman. I mean Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, Wally West, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman are all smart enough, resourceful enough and powerful enough to beat him.

But going back to Tony Stark, it's kind of hard to consider Tony Stark as a pushover in a fight. I mean this is a guy who's trained with Captain America in combat and has the genius to run the Initiative, Stark Enterprises, the Avengers, and SHIELD all at once. After his bonding with the Extremis Stark can communicate with any satellite or computer he needs to. Frankly I think Stark would give Batman the fight of his life and end up winning.

I'm surprised that everyone here is underestimating Tony Stark a lot. I'm kind of tired of everyone saying that Batman could beat anyone that he comes up against when really there's dozens of super heroes who would dominate him. My main point is Superman. I really think that it's stupid to think Superman would get taken down by Batman. Even with the ring Superman can just take Batman down from a distance with some heat vision or freeze breath. I really think half of the Justice League can take him down also, they just don't use the abilities to the lethal level necessary to take down Batman. I mean Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, Wally West, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman are all smart enough, resourceful enough and powerful enough to beat him.

But going back to Tony Stark, it's kind of hard to consider Tony Stark as a pushover in a fight. I mean this is a guy who's trained with Captain America in combat and has the genius to run the Initiative, Stark Enterprises, the Avengers, and SHIELD all at once. After his bonding with the Extremis Stark can communicate with any satellite or computer he needs to. Frankly I think Stark would give Batman the fight of his life and end up winning.

No, Iron Man is a ***** compared to Batman. You know this to be true. Regardless, who would win in a fight really isn't a good basis for deciding which character is better.

I agree with this.

To be honest, I wasn't kidding when I made my post.

There are fundamental differences between Batman and Iron Man that make the idea of a 'fight' between the two difficult to talk about.

The only reason why Iron Man wouldn't win by vaporizing Batman's *** with hot electomagnetic death is for marketing/story reasons.

Batman woud have to win because it would be contrary to fandom for him to die or get beaten by a guy in an armored suit. Fans want Batman to lose OR win 'honorably' (whatever the **** that means) in a prolonged struggle with lots of bloodshed, broken bones and a dramatic coda to the battle.

Which is why they've built up this myth of Batman as a character who is Prepared for Everything, "Cause I'm The ******* Badass". So he would win by disabling Tony's very obvious advantage. After all that's how they let Batman win against a physically superior foe ALL THE TIME, they give him some kind of deus ex emasculata to disable the advantage so that the prolonged 'fair fight' can happen.

Tony on the other hand, cannot die because Marvel can't bring him back to life all too easily unless nanomonkeys assemble him bit by bit just as Wolverine can supposedly regrow himself from a ****ing blood stain. So instead he just gets beaten badly and Batman walks away because "I'm The Better Man"

Tony however, while being more of an Engineer Savant than the Wowza I'm So Smart of Reed Richards, and more of a Business Bad-*** than the Trust Fund Baby Bruce Wayne can use his L33t sense of industrial design to I don't know, reinvent the ****ing iPod and build a company from two sticks and a sock puppet and have an IPO with an accumulated value of ten digits in dollars, all while he's shagging Carmen Electra.

After which he buys Wayne Industries.

And there is absolutely no way Bruce would take that sitting down, so the cycle continues and never ends.

I agree with this.

To be honest, I wasn't kidding when I made my post.

There are fundamental differences between Batman and Iron Man that make the idea of a 'fight' between the two difficult to talk about.

The only reason why Iron Man wouldn't win by vaporizing Batman's *** with hot electomagnetic death is for marketing/story reasons.

Batman woud have to win because it would be contrary to fandom for him to die or get beaten by a guy in an armored suit. Fans want Batman to lose OR win 'honorably' (whatever the **** that means) in a prolonged struggle with lots of bloodshed, broken bones and a dramatic coda to the battle.

Which is why they've built up this myth of Batman as a character who is Prepared for Everything, "Cause I'm The ******* Badass". So he would win by disabling Tony's very obvious advantage. After all that's how they let Batman win against a physically superior foe ALL THE TIME, they give him some kind of deus ex emasculata to disable the advantage so that the prolonged 'fair fight' can happen.

Tony on the other hand, cannot die because Marvel can't bring him back to life all too easily unless nanomonkeys assemble him bit by bit just as Wolverine can supposedly regrow himself from a ****ing blood stain. So instead he just gets beaten badly and Batman walks away because "I'm The Better Man"

Tony however, while being more of an Engineer Savant than the Wowza I'm So Smart of Reed Richards, and more of a Business Bad-*** than the Trust Fund Baby Bruce Wayne can use his L33t sense of industrial design to I don't know, reinvent the ****ing iPod and build a company from two sticks and a sock puppet and have an IPO with an accumulated value of ten digits in dollars, all while he's shagging Carmen Electra.

And there is absolutely no way Bruce would take that sitting down, so the cycle continues and never ends.

Fully agreed.

You have over looked one important thing my friend, how is Stark going to fight crime at the same time he has caught 6 different VD's from Carmen Electra. There is no way. The itching alone will force him to take the suit off every 10 minutes. Batman would have planned this all along, knowing Tony Stark's love of hot skanks would be his downfall. This is why Batman kicks ***.

You have over looked one important thing my friend, how is Stark going to fight crime at the same time he has caught 6 different VD's from Carmen Electra. There is no way. The itching alone will force him to take the suit off every 10 minutes. Batman would have planned this all along, knowing Tony Stark's love of hot skanks would be his downfall. This is why Batman kicks ***.

True, but Wayne'll be too buisy sitting in the corner sobbing over the 12 sidekicks that the Joker's killed. Then he'll go wax the Bat Pole 'cause he can't get anything other than Katie Holmes and Maggie Gyllenhal love.

Fully agreed.
I like your point about the rest of the League though.

It's not that they are incapable of beating Batman, nor that they are 'not smart enough' to think about how to do it. It's that they are too moral.

The Manhunter, Wonder Woman, et al they could all kick his *** if they wanted to but are too honorable that they can't even take their minds in that place where they would be able to beat him, just as the animated Flash exercised the kind of self-restraint that Luthor didn't to bust doors open with molecule vibrato-hands.

Also, what the hell is a fair fight? Or rather what is the point of one?

I don't see why people say that as if it means that Tony has to lose the armor and they get all mano e mano. That's not ipso facto a fair fight, because it puts Tony out of his element and you're no longer talking about Iron Man versus Batman.

That's like saying okay, Spider-Man versus Daredevil, but Daredevil's not blind, and Spider-Man can taste with Monstrous (75) level or Reed Richard versus Doom in a beauty pageant, but Doom's not scarred or Michael Jackson versus Prince in a dance contest, but no moonwalking.

Batman would set off an EMP shaped like a bat or some random-scientificy-doodad, shaped like a bat, and Iron Man would be helpless.

I like your point about the rest of the League though.

It's not that they are incapable of beating Batman, nor that they are 'not smart enough' to think about how to do it. It's that they are too moral.

The Manhunter, Wonder Woman, et al they could all kick his *** if they wanted to but are too honorable that they can't even take their minds in that place where they would be able to beat him, just as the animated Flash exercised the kind of self-restraint that Luthor didn't to bust doors open with molecule vibrato-hands.

Also, what the hell is a fair fight? Or rather what is the point of one?

I don't see why people say that as if it means that Tony has to lose the armor and they get all mano e mano. That's not ipso facto a fair fight, because it puts Tony out of his element and you're no longer talking about Iron Man versus Batman.

That's like saying okay, Spider-Man versus Daredevil, but Daredevil's not blind, and Spider-Man can taste with Monstrous (75) level or Reed Richard versus Doom in a beauty pageant, but Doom's not scarred or Michael Jackson versus Prince in a dance contest, but no moonwalking.

Absolutly. Honestly Batman's the lowest on the pecking order of the Big Seven just because he doesn't have any powers to stop them with. Take a look at all of the fail safes he used against the League in Tower of Bable. Sure Batman will whip out a K-Ring on Superman to take him out. Superman burns his hand off with heat vision. Tries to give Wonder Woman a heart attack but she just snaps his neck a la Max Lord. Want to give Wally West a stroke at super speed, doesn't matter. Wally just slips around the weapon and vibrates Wayne's skull into liquid. The same would would work with Hal, J'onn and Arthur. Just shape shift into a giant monster, fire off a thousand green bullets and launch a harpoon through his heart and you've got one dead Bat. But as these are genuinly the greatest people who have ever lived ever. They would never do such a thing. But when you break it down Tony might not be as forgiving. If he thinks it's for the greater good Tony'll kill any tyrant or threat just to keep the peace. If Batman destabilizes that peace Stark takes him down without blinking.

i think even if the fight came the the grips of death and Batman shot off an emp, i wouldn't put it past Tony to incinerate the both of them with some sort of backup satellite ion cannon protocol.

i think even if the fight came the the grips of death and Batman shot off an emp, i wouldn't put it past Tony to incinerate the both of them with some sort of backup satellite ion cannon protocol.

That's cause Tony Stark's the ****.

But when you break it down Tony might not be as forgiving. If he thinks it's for the greater good Tony'll kill any tyrant or threat just to keep the peace. If Batman destabilizes that peace Stark takes him down without blinking.
That is true.

Though to be honest, I've never fully subscribed to the idea that Tony is an unrelenting bad-*** either. I prefer neurotic arms dealer/world changer Tony over "I'm in your government, schemingz the New World Ordur" Tony.

The two things I love about Batman and Iron Man is that they are very very different businessmen.

Bruce only shows up at corporate functions because he has to, and he does so by pretending to look very bored by them because heaven anyone think that Bruce Wayne actually takes something seriously cause he's SO not like Batman.

Tony LOVES corporate functions. He loves standing on a podium singing the praises of rocket boots and how Bluetooth enabled water bottles will quench thirsty children in Uganda and denying that he has videos to rival Rob Lowe's.

Everyone talks about how Batman puts on the bored Bruce Wayne face so that no one realizes he's actually the super-serious ultra-responsible caped crusader. Well, Iron Man is the no-personality identity that Tony dons to hide the fact that it is the attention whore underneath that suit.

Last edited:

:lol: God, I hate superhero comics.

That is true.

Though to be honest, I've never fully subscribed to the idea that Tony is an unrelenting bad-*** either. I prefer neurotic arms dealer/world changer Tony over "I'm in your government, schemingz the New World Ordur" Tony.

The two things I love about Batman and Iron Man is that they are very very different businessmen.

Bruce only shows up at corporate functions because he has to, and he does so by pretending to look very bored by them because heaven anyone think that Bruce Wayne actually takes something seriously cause he's SO not like Batman.

Tony LOVES corporate functions. He loves standing on a podium singing the praises of rocket boots and how Bluetooth enabled water bottles will quench thirsty children in Uganda and denying that he has videos to rival Rob Lowe's.

Everyone talks about how Batman puts on the bored Bruce Wayne face so that no one realizes he's actually the super-serious ultra-responsible caped crusader. Well, Iron Man is the no-personality identity that Tony dons to hide the fact that it is the attention whore underneath that suit.

That's a really nice parallel you've drawn there.
I won't lie Ourchair, part of the reason this site is great is because all of the things you catch that no one else seems to.

And then Galactus devours the planet and he wins.

And then the Anti-Monitor comes in and ****s **** up.

And Franklin puts everybody in a lunchbox reality to save them.

Then John Byrne re-tells everyone's origin, and fails.

So Wanda comes in and says, "No more inter-company crossovers."

Crisis on Infinite House of Ms, Counting Down to Disassembly!!!!!!

bluebeast said:
That's cause Tony Stark's the ****.
I can't tell whether you said **** or dick, but both would be funny anyway.

Wait, swear filter.

Last edited:
And then Galactus devours the planet and he wins.

And then the Anti-Monitor comes in and ****s **** up.

And Franklin puts everybody in a lunchbox reality to save them.

Then John Byrne re-tells everyone's origin, and fails.

So Wanda comes in and says, "No more inter-company crossovers."

Crisis on Infinite House of Ms, Counting Down to Disassembly!!!!!!

I can't tell whether you said **** or dick, but both would be funny anyway.

Wait, swear filter.

Oh he's the ****.

True, but Wayne'll be too buisy sitting in the corner sobbing over the 12 sidekicks that the Joker's killed. Then he'll go wax the Bat Pole 'cause he can't get anything other than Katie Holmes and Maggie Gyllenhal love.

1.) Batman doesn't cry, he bottles up his emotions to fuel his anger. 2.) Sidekicks don't matter, why would he cry? 3.) Are you making fun of the Bat Pole? It is a quick and efficient way to get to the Bat Cave. Besides, firemen use poles, and you aren't making fun of them are you? Because if you are you hate America. 4.) In addition to Katie Holmes, and Maggie Gyllenhaal he has gotten some from Kim Basinger, Michelle Pfeiffer, Nicole Kidman, Uma Thurman, and probably Alicia Silverstone. And those are only the ones documented on film thus far.

1.) Batman doesn't cry, he bottles up his emotions to fuel his anger.

Read Infinite Crisis. He cries like a little mama's boys ***** because he almost got every single super hero in the entire world killed.

2.) Sidekicks don't matter, why would he cry?

Because they give him that forbidden lovin that only special super heroes can feel.

3.) Are you making fun of the Bat Pole? It is a quick and efficient way to get to the Bat Cave. Besides, firemen use poles, and you aren't making fun of them are you? Because if you are you hate America.

Do firemen ride down poles with prepubescent sidekicks in hot shorts? I think not.

4.) In addition to Katie Holmes, and Maggie Gyllenhaal he has gotten some from:

You're making it sound like Katie Holmes was acceptable in the first place. I mean at least Maggie's got a sense of humor but yeesh.

Kim Basinger
Old. Plus she had Baldwin all over her.

Michelle Pfeiffer
You don't know where that's been.

Nicole Kidman
What's with Batman getting Tom Crusie's sloppy seconds.

Uma Thurman
That did not happen. Plus she looks like Big Bird in Kill Bill.

and probably Alicia Silverstone
It was probably the nipples that attracted her.

And those are only the ones documented on film thus far.
Whoof. I can't wait to see who he gets next. I wonder who the next girl will be to play his "hide the fact that I have a 'ward' named 'Dick' who lives with me and sometimes takes a ride on my Batsicle."

Latest posts

Back